Bob De Quatre

AG - Octan Corporation Meeting Room

You can build on Farmolis of course.

Edit: Dannylonglegs was faster and far more complete... must be because of the long legs...

Open channel message #001 to Octan Corpotarion.

(edited)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

All right.

As we have the team ready and growing, I'd offer to discuss the current status and initial development.

As building options are yet limited, the offer is to concentrate on maximum two planets in the beginning - choosing the ones which will provide larger variety of both resources and terrain types (hence building variety).

Current options:

Homeworld
- H06 - Farmolis /
oceans, grassy plains
/ provides
Awesomnium

G05 - Zimunsk /
rocks, mountains
/ provides
Water
+ access to
Biomass x3
/ access to
jungle, islands, plains, mountains, oceans, deserts, shifting oceans

H05 - Livgorn / swamps, jungle / provides
Awesomnium
+ access to
Biomass
x2
/ access to
plains, mountains, oceans, lava, rocks
+
way towards Mithril

G07 - Hennigan II /
forest, grass plains
/ provides
Water
+ access to
Biomass
x2
Awesomnium
/ access to
deserts, shifting oceans, arid deserts, asteroids

H07 - Quantus III
/ mountains, forests, oceans / provides
Awesomnium
+ access to
Biomass
Awesomnium
/ access to
lava, rocks,
asteroids
+
way towards Copper

G05 exploration provides access to water (one of out two sources on 2-gate-radius) largest terrain variety (almost every possible type) + huge Biomass excavation possibilities.

H05 exploration - similar to G05 opportunities, but less terrain types (no deserts). However, this planed is the first step to "outer belt" planets and, ultimately, Mithril.

G07 - largest resources variety (one of out two sources on 2-gate-radius) and way towards large water deposits later on; majority of terrain types (all but rocks).

H07 - similar to H05 with even less resource and terrain variety, but later on can be used as the way to Copper. Another positive aspect to concider - Awesomnium deposits on H07 and nearby asteroid belt.

We have already started exploring G05 and H05. In my opinion, G05 was a perfect choice, H07 being not so positive on the second thought. I'd probably chosen G07 instead. But what is done - is done.

However
, as the first explorations had already started, I'd rather not disperse our activities during the first week. Let's see what we will achieve together on these two and then we'll be able to decide how many more builds are needed to get control of the planets (I hope, however, that we'll be able to grasp at least one already,
if we concentrate
).
:classic:

As for the tech tree - the first six technologies with bonuses are the following (all of them require
three nodes
):

- Ground Tactics - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water / 800 or 900 biomass = extra domination point for corporation (+1) when building a vehicle + further
military
development (later - Mithril dependancy)

- Naturalist's Training - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra resource for corporation (+10) when building an exploration action + way to Alien communication and more resources (later - Gold dependancy)

- Awesomnuim foundry - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra resource for corporation (+10) when building a civil building + way to more bonuses on vehicles (later - Copper dependancy)

- Battlefield research - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra resource for corporation (+10) when building a military building

- Prospecting - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra resource for corporation (+10) when gaining any resource

- Spaceship Mastery - 3.300 awesomnuim / 800 or 900 water/ 800 or 900 biomass = extra domination point for corporation (+1) when building a spaceship

I'd rather go towards foundry first... but this needs more discussion. Let's see how the first week goes.

All TierOne technologies require 1.000+100+100 resources, therefore need constant inflow of Awesomnium anyway.

End of message #001.

Open channel message #002 to Octan Corpotarion.

Need secure channel.

End of message #002.

Edited by WickNole

I'm all confused. :tongue: Can someone just tell me which planet to put my biplane on? :laugh:

Seems like WhickNole got full access to the map and the tech tree.... :grin:

As for the tech tree - the first three technologies with bonuses are the following (all of them require four nodes):

In fact it's 3. The lines on the techs tree arent requirements but paths.

Need secure channel.

I'm working on it...

I'd offer either G05 or H05. :wink:

The choice between these two is all yours.

OR, if you can wait until Thursday - go to the one closest to being taken.

Seems like WhickNole got full access to the map and the tech tree.... :grin:

Sometimes I just can't restrain myself... :blush:

In fact it's 3. The lines on the techs tree aren't requirements but paths.

Oh...

I'm all confused. :tongue: Can someone just tell me which planet to put my biplane on? :laugh:

I'd suggest H05. It has the same gate to H04 (and therefore, a pathway to Mithril) as G05, but with the added bonus of a gate to I06, an outer ring planet, and a highly strategic asset.

I personally agree with Wick that we should have gotten started in the other direction to secure the pathway to Copper, since Kawashita seems like it's going to be a bigger threat than Mantis, but it is a bit late to divert forces this week. As long as we secure I06 next wave we should be off to a good start.

You can build on Farmolis of course.

