Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School-The Cosplay Party: Conclusion- Caped Crusaders

15036951964_d04fdccc09_o.png

Xenomorphic Monoxide tries to defend himself. "Um, I can't change your minds, I guess. I suppose I could nominate someone better, and give reasons, or I could go through the voting record and consider the events of the last week and try to put something together." The crowd moves closer.

"Nah, you guys have made up your mind."

15633974506_2e6e309a89_o.png

The crowd moves round him, and gives him a hearty beating. He was Town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15037548713_1468beba3e_o.png

Goliath contemplates on his position. "Hard to believe I almost quit day one! And now I'm one of the few to make it to the end! Must be because of my sharp gameplay!"

In the prattle of self-congratulations, he never hears Stickfig approaching.

15633974366_23a8a9f640_o.png

"Hey Goliath! I think you have something in your eye!"

15036951844_3a57cd700e_o.png

Goliath turns around to get a blast of Stickfig's optic beam in the face.

15472128580_dff4b93962_o.png

Satisfied in his evil, Stickfig himself never hears the dark crusader enter the room.

WHAP!

15471058739_18a6771dbb_o.png

Stickfig never stood a chance.

15471734107_9bb645a147_o.png

Captain Settle takes a moment to congratulate himself. "Did I vig kill four of the scum in six nights? Holy megabluck!"

The lights turn on, and Cutcobra enters the room. "Hey bro! What's up?"

15633974066_922f15eb59_o.png

He takes a look at the two bodies. "Whoa! Like, did you do that? Is it just us left? Cuz I'm town. And if you're the vig, that means you're, like, town too! Gnarly! I won!"

And so it is, their host enters the room.

15471733967_5ebbf78c4f_o.png

"Yes, it is over. You two are the lone survivors. I suppose it is best that town won this game, what with the hinky stuff on days four and five. Town might legitimately complained if scum won. At the very least, we can happily say that some of town was playing, and some of scum was playing, so it wasn't a cakewalk for either team. Congratulations!!

15658520922_390ce12e59_o.png

Congratulations Town! You win! Captain Settle, Cutcobra, Kintober, Jamesn, Scaevola, Mencot, Goliath, Mostly Technic, Stinky Dave, Lind Whisperer, Adventurer1, and Xenophobic, you were the winning team!

Thank you all around for your patience. I know there were some hiccups, and I know I lacked tact in places as I scrambled to keep things going, but overall, there were a lot of great things going on in this game, and I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of new players join the ranks of EB's mafia tradition!

I'll be doing a write up rating everyone, and give whatever feedback you want.

Anybody is free to post in this topic.

Night actions:

15471192759_965e873761_o.jpg

Player Ratings! I know everyone looks forward to this, and at this point, as a host I dread it. The main reason is this: if any of you have played with me, you know I get irritated with people not playing. I get mad sometimes. I get into mafia, and I think people who play apathetically make the game frustrating for those into it. So, to give feedback, that's where my head is at, but the key point is to be encouraging to all of you, to make you want to try this again! So, I need to choose my words carefully.

With that, let me state it up front: Captain Settle and Jluck played well, and everyone else was okay or worse. Keep in mind, that the best mafia players tend to play about 50% good games, but 25% good games may be more realistic. Those other games, you can be competent, but you're not hitting homeruns. You're simply participating well.

Also, I don't know most of you, so you were all a big blur from sign up to about day two.

Okay, so, person by person:

Captain Settle - Great game. I have to imagine you have some mafia experience, since you played quiet enough, didn't freak out when nominated for lynch like many other players did (which pushed them deeper in trouble), and you had a great scum killing record. Well done. Big pass.

Cutcobra - I don't know what you did. You showed up and commented, but really, you need to dig your teeth in more in the game. It was no surprise you lasted to the end. Pass, with reservations.

Kintober - Now, I gave you a bit of private advice about how to be the cop, and I think you went with it and consulted Settle, but I really don't know how you communicated. I am still baffled about you claiming cop. You could assume scum had a role cop, but they would just kill you if they knew you were the cop. So, that was a bad strategy, but you took the advice about getting in touch with the people you investigated, with the caveat that a godfather exists, so that means a lot. Not much of a mafia school if you don't take instruction. Pass.

Jamesn - I think you could have done it a lot better. Put up a much better fight on the day one lynch. Doctor is an overrated role, since it is usually effective only once per game, but claiming it with two hours left on the clock wasn't the best thing to do. I was a little disappointed that a vet played that way. N/A

Scaevola - I thought you played okay, but didn't have much time to do anything. Scum wanted you gone, and that's a good thing. Pass.

