Mr. Cube

MEC Category A: The Long-expected Party

Hello everyone.

This is my entry for the EB Middle Earth Contest. I was thinking about the set like this since the LotR/Hobbit theme (and especially Bag End) was released. I was a little bit inspired by one LEGO Ideas project, but my set is different, I made it my way. I hope you´ll like it. :)

Ogw.png

Ogx.png

Ogy.png

OgE.png

Edited by Mr. Cube

Oh, wow, I nearly did the same thing. Lucky for me I didn't have the right pieces to finish it. Wouldn't of looked very good compared to this one. :wink:

Great entry, Mr. Cube! I really like the flags and the little tent.

I actually made the same thing, but at a smaller scale and price point.

Thank you for replies!

Sir Gareth: Yeah, I saw your set - and I like it. Nice little set which represents the same thing.

Great scene, I like it. You did an excellent job.

I made a Rosie Cotton myself, but with the hair of the calamity drone minifig (without the hat, though), because I thought that represents her curly hair somewhat better.

Great take on the Scene, you have captured all necessary Details in one set. And it is looking like a real set, because of the base plates and the building style. The two new figures Bilbo and Rosie with some cool minfigure accesores like Food make this set a must-have.

Good luck !

Saabfan from lego ideas made this earlier.

edit

I have told this saabfan, and he is not amused, greetings from him.

Edited by Anduin1710

The fact, that Saabfan did this earlier, doesn´t mean that anybody else can´t do this again. There are plenty of Rivendell, Osgiliath, Barad-Dur, Minas Tirith, Fellbeast MOCs etc. over the internet. Nobody has copyright to some scene from the films. I was a bit inspired by his work (and I stated that fact in the description above) – concretely the technique of the lanterns. There is another set like this in the MEC, made by Sir Gareth. His set is designed as smaller, cheaper set, my set is supposed to be the bigger one with more minifigures. And I like that oportunity, that anybody can do his/her own interpretation of this scene from the FotR.

btw I like your creations on LEGO Ideas, your Dale set looks great.

Edited by Mr. Cube