goatman461

[SoNE Freebuild] 7.1 - Alderaan System - Dark Trooper Base

A top and within a spinning asteroid in the system that once housed the peaceful planet of Alderaan, a secret Imperial base receives its newest visitors. The AT-ST sentry once again turns its attention outward, ready at all times for Rebel incursions or hapless miners who inspect its home asteroid too closely.

14989579173_f7ac68b506.jpg15609722075_1aa1f53393.jpg

The asteroid base survives its tumultuous environment through the combined effort of a shield generator and reversed tractor beam buried in the rock. The base’s two docking bays are currently full; one holding the new visitors; the other holding their payment, a scrubbed Lambda-class T-4a shuttle.

15607053231_b618ab33fc.jpg15610556502_f62392d34a.jpg

The new visitors are a combination of Imperial officers and smugglers led by ISB officer Goatm An. Using their Nubian light freighter, the crew bypassed Imperial, Rebel, and cartel checkpoints, blockades, and scavengers to make it across countless systems to their current port.

15393457440_6b0ffd9ff6_c.jpg

Their contact on the base is a somewhat familiar face. After their run in on

Bothawui, Goatm soon discovered that his (h)armless friend, Rom Mohc, was a renowned engineer and driving force of the Empire’s Dark Trooper project.

The program’s current configuration is housed at this facility and is jealously guarded by aging and deteriorating clone troopers. Those troopers that are left completely rely on the lab and work of Mohc to stay alive; as such, they are mortally bound to the base and his current project.

Goatm greets Moch as his crew unloads the supplies. Goatm’s unorthodox crew has been hand-picked for missions such as this because of their unique self-interest. Unlike the countless cadets coming out of the Imperial academy, these men are loyal only to themselves, a quality Goatm can appreciate and exploit.

15579057615_a75ab2c51d_c.jpg

Bay 2 by goatman461, on Flickr

Once their business is complete, Mohc shows Goatm his latest prototypes. The first two prototypes are of little interest to Goatm. Droids; mindless automatons designed to follow orders no matter what.

15345533038_8d80934e6a_z.jpg15528323682_267468c8ba_z.jpg

But the Phase III prototype has promise. Though too big for any kind of real battle in space, the potential for this beast on land was staggering. Goatm politely logged his compliant about the size and its practicality fighting through the narrow corridors of a Rebel or Imperial cruiser. Mohc agreed and they concluded their business.

15341896758_518e952056_z.jpg15310674689_494fc3c2a1_z.jpg

Thank you for checking out my latest freebuild. C&C are always welcomed and greatly appreciated. I would only like the

docking bay judged. Thank you in advance.

Looks great all around. The different scales are fun and interesting. NPU with the handcuffs on the micro scale AT-ST! :classic:

As a huge fan of Dark Forces, I have to say that I love this MOC. This... Mohc...? There's a joke here somewhere, I just can't seem to find it.

Anyways, all the references to the different phases are awesome and I must've spent ten minutes looking at all the little details you worked into the Dark Troopers and the workshop. :thumbup:

Oh, and the micro AT-ST is cutely terrifying.

Edited by montyofmusic

Great build Goatman! I really like that small AT-ST and those Mechs are done just perfect!

Wow, this is a hell of a build! I'm loving the micro-asteroid base; the little details like the glassed-in biosphere and the power generator that looks like it's built into the rocks are excellent. I like the Nubian freighter too - looks like a sweet combination of functionality and firepower.

I'm not as familiar with the Dark Forces story line but I can see it'll be giving grief to the rebels so I approve :devil:

Edited by LucasLaughing

So many things to love. First, I love all your different scenes. Lots of variety to like here. I love how you've carried your dark-red color-scheme on your freighter all the way down to the protocol droid. And while this is probably a comment many people would disagree with, can I just say, "Star Wars mechs? Oh yes!"

I am terrible at the micro building stuff, so I always appreciate those who can. It is impressive to see someone put micro, minifig, macro building into 1 "scene" and do it well.

I really like the freighter, it looks like a freighter! The colors work well and it has enough stuff without it being overly done (always hard not to keep adding until you sit back and realize every 1x1 sized space is taken up with something!). The scene works well with lots of little realism details from the handshake to the tilted crate. The backdrop is nice, I particularly like the wall with the wheels and alcove. My one nitpick, probably more of a personal preference, is the way it abruptly stops. If those are doors I'd love to at least see the top of the door just to get that sense that it goes on. Now I'm kinda thinking "What is behind those walls?

It is a good stuff, I'm digging the story and the development of the character (been lurking and reading a while, finally signed up). Looking forward to the further adventures!

Thank you everybody for the great comments

It is a good stuff, I'm digging the story and the development of the character (been lurking and reading a while, finally signed up). Looking forward to the further adventures!

I'm flattered that you picked my post as your first comment; thank you for leaving "negative" criticism, as well. It stopped abruptly because I ran out of bricks and didn't shoot at a better angle to work with the walls I had. I had similar problems shooting the mechs at the right angle to get all the details in that I wanted while not stopping it abruptly. Ultimately, as usual, I got lazy and just posted what I had.

Future adventures are coming soon. One more scene to shoot before I post it.

15713112572_cbfb391d50_s.jpg

Rebel Infantry Transport by goatman461, on Flickr