Mencot - I still think you have a very weird attitude to mafia right now. There's this massive confidence, but I think you're missing some fundamentals. Like, that last game, you investigated me (the godfather) and said you didn't think there was a godfather, despite it being the main role of scum. And the thing with Dave. Like, right from the start, I said to not lynch active players immediately, and Dave was one of the most active, actually talking game rather than doing any sort of role playing. So that just seemed the wrong direction to me. I know Jluck kept posting your lists to the scum board, and they were 30% right, but I didn't understand why they chose to kill you. It seemed like Jluck could have strung you along a little longer.

Goliath - You were much like Cutcobra. On day one, you were up to lynch, and cracked under the pressure (fair enough, especially early games can get your blood pumping and make your temper rise) but then after that, you became a lazy player. It was no surprise you lasted to the end. Pass, with reservations.

Mostly Technic - Taken out too early to make any judgment.

Stinky Dave - I thought you were doing great early on except for one point I disagreed with: you were against discussing mechanics (that was you, wasn't it?) In general, it's a way to get the ball rolling, and especially in a game like this where a lot of people had wacky ideas of the number of scum (three vs 16 town?!! What?! *huh* ), it was pretty necessary. That thing with Mencot was not good, as discussed on the Deadboard. Lying about evidence against another townie is a bad scene. In a proper game, that would have been auto-lynch for Mencot. Only the n00biness of this group prevented his lynch.

Lind Whisperer - I'm really on the fence about your participation. You were somewhat aggressive about how others were playing, but in numerous places, showed that you didn't fully grasp the rules. I think especially in your situation, you needed to be humble. Still have an opinion, but be nicer about it, especially when you're technically a n00b. I debated about explaining why mandatory voting was important, since I worried it may peg you as a townie, but it was an important thing to point out. You were voting with the bandwagon, and were not in any way obligated to do so! Just vote for anybody else, and you will no longer be part of the bandwagon. I've had disagreements on the phrase "throwing away your vote" in other games, since a vote for someone that definitely won't be lynched is a way to make an easy decision and not weigh in with the group (or push for a non-lynch). After that, you never joined the Deadboard, which would have been a place to figure out better ways to approach the game. You really should have spent a lot of time on the Deadboard. I encourage you to continue, but you need to take in a lot more strategy and concepts about the game. Pass, with major reservations.

Adventurer1 - Three scum? That was you, right? The rest of your play was okay.

Xenophobic - You should never have been lynched. You were up for lynch against Brickelodeon, and scum voted against you to save her. In fact, Jluck and Brickelodeon had been killed and came up scum. Did you bring that up when you were up for lynch? Nope. You, of anyone playing, should have been acutely aware of that, because you were town, and there was no lynch that day... You were town, and you just let them vote you out, no argument, just a "What can I do?" That was bad. Not a matter of failing to succeed, but failing to try. That is the key to this whole thing. Your effort. Fail. Please try again.

Pyrovisionary - You broke the rules twice, you were kicked out, you still haven't contacted me to apologise (not in a major, on your knees sort of thing, but a common mature adult, "Sorry, I <excuse>. My bad.). With that type of commitment and attitude, I would have reservations about passing you in future games. You'd have to show a major turnaround. This is not the worst kind of player, but it's pretty high on the host's list of people to avoid. Fail.

The Lazy Chicken - Honestly, you weren't doing great when you were pulled out. The part where you said, "People are saying I'm scum for not participating, so I'm participating," was not great strategy. You tried to defend yourself, and failed by posting photos of your PMs. The EB mafia rules may have to be rewritten because of you. I think you'll be three times as good a player three games from now. Trumpet King can be your big brother. As promised, N/A.

​Brickelodeon - You posted a lot of back ideas in thread. In a very early game, it is passable, but people won't put up for it in the future. You will get quickly lynched if you seriously want people to read into the pictures. But, you have real enthusiasm, so I think you'll be a great player in the future. Pass.

Richela - You were busy day one, then taken out early. I don't know your abilities, but I appreciated that you kept up with the game afterward. You seemed to have a good attitude. Pass, with reservations.

Lord Duvors - You were really active at one point and I had a favourable review of you, then dropped out and never defended yourself. And never took part on the Deadboard, that I remember. Pass, with reservations.

Stickfig - You had a weird strategy, posting vote tallies every time you posted. You were really scumming. I mentioned it already, but presenting info isn't enough. You need to make conclusions, whether wrong or right. It's not enough to look active. It is all fluff if that's all you do. Pass.

Jluck - You did good, Settle did better. Still think you should have strung Mencot along more.

The scum team on the whole took suggestions very well. They had a conflicting voting record, they were generally active. Jluck got busy with the PMs, and the rest of the team would be well-served to do so as well. The more you play town, the easier it gets to merge your town and scum game, and the harder you are to read.

Some of you may take umbrage at my results, and I can't help it. If you disagree, the best thing you can do is prove me wrong in the future.

