Bob De Quatre

AG - Kawashita Group Dojo

/// N.K. Marcus Transmission [from] Orinshi CO9E2 Colony [of] Central Bay ///

Corporate friends, unfortunately I heard I'd be stuck on Orinshi for a few weeks. They're transferring me to medical bay next week for surgery and I should get my new robotic legs in 3 or 4 weeks (isn't that great?). Then I should be good to go, wherever I have to go...

I enrolled in Andromeda's GATE as a simple pilot, taking this great opportunity to get back into the world. But on Earth I was a military drone programmer for Kawashita (until the... Drone Incident...). Even though I can't do much right now, I thought I could make myself useful and I decided to run some calculations on the colony's available STRATEGO PROGRAM droids. They came in with logical travelling itineraries that could benefit KG:

siN8ida.png

Analyzing the data, Commander Turtle was right on the Outer Ring theory. It seems that if we send a team to the Red line through Marden, we could easily reach and dominate Wastyria (which would reward us with 750 Water) and get closer to the Mithril. But I suggest we shouldn't get too far and concentrate our efforts on the closer Onix by following the Green line. Meanwhile, we could send another team on the Blue line with the objective to reach Guinevere and harvest the precious gold. While Blue line is not the shortest route, it would allow us to dominate Sorn (500 Awesomnium reward) and Lesser Direstan (500 Water reward) on the way.

In total - by following the 3 itineraries - we would land on at least 4 Awesomnium sources, 4 Water sources and 3 Biomass sources + gold and copper sources - dominating 7 planets in the process, making it a balanced and maximized exploitation. We would also have access to 13 untouched planets, taking solid control over our sector. The strategy is indeed dangerous: reports show intense predatorial aliens on Onix and Wastyria, and we could make ennemies out of Octan Corp. who could attempt to take over Farmolis and move quickly to Wastyria and beyond. Octan's moves could very well change everything, as STRATEGO doesn't take corporations and trades in account for its calculations.

I also suggest that we invest on technologies for Alien communication, as it seems that getting the aliens on our side could stop a lot of undesired problems. Terraforming also seems to be a very useful technology... But it's still very early to make such assumptions. I apologize for this.

What do you all think of STRATEGO's prediction? Do you see any bug or illogical calculation?

Legend for STRATEGO's starmap:

Red line: path to Wastyria (750W) Green line: path to Onix (750B+C) Blue Line: path to Guinevere (750B+G)

A: Awesominum / W: Water / B: Biomass / G: Gold (exclusive) / C: Copper (exclusive)

Gold star: Rare resources planets - Stratego priority

Red circle: Accessible planets from the 3 Lines

Purple diamond: Strategic planets to look forward to

** Planets with rewards written over should be dominated to get said rewards, which are around the biggest we can find for each resource**

Thank you everyone,

May Kawashita bring fortune

/// End of Transmission ///

Edited by Niloc

First of all, welcome Niloc and Graham, it seems we grow nicely and the two of you are welcome additions to Kawashita.

@Niloc: what a great analysis, unfortunately the map is hacked or scrambled couse I cant see it. But when all data is available I will take your recommandations to my team.

Congrats on the first two Kawashita discoveries. Today I will finish my own survey and will share this. Godspeed the next couple of days. I'll check in regurlarly.

Mine's posted now.

On a side note, does anyone want to do a collaborative story with me (or anyone else), like Goatman, BEAVeR, LucasLaughing and I did or like Disco and Markus in SoNE? That was quite fun linking our builds together.

Edited by Lord Tyrus

Feels like I'm a bit late to the party, but Engineer AC here reporting in. Me and my construction team are following Mister S to Serium and, using initial data relayed from him, will hopefully have something up soon. Will report in again as soon as I can.

Better late than never, on the other hand. We didnt even get started properly, so welcome in.

So I went to Serium for my first mission together with my trustworthy Fey... it was a success, Awesomnium rich and harmless creatures... let the miners come.

17772189095_6a0afa7aeb_m.jpg

Tyrus, you are welcome aboard the Collition (which will be a longterm WIP), we fly to a system with this flagship to send out explorers, scientists and scouts to examine a planet before the corporation settles it.

The builds are great so far!

On a side note, does anyone want to do a collaborative story with me (or anyone else), like Goatman, BEAVeR, LucasLaughing and I did or like Disco and Markus in SoNE? That was quite fun linking our builds together.

I'd be open to do a collaborative story, if you are still looking for people. Though, my first one wasn't that great as I ran out of time...

~Beltar

Wilhelm reporting in!

Rned6XF.png

OoC: For the special forces, are there different "squads" and how does one become a higher rank rather than a Private or something?

Engineer AC reporting in to say that the first Navigation and Comms Beacon has been constructed on Serium. This will be an important feature to start with due to the lack of landmarks across the vast areas of water.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109553

(OoC: My photography isn't the best and hopefully my building will improve, but I think it's a good start. Really need to sort out my Lego I think. I know I've got some parts I planned on using somewhere...)

About the story, I was thinking 3 or 4 of us max, and rather than just being a 'squad' type, I was thinking about doing a deeper plot. I like stories! :classic:

Count me in, I love story writing. Could you make a Group PM, I think Mike S will join as well. The Collition, will be a fine base where we can start. A flagship where we can operate from and create stories in every corner of AG.

