Bob De Quatre

AG - Octan Corporation Meeting Room

How could I see the TechTree properly?

I can see the map of technologies, but no description is available anywhere.

Hi there..

I will be joining the Octan Corporation as a Pilot - i will use the default avatar until i get my hands on some bricks..

16300905492_99b451a5ba_t.jpg

Pilot Jon Horsleben, reporting in...

I will mostly do digital builds, but hope to move over to real bricks..

-Jon

How could I see the TechTree properly?

I can see the map of technologies, but no description is available anywhere.

Nothing appear when you put your pointer over a technology?

That's strange... what browser are you using? And can you see description of the planets appears on the map?

It's Firefox 37.0.2.

No planets' descriptions either.

Tried Internet Exprorer as well. Nothing.

Edited by WickNole

It's Firefox 37.0.2.

I had the same problem until last night I tried Google Chrome. Everything in the dynamic map functions properly for me there.

It's Firefox 37.0.2.

That's strange, I must have messed up something in the last weeks after I ran compatibility tests... I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Octan Model T Utility Bot

Brief Technical information

Description: The Model T Utility Bot is a mobile construction compound capable of equipping a range of equipment to get the job done, from magnets to collect metals out of the rock rubble to grab arms that can do more then grab. Model T has a wide array of sensors that sever both as it ears and it eyes, it can detect sounds along with pin pointing that sound's origins combined with acoustic imaging so that it can map around corners and beyond walls and cliffs. Even though the Utility bot is design to be a mobile construction bot it can also sever well as a Sentry bot and can equip a good range of light and heavy armaments.

001_octan_model_t.png

Edit: Some of the Kawashita members have been pointing out that the outer ring is pretty valuable in terms of strategic locations. What do you guys think about that?

Hi there folks. I thought the same about the outer ring when I fırst looked at the map, but on looking again it's fewer lınks to get from Formolis to G02, G10 or either of the other teams' homeworlds without using the outer ring. I like the idea of focusing on getting to G02 or G10 first to strengthen our trading position.

Comrade Commander reporting to help lead Octan Corporation's scientific pursuits!

sci-fi_avatar.jpg

I say we aim to take the outer planet (I06) first to block any adversary approach...

Comrade Commander reporting to help lead Octan Corporation's scientific pursuits!

sci-fi_avatar.jpg

I say we aim to take the outer planet (I06) first to block any adversary approach...

Aha! A fellow sceintist! Excellent. Octan only hires the best and brightest! I look forward to working with you, colleague. Here's to peer-editing and safe lab practices!

Also I agree. I06 would be a crucial putpost.

004_sigfig.jpg Reporting back from Jen's Star with good news. This morning the Utility bot has reported that it acoustic sensors have pick up the activity of water somewhere in this cave. I'm going to scout the cave out further and put eyes on this water. I've sent out request to send down supplies for water extraction. Utility Bot over night has already cleared an area close to the cave for the acquisition of supplies. Edited by Boxerlego

"Introducing the Sc106 Drone. Designated for biological specimen collection and containment, this unmanned probe is perfect for my planned scientific research on planet H05, Livgorn. Typically the protocol would stipulate that I release this bad boy to investigate the area before I explore it personally, but I've already sent a few smaller drones. There appears to be no sign of hostile life in the designated area of research. I will be heading planet-side tomorrow or the following day, weather permitting."

17800286495_ff1a54b012.jpg

MOC to come soon. I lost the light today. (That picture is not the MOC, just a part of the set I got my torso from.)

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Hi guys! So I am researching my new prototype pumpstation and am thinking about where to test it. I'm getting mixed reports of Octan moving to H05 and I06. I think going one way with the whole team or the best part of the team will get us resources faster. What do you guys think?

004_sigfig.jpg Reporting back from Jen's Star with good news. This morning the Utility bot has reported that it acoustic sensors have pick up the activity of water somewhere in this cave. I'm going to scout the cave out further and put eyes on this water. I've sent out request to send down supplies for water extraction. Utility Bot over night has already cleared an area close to the cave for the acquisition of supplies.

Great news Boxerlego! I'll be deploying my water mining vehicle to Jen's Star in the next day or two, hopefully we'll soon be pumping gallons. Vivat Octan!

Hi guys! So I am researching my new prototype pumpstation and am thinking about where to test it. I'm getting mixed reports of Octan moving to H05 and I06. I think going one way with the whole team or the best part of the team will get us resources faster. What do you guys think?

Morning Zaael! Working together is certainly the way to go, and Octan members have already staked claims on both G05 & H05, so maybe go for one or other of those. We can't land on I06 until H05 is controlled, as it's 2 links away from Formolis. But most importantly, have fun!

Also, Where's everyone getting those swanky banners?

You can get it by clicking the "sigfig" link under you username in the player and planet index :)

PS i haven't entered the game yet (finding the time to take the pictures!) but i'll be Octan :)

Morning Zaael! Working together is certainly the way to go, and Octan members have already staked claims on both G05 & H05, so maybe go for one or other of those. We can't land on I06 until H05 is controlled, as it's 2 links away from Formolis. But most importantly, have fun!

Good point, will be looking into G05 and H05. Thanks!

I´ll try Chrome also.

Map and Techs tree should work on Firefox now, haven't tested in IE...

You can get it by clicking the "sigfig" link under you username in the player and planet index :)

PS i haven't entered the game yet (finding the time to take the pictures!) but i'll be Octan :)

alright! Thanks!

Also, excellent choice of corporation! All hail Lord business!

Good point, will be looking into G05 and H05. Thanks!

H05 is the more strategic location of the two, and we've been concentrating out numbers there, but both are perfectly acceptable. Hopefully, once we get a stronghold on H05, we can decide on which planet to fortify next; the ring world I06 or H04

A question: can i build for Farmolis, our homeworld? I would like to start the story there, before moving to anywhere you guys need. If i understood correctly there are no dominion points in the homeworlds to start with, so the build would not waste points..

A question: can i build for Farmolis, our homeworld? I would like to start the story there, before moving to anywhere you guys need. If i understood correctly there are no dominion points in the homeworlds to start with, so the build would not waste points..

You could; a member of Kawashita has done the same. There are no dominion points on Homeworld, so the Corporation will not get much strategic expansion from your build, but we will get Awesomnium as we would normally from an Awesomnium rewarding planet. Also, you will of course get credits towards your character.

~Insectoid Aristocrat