Hopefully a proper game comes up soon. I have to dig into my comic work again for the next number of weeks, but if no game has popped up by December, I'll consider hosting another variable ability mafia game (like in Bloodbrick II), which is super fun for n00bs, since everyone gets a chance to have abilities.

Congrats to town and an especial congrats to those doing a hell of a job, Captain Settle :thumbup:.

Also thanks to Def for hosting this great school game, got again some new pointers and ideas how to play this game in the future.

Awesome :sweet:

Congrats to Captain Settle, and to Goliath - a coin toss (literally) separated the two of you!

Thanks to jluck and Speedy for all the patient instruction!

Well played all! I am thrilled with the way this game went so long, speedy you hosted a well balanced game and it worked out well. Settle, you played an incredible game. I hope you all just wet your appitite and plan on playing future games, because this was a fun group to play with.

a well balanced game

Small and simple! It's hard to go wrong if you stick to the fundamentals. It makes a less wacky game for those viewing, but the less random/more skill-based the roles are, the more the game is a matter of play as opposed to a lottery.

Well, I played this game mostly on the deadboard. Still awesome fun though, watching everyone flail around while we knew (a little bit) more than you, since we had the dead scum commenting and occasionally def would drop us a bit of info.

My scum-dar was really off for most of the days, but I am glad that my last day prediction (goliath was town, stickfig was scum) was correct. FYI, stick, I called you as scum based on your early voting. I posted on the deadboard, after jluck was shown to be scum:

Looking back at all the votes, starting from day 1…

jluck voted duvors on day 1, tying the votes between him and jamesn. So knowing jluck is scum and so was duvors, I’d expect a couple scum voting jamesn AFTER jluck to make sure the townie was lynched. So that would mean brick, chicken, and/or stick are suspect.

Day 2, jluck voted stickfig and it went nowhere.

Day 3, jluck was early vote on duvors. Then perhaps the bandwagon just got out of control in a hurry so they didn’t try to save duvors? Stick and settle both jumped on the bandwagon AFTER it was sealed, so that pings me on them as potential scum. I’m assuming pyro is town.

Day 4, jluck jumps in with chicken and stick in voting Xen instead of brick. So perhaps brick IS scum and he was protecting a buddy?

side note – even jluck got in on the scum miscounting, stating 4 scum in his quoted messages with mencot. Wondering how much of the quoted messages are true and how much he made up?

From all this, my current 2 lead suspects are stick and either settle or brick. I guess that’s 3 huh?

jluck, totally shocked when you turned up town. Good scum play!

And we all were massively shocked at some of the cluelessness going on. Granted, I was equally clueless in my first game, but hey, part of the fun of being a veteran is making fun of the new guys, right? :innocent: Like how EVEN AFTER the homework assignment to check what the proper scum/town ratio was, many of you KEPT thinking there were only 4 scum. And things like this helped the scum hide. Like stickfig claiming on day 6 at the very beginning not to know if chicken was town or scum. Like scum reinforcing the wrong number of scum.

Oh, and massive props to Captain for some awesome vig work. I made the argument on the deadboard that I was a 100% accurate vig on Red Menace, for the first night :) After that I sucked and killed town after town. Your reads here were way better than mine. Although you were almost TOO quiet during the game - if I'd been around I would have been pushing for a lynch on you at times. Curious: how much did the town roles get together and communicate? Kintober obviously got a couple town reads, but dunno how much happened behind the scenes with that.

Speaking of - Kintober, why'd you claim publicly when you did? Seems like it got you killed without accomplishing much.

Awesome game! :grin:

Thanks Speedy for hosting a great game. To all my fellow players I look forward to future games with you. This was a fun learning experience and I have definitely learned a lot.

Congratulations Captain Settle! Cutcobra and Goliath, you kept me guessing and Stickfig I never really suspected you. :classic:

Speaking of - Kintober, why'd you claim publicly when you did? Seems like it got you killed without accomplishing much.

I said it on the dead boards, but it was mainly to keep suspicion off of Settle and get Brickelodeon lynched. I was sure she was the blocker and the only reason I was blocked was because I tapped a nerve with the scum. It probably wasn't the smartest play, but it seems to have kept our vig alive, since I eventually PMed both Adventurer1 and Settle in private before Adventurer1's death.

Thanks for the game, def! I had a lot of fun! :thumbup:

Also, is double-posting against the rules in Mafia? I was going to defend myself on day six, but I had posted the last response there and didn't want to make another post until somebody else had, which contributed to my demise.

Edited by Xenophobic Monoxide

Dang it Settle, why must you wreck us so badly? You did an incredible job, and the town owes this victory majorly to you.

I'd never played mafia before until this game, and I think I've caught the bug for the time being, cause' I'm signing up for the next one. Thanks for playing with me guys, it was a blast! I feel like I had a major handicap on me because I’d never played town before, and I didn't know what the difference between town and scum behavior was. I kind of just made a shot in the dark with a lot of my posts, Def helped a lot too.

