SirNadroj

The Armageddon: Pirate Galleon MOC

thindexedgif.gif 32b

Hi all! So here is my latest creation. As you probably know, I have made a Black Pearl and Hai Peng, and of course I needed reference to make them, so here is my latest ship, right off the top of my head. This is my first ship utilizing classic mast/hull pieces. The other ships, I have had to 'makeshift' them. So this ship is called the Armageddon. It is a galleon, and a very cartoonish one at that, considering the stern castle is on a rather steep incline. (I did that on purpose) :)

The Armageddon has three decks, 20 cannons, 2 anchors, 4 masts (including the bow) and has 10 crew members. (That includes 2 wenches ;-) ) It also has two chastons (If a chaston is what I think it is), and lots of ringing!

Here are some pictures:

Armageddon16.jpg

Armageddon11.jpg

Armageddon2.jpg

Armageddon7.jpg

There would be more pics if some people didn't destroy a certain huge online lego gallery! Ahemmmm! :-/

Edited by SlyOwl

WOW! You managed to capture how maglined the original galleons were, and more! *y* I really like it.

It reminds me a lot of a carrack!

Wiki Carrack Link

Eertvelt,_Santa_Maria.jpg

Google search bring some images out that look even more like this ship with high stern and bow castles with a small mid section.

Yes, it is definitely cartoony, but there are some very good design elements and it looks quite good from that perspective. I like the bowing in and out on with the slopes on the front of the ship especially!

This looks like a ship from a fantasy movie.

My first thought was "what's going on with the stern?", but then I started reading and discovered you did that on purpose.

I like this ship. It certainly has character!

Edited by bonaparte

That you all for the comments! I appreciate it! *sweet*

And ZCerberus, I never really did any research, but that carrack and my ship have some similar qualities. Kinda funny.

Even though I am not a huge Pirate fan, this ship is very impressive. I would buy that model, if Lego had made it. I love how it sits high out of the water.

And ZCerberus, I never really did any research, but that carrack and my ship have some similar qualities. Kinda funny.

Sometimes that just happens! Like I said, do a Google image search and you will see many carracks that look even more like your ship...

Check them out HERE and HERE

Edited by ZCerberus

Sometimes that just happens! Like I said, so a google image search and you will see many carracks that look even more like your ship...

Check them out HERE and HERE

Thanks for those links! They are uncannily similar! :-$

Anyone else have any feedback about it?

Edited by SirNadroj

I am speechless(again :-D)

Nicely Done once again Sir Nadorj\

BTY I have a question

I noticed you have storage containers in the background

Where did you get those?

Becuase I am currently looking for something like those

Thanks

Piranha

I am speechless(again :-D)

Nicely Done once again Sir Nadorj\

BTY I have a question

I noticed you have storage containers in the background

Where did you get those?

Becuase I am currently looking for something like those

Thanks

Piranha

Thanks, Piranha! As for the storage containers, I picked those up at my local TARGET store. I think they were $20 each, something like that. You could probably pick them up at a hardware store or a department store.

An impressive work with a good color scheme and a neat solution for the cannons. *y*

Is there some interor?

An impressive work with a good color scheme and a neat solution for the cannons. *y*

Is there some interor?

Thanks Asuka. The only interior I put in is a couple of chrome candle sticks, and a table with some plates on it. Those are in the stern-castle. The top of the stern where the captain's wheel is opens up to access the cabin's interior, but it is kind of a pain to open becasue of all the ringing and the mast.

I love carracks *wub*

The sterncastle is angled just a tad bit extreme for me, though it does look excelent as a cartoon stylized design.

I will have to study your techniques on this and perhaps design something with a less intense angle.

Yeah, the stern is so steep, I need to put everything else on an extreme angle to make them look straight, if you know what I mean, but I like how it came out.

Edited by SirNadroj

Yeah, the stern is so steep, I need to put everything else on an extreme angle to make them look straight, if you know what I mean, but I like how it came out.

I know what you mean, and I'm very dissapointed with you. Everything else should be able to live their own life style :-P X-D J/K

That's an extraordinary ship Sir Nadroj.

You don't see high LEGO galleons like this alot. A nice change!

Do you have acces to the cabins and decks? I'd like to see how the inside looks.

Mr Tiber

Edited by Mr Tiber

Thanks, Mr. Tiber. I only have access to the cabin in the stern, but with all the ringing it is hard to get at. All it is is a plain, triangular shaped room with a table and some candle sticks. I didn't want to add to much detail to an area that really wouldn't be seen much. That is the only area I can get at, the gun decks are blocked off. (no pun intended).

Egad! This Galleon sure is a behemoth! You're SirNadroj, its very stylised in cartoonish way. What made you decide to build a ship like this? Was it planned or did it just happen?

I always loved galleons and carracks. I knew I was gonna make a carrack, but it came out a lot bigger than I thought it would be. I just built it as I went along. I didn't sketch anything out. It defiantly came out cartoonier than I expected, too, which I like.

Cool! If you put some imperial armada guys on there I would believe that this is Columbus' Santa Maria X-D

Btw, you have alot o' those brown minifig heads *y*

Cool! If you put some imperial armada guys on there I would believe that this is Columbus' Santa Maria X-D

Btw, you have alot o' those brown minifig heads *y*

I believe the picture I posted was of the Santa Maria in fact! Good observations Timento!