vitreolum

MEC Cat. A - Tom Bombadil's House

Well this was challenging to make, I normally don't care about interiors or legality of techniques (quite the opposite really, best part of my builds are the illegal techniques :)) ). Built this in the vein of Medieval Marketplace/Simpson's House. Comes with a complete interior.

Not very happy with the exterior, but I had to put this together during the weekend so it's quite rushed.

15013072313_e5e1dd443e_c.jpg

15633251865_4a14fede80_c.jpg

This is really a beautiful creation and I think it's also the first or second time that someone has built the house of Tom Bombadil.

I really like the interior, it's always great to see some older LEGO Scala parts.

But I do not think that LEGO would ever release the house of Tom Bombadil because he was not in the LotR movies and the techniques you have used don't really look like from an official LEGO set.

Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic creation with a lot of nice little details but it doesn't look like a set that LEGO would sell.

Aside from the greebling, the lack of which would have made this look really boring to me, there's really nothing special that would not be possible in a creator expert type of set in here. I did keep that simple for this purpose. Another thing could be the doors and lower window, but lego did use brick build doors in sets (Moria for example) and I did the window that way because I don't have the panels that would have been used.

This is a great build, Vitreolum! Very much ilustrates your perfectly distinguishable style with lots of details and NPU. I woul totally buy it if it was a set!

Good luck to the contest. :sweet:

Not very happy with the exterior, but I had to put this together during the weekend so it's quite rushed.

I can hardly see what you are unhappy with. This is great!

I see a fantastic home for Tom and a very interesting front garden. Very good custom doors (ok, you've done them before) - everything else also fine.

Having seen some of your work before, I must say it is all of the highest standard. Hats off to you!

Any close-ups of Tom?

I always liked Tom Bombadil, he's a really bright character. It's nice to see a MOC like this. A really nice house, with wonderful exterior and great interior with lots of nice details.

I saw this on Flickr and hadn't realized you'd posted it here as well. Ve nicely done! Looks like there could be a D2C set like this. The exterior is absolutely stunning! :thumbup: