BJM

MOC Eisley Cantina UCS

Hello EB. I finally took the plunge and made my first ever adult MOC. I have been collecting SW Lego only since the Wampa was made and have not looked back, but I was disappointed with the Cantina. I really wanted to spend £200 on the Cantina rather than Ewok Village – but in the end I think I must have come close. My MOC is made of 3 Cantinas as well as the Lone Ranger Silver Mine and some more odd tan bricks.

The MOC itself is certainly not as sophisticated as some wild things I have seen on here like MUSTAFAR by Migalart. I was trying to go for a set that looked TLG produced, but it was pretty hard to contain things. I did also want to thank TheBear and Benisnow for inspiring me to my own Cantina MOC, and everyone who posts on here – especially posting images.

Finally, I have deliberately been a bit vague with the title of this thread (my first ever thread), as I would really like to see a thread grow just on the Cantina. Perhaps TheBear and Benisnow could add some updated pictures on your projects which were WIP. Also, could anyone suggest anything on adding the missing characters? Who could I use for the Tonika Twins and with what hair???

Thanks all. BJM (looking forward to feedback!)

15459943800_5a110f7836_c.jpgCantina by mrbjmmrbjm, on Flickr

15459342338_4362be5f0f_c.jpgCantina by mrbjmmrbjm, on Flickr

15645545395_676638b9f3_c.jpgCantina by mrbjmmrbjm, on Flickr

15458899679_50ec58f3bd_c.jpgCantina by mrbjmmrbjm, on Flickr

15646374412_2217cbed12_c.jpgCantina by mrbjmmrbjm, on Flickr

15621837736_8100e705c2_c.jpgCantina by mrbjmmrbjm, on Flickr

Holy-moly! I was thinking about doing something like this in the past days. I love this MOC and all those little details and scenes you managed to crowd into it. And crowded it is - but in a good and very appropriate way. I'd rather pay over 100 bucks for your creation than for the official set, even if it included only a teeny-weeny fraction of the minifigures you put in there.

The detail on the outside just crowns the attention to detail you put in the interior. This makes quite an entry into the realm of adult MOCs. I'm looking forward to more!

This is great! It has that jumbled feel that tatooine radiates. All the random angles look perfect. The minifigures are so cool! They look like they should be there! I really like the tantalizing look at the rest of tatooine. I also love that it can open up. I would really like to do something like this, but I don't have the funds or space :hmpf_bad: It would be cool if there was some booths behind the bar though.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Thats awesome and inspiring! Really captures the overall Cantina feel for its size and population.

Makes me wanna go out and buy another cantina set..

hey, whats a GOTG rocket doing there? :P

Stunning MOC. The attention to detail is great. I like the use of the lightsaber blades. Keep up the great work!

Great looking Cantina, but the thing that really took me by surprise?

The fact that you incorporated the unfolding aspect! That was awesome!

Fantastic!

I wish I had the money, time and creativity to do something like that. Well done!

That's really cool, you've done a great job both inside and out. All you need are a couple of Jawas sitting out the front to finish it off but, like me, you are probably waiting for the price of them to go down. I really like the way it all still folds out at that size, it makes a great playset and also good for photographing all the different sections at good angles.

Thanks for the mention, I am glad you found my thread useful. Unfortunately I haven't made much progress at all on mine but I haven't given up and will get there in the end.

Also, could anyone suggest anything on adding the missing characters? Who could I use for the Tonika Twins and with what hair???

The Tonika Twins are very difficult, I have not found any suitable hair piece. This is the best I have come up with so far:

cURTbWH.jpg

The hair is a string with studs on the ends twisted up. It kind of captures the top of the hair style but it still needs hair at the sides so it isn't that great. The face is Barriss Offee with the tattoo carefully removed with a pencil eraser. Dark blue torso and tan hands. Ideally the torso should have a custom decal on it. Of course the other sister is in green, and her face should have green lips but there are no suitable faces for her that I have found.

Here are a few more of the obscure characters from the movie that I've done:

ezAqJMA.jpg

1. Ariq Joanson

2. Lirin Car'n

3. BoShek

4. Cantina Dude

5. Leesub Sirin

6. Yerka Mig

7. Hrcheck Kal Fas / Sai'torr Kal Fas (their heads should be tan, but that's the closest we've got)

You could also make the two Duros with this head.

Ridiculously epic! As mentioned, it looks even better with the bar fully packed. That's a great way to display so many minifigures in a recognizable setting. I also like the small vehicles around it.

Really nice job on the cantina. I especially like that you have it able to fold up, just as the actual set.

What did you do to your pictures by the way? They look like they are very quickly sloppy photoshopped. It is okay to show the cloth beneath, I'd rather have that then some cut off bricks. That's why I like your last picture best.

Really great MOC of the Cantina.

I actually bought a second one in a sale to give me a fighting chance of putting something larger together... maybe nothing this size but at least something with a full band.

This looks great though and the vibrancy of the Cantina is really captured here... although it actually looks like a fun place to drink as opposed to the den of iniquity that it was in ANH.

With regards to the comment on the photoshop work I'd have to agree... just leave the white cloth showing. You can always take up the brightness and contract or just select the white areas and do the same to 'bleach' them out a bit.

I wouldn't let those kind of things detract from displaying such a good looking build.

Oh my god,

Have you a ldd file to share with us ?

I have this idea too , and for that i have buy three set of the cantina !! You too ?

Edited by Raptor15108