Bob De Quatre

AG - Octan Corporation Meeting Room

Salutations.

Agent Corvo Wingtips, gentleman mercenary, at your service. I have been recruited by the Octan Corporation's Special Forces for my, ahem, talents. The receptionist outside was quite cold to my charms so I am not sure if I need to show my resume but I will be doing it anyway because, well, who doesn't want to hear of my countless, ehrm, seven exploits?

1. Won my first duel at the age of fifteen against M.A.N.T.I.S. Commander Rathbrick.

2. Destabilized an alien government by spreading false information about the senate's involvement in gambling hall constructions.

3. Kidnapped three alien princesses.

4. Rescued three alien princesses.

5. Seduced three alien princesses.

6. Escaped a maximum security penitentiary with only a toothpick and a deck of playing cards.

7. Stole classified documents from Octan HQ...and was caught. Given the choice between execution or working as their agent to pay off my debt, the latter is far more preferable.

Well, I will be working with Octan indefinitely or until a higher bidder comes along. I would say 'see you soon' but if you did, I wouldn't be doing my job correctly. Toodle-loo!

19531316628_1fe311d028_q.jpgAG_SIGFIG_3 by Brandon Dong, on Flickr

Edited by Corvo Wingtips

Seems like a good time to post this.

@Bob - If you can anchor this to the first page, I'd appreciate it.

ATTENTION NEW RECRUITS:

We're glad to see your interest in AG and Octan, in particular. Because of the large number of posts to the various threads and the evolution of the game over time, we wanted to post a general welcome and introduction to Octan.

Generally, this forum is a great place to post interesting landscape builds of any type of terrain that you want. Octan builders worked very hard from day one to procure as much territory on the AG Map that it could so that our builders would have the best options for building. As of Week 8, we have the ability to control, defend, and build on 27 unique planets, all of which are ready for you to define, embellish, and develop using your own techniques, story, and characters.

It is also a great place to exhibit your spaceships, starfighters, cargo ships, mechs, walkers, or any kind of sci-fi vehicle you can dream up. Octan accent colors are white, red, and green, but not everything you build has to be for the corporation (there are aliens, pirates, and competing corporations too). Light blue grey is also a great base for a vehicle that greebles and photographs very well against our colors.

Do not feel overwhelmed by the prospects of having to post a weekly build. As Octan transitions from a exploration/domination phase into a development plan, we are going to be much less focused on coordinated domination of specific planets, and more focused on individual development and a more relaxed pace of building. Basically, we'd love for you to build with us whether you post one build, a build every week, or a build whenever the heck you feel like it. In Octan, You define your story, You choose your planets, You choose what to build, and You choose when to build (No Exceptions).

We are just beginning to explore what we can do with this little universe. Our builders are active and ready to help you develop your ideas, introduce new building techniques, critique works-in-progress, and help with photography and photo editing. Our goal is to develop great builders, encourage rich stories and interesting builds, and have fun. PM Dannylonglegs, Wicknole, myself, or any of our active builders for any questions or concerns you might have. We're looking forward to building with you.

- Pilot John Hannibal (goatman461)

Salutations.

Agent Corvo Wingtips, gentleman mercenary, at your service. I have been recruited by the Octan Corporation's Special Forces for my, ahem, talents. The receptionist outside was quite cold to my charms so I am not sure if I need to show my resume but I will be doing it anyway because, well, who doesn't want to hear of my countless, ehrm, seven exploits?

1. Won my first duel at the age of fifteen against M.A.N.T.I.S. Commander Rathbrick.

2. Destabilized an alien government by spreading false information about the senate's involvement in gambling hall constructions.

3. Kidnapped three alien princesses.

4. Rescued three alien princesses.

5. Seduced three alien princesses.

6. Escaped a maximum security penitentiary with only a toothpick and a deck of playing cards.

7. Stole classified documents from Octan HQ...and was caught. Given the choice between execution or working as their agent to pay off my debt, the latter is far more preferable.

Well, I will be working with Octan indefinitely or until a higher bidder comes along. I would say 'see you soon' but if you did, I wouldn't be doing my job correctly. Toodle-loo!

19531316628_1fe311d028_q.jpgAG_SIGFIG_3 by Brandon Dong, on Flickr

Welcome to Octan! Glad to finally see another Special Forces here, I've been the only one for a while!

16369159561_406cc752c4.jpg

"To all Octan Corporation Employees. Our long range sensors have detected a large number of unknown vessels heading toward Farmolis. We must be ready to great them when they'll reach our borders, and to this end it was decided that all our engineers and all capable members of Octan need to start building a fleet."

Alright Lord Business! :wink:

And welcome to Octan, Corvo Wingtips! :classic:

"I, Dr. Danielle Long, would like to donate my 50 credits to Bob. Due to reports of Unknown Vessels (the identification of which, the good folks at the O.C.S. Axle are working hard to accomplish), I feel as though my credits will be better used in the company's common pool. We may need them in the efforts of raising our fleet, after all...

Furthermore I would like to extend a warm welcome to our newest addition to the Special Forces, Corvo Wingtips. Octan has far fewer espionage agents, due to our patented "Niceness." but we are certainly in need of as many as we can hire! Please sign these documents, and next of kin papers..."

~Dr. Long

Furthermore I would like to extend a warm welcome to our newest addition to the Special Forces, Corvo Wingtips. Octan has far fewer espionage agents, due to our patented "Niceness." â„¢ but we are certainly in need of as many as we can hire! Please sign these documents, and next of kin papers..."

~Dr. Long

Thank you for your welcome, I will file the necessary documents. I will make sure that my actions do not reflect poorly on the company. If Octan needs any specific act of sabotage, espionage, assassination, or alien seduction please let me know.

Welcome to Octan! Glad to finally see another Special Forces here, I've been the only one for a while!

Could you provide a 100x100 pixels avatar so I can add you to the players index, thanks.

Open channel message #014 to Octan Corporation.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I would like to transfer 49 credits to Bob of Quatrian.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

End of message #014.

Hm... checking resources again.

Bob, I'm seeing 350 extra Biomass (the data shows 850, and my calculations show 500 - the difference is suspiciously similar to a planet domination bonus). Could you please check?