Bob De Quatre

AG - M.A.N.T.I.S. Training Camp

Welcome Jayce. We look forward to your first mission. You will be granted access to the MANTIS HQ shortly.

Welcome, Jayce!

Already posted in the introduction thread, but wanted to add my sign-up here, but Jayce Mikrobricks reporting for duty as a M.A.N.T.I.S. pilot. Looking forward to getting some builds together for the glory of M.A.N.T.I.S.

28321089452_28d9033b5a_z.jpgJayce Mikrobricks by MikroBricks, on Flickr

Looks like mafia-style...

the pearl necklace is your grandma's ?

:grin:

Edited by Professor Thaum

Already posted in the introduction thread, but wanted to add my sign-up here, but Jayce Mikrobricks reporting for duty as a M.A.N.T.I.S. pilot. Looking forward to getting some builds together for the glory of M.A.N.T.I.S.

28321089452_28d9033b5a_z.jpgJayce Mikrobricks by MikroBricks, on Flickr

Welcome to M.A.N.T.I.S Jayce. Make sure you stop by the chow hall and get the larvae before they are all gone!

Hey fellow MANTIS members, Agent Echo signing up as Special Forces.

28601311506_c83c6bf1e5.jpg

Welcome Special Forces Agent Echo! The Council Of Five has determined that you are ready for your security clearance and thus will now be able to access the private communications center.

Welcome MikroBricks and Echo Fox to the mysterious, sinister, covert and occasionally slightly bizarre world of MANTIS.

Hey, all. Out of curiosity, would it be possible for you to insert some kind of tag to the Spider Web story for ease of rereading? Considering that the "Builds" segment of the Players and Planets post only gets updated now and then, it'd be a lot easier to merely click a tag to find all story builds than sifting back through build backlogs. :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Hey, all. Out of curiosity, would it be possible for you to insert some kind of tag to the Spider Web story for ease of rereading? Considering that the "Builds" segment of the Players and Planets post only gets updated now and then, it'd be a lot easier to merely click a tag to find all story builds than sifting back through build backlogs. :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

That would be helpful, even I can't keep track of them all, and I'm in MANTIS. :laugh: I know that my part of the story starts at chapter VIII, but not many other players catalogue their stories. :sceptic:

I'll try to go back through and do this for everyone's if I get time, but it's trickier than it sounds - there are some builds where drawing attention to the fact they're related might be a spoiler :wink:

Edited by Big Sal

You don't have to tag all the back story stuff. I'm sure that'll be linked in by players as it becomes relevant. Ie: for my Invasive Species storyarc, "Catching-Up With Odus Dillberg" is not tagged as part of the main story, even though it sets the stage for the events that unfold.

So, You don't have to tag all of Spacersteve's old builds. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Give them two different tags then (Like spider and web) and players can choose which parts they want to read (or can go back to the web stories later)

Give them two different tags then (Like spider and web) and players can choose which parts they want to read (or can go back to the web stories later)

Good idea. And I'd recommend going with S.P.I.D.E.R. instead of spider, just so you don't run up against all the people outside AG who build Lego Spiders. :wink: that's why Octan occasionally uses the tag "Octancorp" here.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

(out-of-role comment) Did you come up with the planet on your own, or are there pre-set types of planets to explore? It's all very cool! (to the person who made the base on the magma-filled planet)

Edited by Brykster

5 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

@Brykster Check out the galaxy map for all the Planets in Andromeda.

The world is back in balance, because the last post of this thread is no longer by pombe. :sweet:

And the artist responsible for the opening MOCs for MANTIS (which I assume you're referring to) is LadyK, by the way. 

~Insectoid Aristocrat 

Attention all MANTIS Personell. We interrupt your regularly scheduled MANTelevision program for this important message from CEO SpacerSteve from the reactor-side lounge.

30074826900_c5abbb92a2_b.jpg

S- Greeting MANTIS emloyees.

Look at the camera not the blaster!

30074822850_a86109ea52_b.jpg

29741272374_a28a339920_t.jpg - Anyway...As you all know Big Sal has been busy working on an employee weaponization project in seclusion. An Octan spy posing as Big Sal has infiltrated Sal Labs with help of Chief accountant Long. The two have escaped in a top secret MANTIS ship. The two are considered armed and dangerous. The Council of Five has placed a bounty on the both of them. 20 credits alive and 50 credits dead. The spy will insist that he is the real Big Sal. Don't believe him no matter how convincing he is.

Remember shoot first and don't ask questions! Goodnight.....

13 hours ago, SpacerSteve said:

20 credits alive and 50 credits dead.

What?! 20 credits? That's like a weeks salary. SPIDER MANTIS must be very cheap