Edit: Dannylonglegs was faster and far more complete... must be because of the long legs...

They are one of my most prominent features. :wink::tongue:

Hi all, I would like to give this a try, not a super builder like some, but this project seems like a challenge, and i see my self as an Octan sort of recruit. I work in the engineering field in robotics, so I think i can help there. I will post a picture of my avatar up as soon as I can get one I am happy with. All hail lord business :devil:

Hey everyone,

Glad to be part of the team and can't wait to start building!

First question to the team (this is my first time doing something like this, so forgive me if these questions are obvious): Is it smarter to send everyone to the same planet or to have teams of players with different tasks? I get wanting to race to the big planets, but we also want to expand our territory, which means all the planets around the homeworld must be ours as well. Should we have an alpha, beta, and delta teams, one racing to important targets,another expanding the territory around the homeworld, and a third that explores without final goal. Just asking the question to see what everyone thinks.

All Hail Lord Business and the Octan Group!

I went for H05 because the route to the mithril includes both water and biomass. If we feel that we need to get copper first, it'll just take 5 planets to get there (instead of the 4 it'd take to get to mithril first)

If you start building for a heavily treed area, it could represent either the jungles of H05 or the forests of H07, which will give us some flexibility while we get a secure channel up and decide on tactics. We're only invested with 2 builds on H05, so changing course won't be a huge problem.

We also need to discuss alliances with the other corporations, as this should heavily influence our route. Going for copper immediately could put us into open conflict with Kawashita very quickly, but MANTIS doesn't seem to threaten the mithril, much.

In the meantime, I'm working on a transport ship...

17796385446_7d322d3be8_n.jpgimage by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

This is just the cockpit and forward gunner seat. I hope y'all don't mind me posting WIPs from time to time. Many eyes (and brains) are better than one. I'm always open to suggestions

I work in the engineering field in robotics, so I think i can help there. I will post a picture of my avatar up as soon as I can get one I am happy with. All hail lord business :devil:

You chose the right corporation, colleague! (Also it's awesome that you're bringing your irl experience into your builds!) Hail Lord Business!

First question to the team (this is my first time doing something like this, so forgive me if these questions are obvious): Is it smarter to send everyone to the same planet or to have teams of players with different tasks?

All Hail Lord Business and the Octan Group!

I worry that we wouldn't have enough players to do that. It's probably better in the beginning to establish a foothold on strategic positions before we begin our more diverse expansion.

Hail Lord Business!

I went for H05 because the route to the mithril includes both water and biomass. If we feel that we need to get copper first, it'll just take 5 planets to get there (instead of the 4 it'd take to get to mithril first)

If you start building for a heavily treed area, it could represent either the jungles of H05 or the forests of H07, which will give us some flexibility while we get a secure channel up and decide on tactics. We're only invested with 2 builds on H05, so changing course won't be a huge problem.

We also need to discuss alliances with the other corporations, as this should heavily influence our route. Going for copper immediately could put us into open conflict with Kawashita very quickly, but MANTIS doesn't seem to threaten the mithril, much.

Ah! Diplomacy is always a sound business practice! I just question the forgoing of such a strategically sound location as I06. Even if we're friendly with Kawashita, that won't stop them from using the ring if they can. H05 is a good stepping stone.

Also, nice WIP!

Great news Boxerlego! I'll be deploying my water mining vehicle to Jen's Star in the next day or two, hopefully we'll soon be pumping gallons. Vivat Octan!

Excellent, Your mining vehicle will do wonders for expanding Octan Corp control of water here on Jen's Star. Vivat Octan!

Hi all, I would like to give this a try, not a super builder like some, but this project seems like a challenge, and i see my self as an Octan sort of recruit. I work in the engineering field in robotics, so I think i can help there. I will post a picture of my avatar up as soon as I can get one I am happy with. All hail lord business :devil:

Welcome to Octan Corp Engineer :classic: Make sure you post your Character information in the introduction and Bob will get you setup.

Hi there..

I will be joining the Octan Corporation as a Pilot - i will use the default avatar until i get my hands on some bricks..

16300905492_99b451a5ba_t.jpg

Pilot Jon Horsleben, reporting in...

I will mostly do digital builds, but hope to move over to real bricks..

-Jon

Welcome to Octan Corp Pilot Jon Horsleben :classic:

I am all for building on H05 to get to I06.

We have to hold a blocking position there to ensure we have some political leverage down the road to help trade with other corporations who cannot access the blocked resource.

I am all for building on H05 to get to I06.

We have to hold a blocking position there to ensure we have some political leverage down the road to help trade with other corporations who cannot access the blocked resource.

Agreed! Man, I wish we had a private channel in which to discuss strategy.