Koro is here for all the Special Operations (ninja stuff!) needs:

17598276360_a0f4937df7_n.jpg

Some Background:

Koro's body is almost 90% artificial. Only his central nervous system and brain are still more or less organic. His body makes him faster, stronger, and more resilient than humans but also needs routine maintenance with proprietary hardware, firmware, and upgrades only available through Kawashita. Effectively, this gives Kawashita copyright and ownership privileges of most cyborgs who have legally acquired their technology. This is part of the reason why so many cyborgs serve in Kawashita's various departments and programs. For some, this is seen as an oppressive and intrusive exploitation of amputees and people with degenerative illnesses, allowing Kawashita to create for itself a selection of indentured servants. However, Koro believes that he owes Kawashita a debt of service as a matter of honor.

Koro may do serious work, but he's not a very serious guy. He may be just deflecting or hiding behind sarcasm and sassy jokes, but it's noteworthy that the seriousness of his job and role in Kawashita don't fully define his personality. That said, he has a hard time making friends because his job makes it hard to trust him. His skills and moral flexibility, more so than his cyborg body, make him an ideal candidate for one of Kawashita's many Black Book projects. His work is primarily espionage, but he is also frequently loaned out to other projects and operations, usually under the title of "Consultant". Usually, these jobs are security-related, but he is frequently tasked with spying on the company's... less loyal employees.

Edited by mccoyed

Welcome Koro,

Fantastic back story, great fig... Proud to add you to our team.

Arigato, Narbilu-sama.

I am currently in pursuit of a scientist accused of selling secrets to the Octan. Do I have a kill order?

Everything to keep our corporate secrets and knowlegde out of the hands of competition... Approved

About the story, I was thinking 3 or 4 of us max, and rather than just being a 'squad' type, I was thinking about doing a deeper plot. I like stories! :classic:

In case anyone missed it, the flickr group is up here: https://www.flickr.c...s/2799663@N24/.

Count me in, I love story writing. Could you make a Group PM, I think Mike S will join as well. The Collition, will be a fine base where we can start. A flagship where we can operate from and create stories in every corner of AG.

I like writing stories as well so count me in if you'd like! :classic:

I might be able to make a build in a few days. What can I do as a driver, and where am I allowed to build? For example, if I go to Serium and I want to build a cool car, what can I use that for? And how does the whole accumulating resources thing work? I thought the Driver job sounded cool, but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do, since most other jobs seem to involve a lot of driving as well.

Edit: Okay, read up on it. Serium doesn't sound like an ideal place for land type vehicles. Am I allowed to make a build where my character transports awesomnium in his vehicle to, say, the space-ship? And how to portray said awesomnium in a build?

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

I might be able to make a build in a few days. What can I do as a driver, and where am I allowed to build? For example, if I go to Serium and I want to build a cool car, what can I use that for? And how does the whole accumulating resources thing work? I thought the Driver job sounded cool, but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do, since most other jobs seem to involve a lot of driving as well.

Edit: Okay, read up on it. Serium doesn't sound like an ideal place for land type vehicles. Am I allowed to make a build where my character transports awesomnium in his vehicle to, say, the space-ship? And how to portray said awesomnium in a build?

For being a driver, driving resources to a spaceship, driving a hovercraft over water, or driving another type of ship. To portray awesomnium in a build, I'd suggest using random purple parts, if you got some pick-a-brick parts from a couple months ago, you'd have a good start.

//Transmission to Headquarters://Identification:Agent Beltar, Rank: Classified, Age: Unkown, Position: Special Forces//:

I've picked up a strange signal on Magrathea, do I have permission to identify it's source? Looks to be relatively old, and PauL keeps saying,"Don't forget the rats!" Personally, I don't believe the rats on Magrathea are intelligent, but he keeps insisting they are. Shall I set course? Or should we continue to proceed exploring Serium and the Hamilton Belt?

//End Transmission//ID:Beltar,R: Classified,A: XX, Pos.: SF//:

~Beltar

(If you've read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, you know the significance of rats and Magrathea.)

That makes 4. We should probably stick with 4 for now I think. I'll see if I can set up a group pm.

I don't see the need to limit it to 4... I think how AC_ worked Narbilu's and my characters into his story is a perfect example how cooperative builds should work.

//Transmission to Headquarters://Identification:Agent Beltar, Rank: Classified, Age: Unkown, Position: Special Forces//:

I've picked up a strange signal on Magrathea, do I have permission to identify it's source? Looks to be relatively old, and PauL keeps saying,"Don't forget the rats!" Personally, I don't believe the rats on Magrathea are intelligent, but he keeps insisting they are. Shall I set course? Or should we continue to proceed exploring Serium and the Hamilton Belt?

//End Transmission//ID:Beltar,R: Classified,A: XX, Pos.: SF//:

//Transmission to Agent Beltar://Identification:Mister S://Location:Serium//

Kawashita Command agrees we should concentrate our efforts on Serium and Hamilton Belt at present. If any questions, please contact me via Private Messenger.

//End Transmission//ID:Mister S,R: Classified,A: XX, Loc.:Serium:

If you don't want to build water vehicles, then Hamilton Belt probably provides a bit more vehicle opportunity. However, Driver is a very broad category... so you could even build a futuristic forklift that operates on one of the floating platforms on Serium.

Edited by Mike S