Here's probably my only entry for Category A: The Missing Set. I chose to do Mount Doom. I'm not really sure why LEGO never did this scene, seeing how it is the most important of the movie.

This comes three play features, all coinciding with the movie, as are the minifigure's outfits: Sam's dirty, and without all the equipment printed on his actual, LEGO-made torso, and Frodo's dirty and torn.

Setname: 79022 Mount Doom

Parts: 201

Minifigures: 3

Price: $24.99

15042308993_6f8d0ec005.jpg

15662453165_f9dc3ae7fe.jpg

15638709486_dfd1f492d4.jpg

The play features, like a handle for Frodo to hold onto.

15476473277_01afbfb785.jpg

A lever, that if you pull...

15663266512_ccb676efc8.jpg

...this will happen.

15476872510_b298790e4b.jpg

And finally, a launcher that fires, well... fire. ;)

Edited by Graham Gidman

Awesome entry, Graham Gidman!

I love everything about this. The play features are well done, the build itself's great, and the pictures look just like the official Lego ones.

Nice job. Best of luck in the contest! :classic:

This feels like a real set Lego might make. The only thing is the price seems very high. It's almost 15 cents per piece and this has no large molded creatures, large brick pieces, or special molds? A $19.99 price tag, or even 24.99 seems much more reasonable?

That is a really believable set and also your presentation makes it look even more realistic. You captured the original style and added some neat play Features. The only Thing that I dislike about it is, that we are getting no figures we really Need. Evenif if Frodo's Torso is looking pretty good.

Good luck !

Your MOC makes me think... HOW DID THEY FORGET THAT... And that IMO is the best example of the point of this contest. I like the floor tilting feature, it adds to playability.

You had a very nice idea with that lever and launcher system. Is so simple and functional. Congrats!

This feels like a real set Lego might make. The only thing is the price seems very high. It's almost 15 cents per piece and this has no large molded creatures, large brick pieces, or special molds? A $19.99 price tag, or even 24.99 seems much more reasonable?

I see your point, I'll drop it to $24.99. :wink:

I think I'd like to see a version of this with Isildur and Elrond or Sauron instead, keeping Disco86's comment about figs in mind. That said, this is the most obvious version of a Mt. Doom build and works so well it's hard to be like "I wish it had x fig". It's a great concept and execution and flawlessly feels like something TLG did in another universe.

Congrats ! That's awesome, why LEGO did not made this set ? ...

That could be the occasion to have two new minifigs like in the video game, sam and frodo exhausted :

Lego_lotr_frodo_at_mordor.PNG

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by floed