Octan lets no one get in there way... interfere and your facilities are liable to get blown up :devil:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109609

//This is Dr. Danielle Long. Who authorized the execution of the Livgorn sentient? The folks at Axle (the Scientific Research ship orbiting H05) will not be happy that you failed to bring it back alive for probing and disection. I hope you're at least going to file the requisite paperwork for a first encounter. *inaudible grumbling* Dr. Long out.//

:grin:

Nice job! We're solidifying our grasp on H05! :devil:

//This is Dr. Danielle Long. Who authorized the execution of the Livgorn sentient? The folks at Axle (the Scientific Research ship orbiting H05) will not be happy that you failed to bring it back alive for probing and disection. I hope you're at least going to file the requisite paperwork for a first encounter. *inaudible grumbling* Dr. Long out.//

:grin:

Nice job! We're solidifying our grasp on H05! :devil:

*static* Hello? Whoops, is this thing on? Ah yes it is! Sorry 'bout that Dr. Long, but he appeared armed and dangerous and I was trying to set an explosive. As the Special Forces motto goes, "Shoot first and ask questions later" I'll try to bring one back alive for you and your team on my next assignment. Now, how do you turn this %!@# thing off? *static*

Open channel message #003 to Octan Corpotarion.

I support the idea of having branches within the Corporation, each with different assignments,
but

With 30 domination points needed to take control on the planet, we need around 9-10 missions (first month will anyway be "race for sectors" with no direct contacts).

As there is (
yet
:classic:
), 18 members, at lest for the week #001 we are able to secure 2 sectors max, which is, however, tough. One secured zone is thus a more reasonable target.

Judging by already reported missions,
H05
(x4)
is a primary target anyway. We're almost a halfway there already.

But more to the point: the idea is to create an "Octan Exploration Team", which could provide around 20 domination points (i.e. we need 5-6 supporters for that). This team will have the common target each week, and others will be having a broader exploration choice.

End of message #003.

Edited by WickNole

So we are settled to build on H5? I'm already preparing my second entry :P Looks like i'll need to bricklink some Octan marked parts if i keep with this game :)

Hope that we'll control H05 by weekend and will move further.

So be prepared for rocky/mountainous terrain. Lava is highly possible. :classic:

I'm very busy as CEO, but it seems one of my responsability is to go and check on some of my collegues. It will give me the opportunity to pilot again, instead of doing all this paperwork! :classic:

***START TRANSMISSION to AXLE RESEARCH SHIP***

I have equipped the station with all kinds of tools to collect air, ground and flora samples. So this station will not only provide huge amounts of Awsomnium, but will also be of great value to Dr. Long and the other scientists on the Axle. At least I hope.

Big Z out.

***END TRANSMISSION to AXLE RESEARCH SHIP***

***TRANSMISSION to AXLE RESEARCH SHIP forwarded to DR. LONG, on H05***

//This is Dr. Long. Excellent work, Engineer! The research team commends you on your consideration of the scientific discoveries to be made! Any xenobiological sample you obtain will be analyzed post-haste by the brilliant minds aboard the Axle! Dr. Long out!//

++Start data transmission++

Explorer Pombe reporting in from H05.

.... After roughly 100 meters, I don't see any of the Awesomnium that Dr. Long was talking about. Maybe she's finally wrong for once?

Wait...hold on.

The sensors are picking up something. Let me focus the search lights.

Holy...

This has got to be the largest vein of Awesomnium I have ever seen of such high purity!

I guess I owe Dr. Long a drink when I return for doubting her....

***TRANSMISSION patched through AXLE***

// I'm always right. I'll be taking that drink when you get back... what was that bit at the end? You were breaking up. Remember, all exploration-related transmissions are stored at Axle. For science. So make them audible. Dr. Long out. //

:tongue:

Great looking builds Octan. I think we will need between 7-12 builds per planet (depending on how generous the judges are) to make sure we dominate it; so far we have 7 on H05. One or two more builds should solidify us on H05 this week if we can muster them.

For those that haven't posted a build yet - keep them flexible in case the judges award our points and we can move on to H04 [plains.mountains/large oceans], I06 [lava/rocks], or (if we're sure we have enough points to take H05 but have to wait on judging) go after H07 [mountains/forest/oceans]. Also, consider building scenes in space/orbit, so that they can take place above any of those planets. Weekly deadline is Friday at 0900 GMT

For those that have posted a build - thank you, and be patient, we have until the 28th to post new builds. That should be plenty of time for the judges to award points for H05 and for us to discuss our further strategy. My build is going to be something of a supply ship with security hanging out on the side of the ship if anybody wants to collaborate. I can't promise that I'll have your sigfig, but I'll try.

To clarify the scoring calendar, a week starts on friday 09:00 GMT and ends on the next friday 09:00 GMT, scores for the week are posted on the next monday 09:00 GMT (the time may vary as I'll do that at work :wink: ).