Great MOC, but now I have to decide, order instructions for the beetle, wait for this, or order both :wacko:

Awesome job!

That is spectacular. Sheepo, you are really showing that lego can be made to do just about anything.

Just believe and LEGO will do it!!!

AWESOME Kombi van design there 'Sheepo'......my dad twenty years ago had a red Kombi van, though about a 1973 if my memory serves me correct.

Brick On 'Sheepo' ! :grin:

Absolutely stunning build. I love the part it is remote controlled. Super like it. Well done.

Edited by sunbeam

So many models, so little time. I am still working on the mustang..... which I am planning a surprise for... hint... adding more power!

With the mustang, also with the VW models, I notice that the front wheels bow inwards when lifted. this is not so pronounced when placed on surface, but I did want to just check and make sure I am buildling it correctly. Are the front wheels supposed to do this?

With the mustang, also with the VW models, I notice that the front wheels bow inwards when lifted. this is not so pronounced when placed on surface, but I did want to just check and make sure I am buildling it correctly. Are the front wheels supposed to do this?

Yes, it is normal. The reason are the brakes. The axle to hold the wheel is very long and the clearance in the union axle-suspension cause that non-wished inclination

Yes, it is normal. The reason are the brakes. The axle to hold the wheel is very long and the clearance in the union axle-suspension cause that non-wished inclination

Great. Thanks Sheepo. Your models are wonderful. If you are willing, I would also like an idea how many of your mustang instructions you have sold. I want to try and get an idea for the market that is out there for things like that.

Great. Thanks Sheepo. Your models are wonderful. If you are willing, I would also like an idea how many of your mustang instructions you have sold. I want to try and get an idea for the market that is out there for things like that.

Why would you ask him that???

If you are willing, I would also like an idea how many of your mustang instructions you have sold

You wont get the answer for a question like that.

I've got one question for you Sheepo, if you don't use an actual return to center mechanism for your car's steering then how do you get the front wheels so perfectly straight when you drive them around? Is it just crazy good timing, special gear combination, rubber-bands or what?

I've got one question for you Sheepo, if you don't use an actual return to center mechanism for your car's steering then how do you get the front wheels so perfectly straight when you drive them around? Is it just crazy good timing, special gear combination, rubber-bands or what?

The steering uses a worm gear which meshes with a 24 tooth gear, giving the ratio of 24:1. Although this isn't the final gear ratio for the steering, there is enough time for Sheepo to get the wheels perfectly straight.

Many people ask me about the steering of my cars, but they don't have anything strange. I just connect the motor to the wheels, like everybody. Maybe the only difference is that I add a big gear reduction to the motor, so the steering is slow but but very precise.

how do you get the front wheels so perfectly straight when you drive them around? Is it just crazy good timing

Many people ask me about the steering of my cars, but they don't have anything strange. I just connect the motor to the wheels, like everybody.

He's just being modest. He really is that awesome.

No idea why not people. It is an innocent enough question. This is not b/c I have the desire to do the same..... I am under no delusion that anyone would ever want to purchase anything I have ever made. I am sumply curious how many adult builders out there follow and have an interest in this type of stuff.

Why would you ask him that???

You wont get the answer for a question like that.

Well-known MOC designers sell around 1-5 copies of their instructions every day. This depends on the model, the price and the actual designer ofcourse.

Edited by jantjeuh

Well-known MOC designers sell around 1-5 copies of their instructions every day. This depends on the model, the price and the actual designer ofcourse.

In my experience, you are WAY off on that estimate.

No idea why not people. It is an innocent enough question. This is not b/c I have the desire to do the same..... I am under no delusion that anyone would ever want to purchase anything I have ever made. I am sumply curious how many adult builders out there follow and have an interest in this type of stuff.

I will not enter in details, but there are many quick things I can tell you.

Can you earn some money if you do instructions?. Maybe, but you must be ready to do many things:

- Your creations must different to any other creation, and in a different way. Because there are many free instructions for really well done MOCs in the web(nico71 or madoca are good examples). For example my cars add many features and mechanicals solutions not avalable in any other MOCs.

- Your instructions must be done in high quality, I mean: forget LDD... and say hello to MLCad and LPub. The necessary work to do a high quality instructions is bigger than create the real MOC. More instructions means less time to do the funny part: create new MOCs.

- You must take on that the instructions will be share and sell without your permission by some people, and other people will be try to deceive you to get the instructions for free(specially on ebay).

- You will need to save many time every day to meet to your customers. Answer their emails, with their questions, requests and complaints(not everybody is happy with the product they have bought).

I have a job like a normal person, I have more or less 4 hours of free time daily and I spend around 2-3 hours of that free time to complete the last point of the list, and the other 2 hours to built with Lego, sometimes less... are you ready for that?

If you are ready, go ahead!! ;)

At least in my case you are very far with that numbers... maybe the first days after release a new instructions the sales will be like that. But a couple of weeks after that the sales are much lower.

Yeah, this is only for the first few weeks. After that the sales taper off, ofcourse.

Edited by jantjeuh

I don't even want to get into the horror stories that I have dealt with on Ebay... I send out a disclaimer message that the buyer must reply back to in order for me to send the download information...If I don't hear back within 3 days of sending 1/2 a dozen messages, I just refund them for a "purchase error"...

I had a woman from Virginia threaten to slander me accross the internet and take me to court if I didn't send her 10 year son a Vampire GT kit(yes a whole kit) for $12...

If you ever read the description on one of my listings, you would have to seriosuly have something wrong with you to think you are getting a 2,000 piece set for a couple bucks...

But I can see how it happens.. "Mommy, buy me this car, it's only $12!" Mom says to herself, "Yeah, it's only $12, why not?" Without ever reading the description...

By the way, great model Fernando... :wink:

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have no intentions of ever selling anything.... but I was just curious to hear from those that have true skills. I know along with the skills there are some intense hours that are put in as well.