Hello everyone here is my latest creation! It is a Land Rover Defender 110 in case you didn't read the title ;)

15625449281_1df050abe6_b.jpg

This model was made to help me improve my body modeling for cars and I think it went all right. This is the first model from which I followed a blueprint (roughly) but in the end it turned out to be pretty accurate.

15442019988_f2e77686e8_b.jpg

The chassis is based on one from RM8's channel, which he has instructions for. This model was a great start, however it had a very poor steering mechanism and weak front axle. I instead used 42000 hubs for steering and replaced the m motor with a servo. I also provided suitable gearing on the servo to make it harder to turn (the original steering moved whenever an obstacle was hit).

15442017778_bb18936e06_b.jpg

*(That connector is not meant to be loose)*

The body is made in a few sections, all of which can be removed. This is displayed in the video below:

And finally a video of it in action:

And that is all! For more pictures head over to my Flickr account via the link in the signature or go straight to the album here:https://www.flickr.com/photos/102730499@N03/sets/72157648959411321/

I may be making instructions for the modified chassis but I see how I am going, bye

Edited by Nalyd997

As I said you youtube, its a great little model. The front axle is quite interesting, is there a lot of sideways wobbling?

As I said you youtube, its a great little model. The front axle is quite interesting, is there a lot of sideways wobbling?

Behind the steering there is an anti wobble link (I don't know the correct term) ;)

Love the front axle, especially the use of those wheel hubs on the steering link. :classic:

It was kind of one of those builds where you assemble it then go holy crap that is the best possible solution :)