bpwilly3

Clone Brands Train discussions

The site linked above seems to have died in the last hour but Ausini can be found elsewhere too.

plastic_building_block_brick_toy_building_block.jpg_220x220.jpg

plastic_building_block_train_toy_building_block.jpg_220x220.jpg

7939-1.jpg

plastic_brain_building_brick_3d_brain_building.jpg_220x220.jpg

7938-1.jpg

plastic_ABS_building_brick_toy_ABS_building.jpg_220x220.jpg

10133-1.jpg

plastic_decorative_building_brick_for_children.jpg_220x220.jpg

10013-1.jpg

plastic_baby_building_brick_toy.jpg_220x220.jpg

10014-1.jpg

children_hot_building_block_kid_hot_building.jpg_220x220.jpg

10219-1.jpg

And from the same friendly childrens toy manufacturer:

AUSINI_P22706_AK47_Automatic_Kalashnikov_1947_Rifle.jpg_350x350.jpg

Build your own Kalashnikov...

Their colour schemes don't look too bad. Their minifigs look scary though. Maybe good for a zombie invasion vignette.

I suppose they sell an ak47 set so that you can shoot the trains for moving target practice. :laugh:

Edited by dr_spock

Computer renderings, but if you order 100000 pieces they will probably produce them. Theres a polish brand called dromader they produce for, some nice creator ripoffs, but no trains.

Google Ausini and you will get links and pics.

Some of them look pretty decent, although buying 60 at a tine seems prohibitive lol

I want that AK, I so miss the days of buying toy guns that looked like guns :cry2:

Edited by v6TransAM

It's not exactly a clone brand, but Nanoblock is putting out a line of trains that can be fitted with what looks like N-Gauge boogies and motors.

10262341a.jpg

10262345a.jpg

10262349a.jpg

10262359a.jpg

10262365a.jpg

10262392a.jpg

10262401a.jpg

10262403a.jpg

10262405a2.jpg

10262406a.jpg

They won't be out until July, and they won't compatible at all with Lego (Nanoblocks are about 1/2 the size of Lego bricks) but they might be useful for making Narrow Gauge engines or something along the lines. It's kind of a bummer that you have to buy motors and wheels for the other sets though. If you want some more pictures or prices (They're quite expensive, ~$20 USD for the trains and ~$120 USD for a motorized set) , the whole collection is Here.

I have bought an Ausini train, the only one i could actually find, its the steam train type loco with a few carriages.

I would like to get them all but sadly no place sells them unless you want to buy a lot of them at once for the manufacturer to make them.

I really enjoyed the train, the quality compared to enlighten was far better. the bricks had great clutch power and the train wheels roll better than Enlighten trains.

The only odd thing was the Minifigs, i threw them out they are horrible looking things, brown skin and funny legs with evil looking eye's.

More track would have been nice i got a half circle in my box :( lucky the track fits Lego & Enlighten perfectly.

I have bought an Ausini train, the only one i could actually find, its the steam train type loco with a few carriages.

I would like to get them all but sadly no place sells them unless you want to buy a lot of them at once for the manufacturer to make them.

I really enjoyed the train, the quality compared to enlighten was far better. the bricks had great clutch power and the train wheels roll better than Enlighten trains.

The only odd thing was the Minifigs, i threw them out they are horrible looking things, brown skin and funny legs with evil looking eye's.

More track would have been nice i got a half circle in my box :( lucky the track fits Lego & Enlighten perfectly.

Do you think the quality is higher than Enlighten's?

Please add some photos, closeups and a review of your impressions to this thread. :)

Banbao Hi-speed Passenger Trainset No:8221.

Overall this is a set that has more pluses than minuses and I consider it to be good value for money.

I have Banbao Railway Remote Cargo Train. It is older set, with normal leg minifigures. I mostly agree with what Annie said. Just want to add that banbao bricks are not compatible with lego ones. BanBao blocks is about 15% higher.

The other sizes seems the same. So it really easy to mix with lego, and them have a mess in pieces. I attach few pictures that show differences.

IMG_5418.jpgIMG_5421.jpgIMG_5426.jpg

I'm going to add ballast to some enlighten rails to see if it looks nice. I ordered a bunch of black 1 x 1 and 1 x 4 tiles, as well as reddish brown 1 x 2 and 2 x 4 plates. The brown rails resemble many of the slightly rusted ones I see everywhere where I live. The only thing I hate is that it's a shade of brown that doesn't match any official LEGO colour. I'll scrap the idea if reddish brown looks too silly. I have a hunch it just might look decent, though.