Also, is double-posting against the rules in Mafia? I was going to defend myself on day six, but I had posted the last response there and didn't want to make another post until somebody else had, which contributed to my demise.

Not at all, post away! If your posts are close enough together in time, the system will merge them into one post (without it being marked as edited, so you don't get penalties for that, don't worry!) and if it's been longer it just shows as two posts. And that's fine. More important to say what you need to say!

jluck, you were amazing!

Settle, Dang you were so accurate.

Congratulations Town!

By the time I understood what to do, I was dead. I have learned to read a lot of games before I join one.

jluck, you were amazing!

Settle, Dang you were so accurate.

Congratulations Town!

By the time I understood what to do, I was dead. I have learned to read a lot of games before I join one.

Haha thanks. I'm worried that I'll be considered suspicious everytime I play from here on out even if I am town, because of how I played this game! :wink: Every game is a little different and you learn a ton each time. Here's one thing I've really picked up on, most scumy actions come from town. I goos scum player will not act scummy at all, because they are playing too calculated. The key is to watch voting records and examine the prior days, because once affiliations are revealed it becomes very difficult to hide.

Thanks to all, it was fun. I've definitely learned quite a lot...

So I was the the second vig kill? Interesting. What about me stood out as a likely target? (I have a few ideas, but I'd like to hear what exactly it was in specific...)

Any ideas on when we'll find out who passed?

First things first; I would like to apologize to Mencot for trying to have him lynched and making false claims, I was upset that he was going for me and had very little time to come up with something so I half-assed it and it was the wrong thing to do! Sorry

The game was both fun and frustrating to play and watch but I'm really pleased that the new players gave it, for the most part, their all and I think we may have found ourselves a few more players for future game. I was particularly impressed by the quality of the assessment and observations made by newer players!

Good job to the vig! We're the kills warranted through investigation or were they guesses!?

Congratulations town (majorly, Captain Settle)! I really liked this game but my scumdar was really off so I'm thinking I'll play another Mafia School game next time.

Good game guys, good game. I am surprised I made it to the finally, despite being killed on the last night, but that was quite the journey. I'm also surprised at the roles everyone had because we lynched jamesn who was actually the Doctor, whoops! :blush:

Overall, this was fun and I really do want to participate in more of these. Though, I originally thought it would be something like this but this was more different than expected in certain ways.

I actually am considering on hosting one myself, since I like storytelling and am not the best "actor". I would base mine around Town of Salem but different genres. So how could I host one and do I have to have qualifications to?

First things first; I would like to apologize to Mencot for trying to have him lynched and making false claims, I was upset that he was going for me and had very little time to come up with something so I half-assed it and it was the wrong thing to do! Sorry

It is Okay (not ok-ey), I also have to apologize back for being one of the biggest drivers for your lynch.

Was all that I had visited you at night made up, Or did someone tell you that?

It was too late to save you when I realized that you probably were town but you play pretty stubborn. :sweet:

Good job everyone, especially Captain Settle for his very sage targets,excellent job :thumbup:

It was a shame being killed so soon but I'm glad it contributed to the lynch of Duvors and to throw suspicion on Brick.

Also thank you Speedy for hosting this (especially with another school having been so close in proximity :classic: )

Any ideas on when we'll find out who passed?

When I have time to sit down and go throw everyone's play. Later tonight (aka 15 plus hours from now).

I actually am considering on hosting one myself, since I like storytelling and am not the best "actor". I would base mine around Town of Salem but different genres. So how could I host one and do I have to have qualifications to?

Well, you should have a number of games under your belt before you host. There is no firm number, but I would say at least five. Even then (I think I had about seven here and elsewhere), first games have a 70% chance of becoming fiascoes.

first games have a 70% chance of becoming fiascoes.

70% egh?! :laugh: Seems as good of a number as any :classic: But I do agree, play several times before hosting, it lets you see possible complications and other more unique roles. In red menace mafia there were riddles that unlocked unique roles as well as a traitor 3rd party, those types of roles need to be experienced to be understood and utilized.

If you play enough, then host, it'll be a great experience for all, including yourself.

Hosting is tough. :blush: Play lots of games first!

Great game, Speedy (whoever the hell that is :look: ). I enjoyed following along, and seeing your hand make a cameo! It was a classic Dr. def sort of set up and story! Well played to lots of new comers - I only followed along on the sidelines. Stickfig vibes scum pretty clearly to me on the last few days, but he's one of the players I was keeping an eye on because I know him, so maybe it was just me. Glad to see Mafia still kicking around! :thumbup: When I have time on my plate I'd love to return to it one day.

Sign in to follow this