Bugbot2008

MEC Category A: 'The Watcher in the Water'

Hello everyone, this is my first topic, first original MOC published for this site and my first contest entry! This is my entry for the EB Middle Earth Contest.

Like everyone here I love the Lord of the Rings and remain disappointed with the cancellation of the theme, and since then have begun to design and build my own official-style models to complete the range. So it seemed only natural that I would jump on board when a competition sprung up to celebrate doing exactly that!

This is the scene when the watcher in the water attacks the fellowship as they enter Moria.

"Gandalf the Grey leads the fellowship on their long journey across middle earth to destroy the One Ring of power. Their journey takes them to the Dwarf mines of Moria but first they must figure out how to open the doors of Durin to get inside, but watch out! There is something moving in the water, an ancient mysterious beast with many tentacles known only as The watcher in the Water."

- includes four minifigures: Gandalf, Frodo, Legolas and Boromir

- features the doors of Durin with glow-in-the-dark details

- the watcher in the water has 8 posable arms, and closing jaws

Approximately 400 pieces, excluding figures:

14145266751_DISPLAY.jpg

14145692271_DISPLAY.jpg

14145692292_DISPLAY.jpg

14145692303_DISPLAY.jpg

The watchers eyes and teeth are from the Chima crocodile beast.

1414527701m_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Bugbot2008

Very nice set with lots of details. Congratulations and good luck! :classic:

PS: If possible, next time try to put direct photos and not just the links to them. People are lazy and dont like to click to see it. :sweet:

Very nice set with lots of details. Congratulations and good luck! :classic:

PS: If possible, next time try to put direct photos and not just the links to them. People are lazy and dont like to click to see it. :sweet:

Thanks for your support! I'm still figuring out this site, I have now updated the post to include the pictures themselves :classic:

I haven't seen those tooth parts before! The watcher certainly looks scary enough, and I think it's a good representation.

The watcher in the water is looking magnificent, great usage of the Chima parts ! Especially cool, that the beast is so playable. The glowing parts at the door are Details that make this somethng really Special.

Good luck !