I am new to this forum. I was looking for a toy train for my 2 yr old and got so hooked to his Duplo that I decided to get some trains for myself. Just got the Maersk and the Lone Ranger. I love the info I get from this forum so decided to join in. I stay in China but am not Chinese - just work here. I get my office staff to order from Chinese online sites and prices are very cheap for the knock off brands. I decided to order an Ausini just to see what the quality is like. The model I got is 25812

http://003.tsdn.net/...px?id=195&type=

I checked up on most of the models they have on their website. Apparently not all are available - only surplus left over from their orders is let out in the local Chinese market. Apart of the one I bought the others available are the Maersk clone and the 7939 clone. I plan to get the 7939 for myself and already have the Maersk so didn't want to bother with the clones.

Initial impressions - packaging is well done - nice box with parts sealed in individual (umarked) bags like Lego with a hefty instructions book (like Lego). Tracks are single stud and good quality though I haven't mated them with Lego yet. I actually haven't gotten around to building it cos I can't take it home (dont want the risk of my 2yr old accidentally choking on the parts) so will probably build it after hours at work.

I don't mind doing a detailed review but I am new here and not sure if it's okay to post it here.

I have ordered the log car of Enlighten too just to compare the quality. Their Frisco Fe and Union Pacific locos are no longer locally available but pretty much everything else is.

Thank you everyone for this forum - I love the info, enthusiasm and ideas here. Now if I can only convince my wife that Lego is also for adults....

Edited by DennisW

ha ha ha!!! almost three years ago, I posted on this topic and said this: "ok, for me no way I'll ever buy them, but for sure I may think about copying some ideas."

few weeks ago, I received as a gift some sets by enlighten, and I must admit that they are not as bad as I thought.

after checking a survey regarding cloned brands, I noticed that enlighten was not considered as one of the best alternatives, but in my opinion should be regarded as a very good alternative, especially for those who don't want to spend such a huge amount of money for their kids. yes, the quality is not the same as lego, the colors are not as bright as lego and so on, but it is a cheap alternative and all the printed parts are printed, no stickers at all!.

I will have to build a huge train layout soon, and lego tracks are normally quite expensive, but where I live now (thailand), with import taxes they are even more expensive such as 200% of the standard US price! enlighten tracks are cheap and good, and also that brown color is even better than the lego gray (imho). I currently pay a rail box (8 straight + 8 curves) less than 5 euro!!! and less than 6 euro for a box of switch points... shipped at home! compared to the 17 euro and 20 euro lego counterparts (not including import taxes and shipment)

am I happy with these enlighten sets? yes.

will I buy some more? maybe yes

trains and tracks for sure!

and don't forget that you can cut tracks and make new geometry with clone tracks that you would never do with original lego ones ;)

mrBlue

Edited by mrblue

I had Enlighten's 638 steam engine. One of it's bogies broke, and I was a little bit tired of it, so I dismantled it, got some extra parts from my own collection and Bricklink, and made my own 7810! :classic:

My first post.

My son has the horizon express and loves it, so I added some more track to increase the fun and then the 7939 and 7938. I liked the look of the enlighten union pacific, so I bought one its ok. Next was to motorise it which made it more fun. Then I saw Ausini trains.

I joined here to reply to this topic with first hand knowledge of the kits.

I would say 90-95% of lego. As noted with other clones. the reds and oranges are off, and the windscreens are not 100% but for the dollars, their good.

I had to make my own battery boxes to power the PF train motors mostly as the Lego box is too wide.

Ive included photos of the battery box I made for reference. this cost about $8 to make there are2x 3 A A A battery holders that can be placed one in front of the other for narrow bodied trains. I dont seem to be able to space the photos out to put comments to each one. Notice track on box for size comparison , also instructions show grey area as area done,

Happy for any questions

So photos...

20140710_195908_zps12t9wxdu.jpg

20140712_162553_zpsipdn2ieh.jpg

20140710_195840_zps9a4paaag.jpg

20140710_195830_zpsa0rvd1bi.jpg

20140712_162845-1_zpsum7xukup.jpg

20140712_123332_zpssta7lhxo.jpg

20140712_162829_zps1by1esl9.jpg

20140710_195923_zpspucigdn6.jpg

20140712_163055-1_zpstp7ymphi.jpg

20140712_163108-1_zpsbw5suvkg.jpg

20140712_163119-1_zpsedtl7khu.jpg

20140607_115218_zpsiaixkemh.jpg

20140607_120501_zpsubkx4itu.jpg

20140607_123823_zpsfdhblqut.jpg

20140607_124159_zpswlwws99l.jpg

Jeebus, I wouldn't even use doors like that when I moc'ed back in the 80's. CRAP! :angry:

I actually bought an enlighten train before. To be more specific, it was the Santa Fe one. To be honest, not that bad. Some of the disadvantages were-

-2 Missing Parts

-Super long shipping time

-Plastic quality wasn't that good

-And lastly, really enlighten, get your own ideas!