Wow, NICE!!! One more MOC of your hand to build! Just finished the PF Buggy 2, and was amazed by the talent with which you connect those peace. really smart build! Looking forward to the instructions of this one!

Very nice truck! I realy like the use of a torque-vectoring diff. But is there a reason why jou didn't mount the front diff into a 5x7 frame?

Not a good idea (no pun intended). Too big, too complex and too expensive (too awesome?). LEGO Ideas is for small and simple sets.

Edited by jantjeuh

You mean the red supercar? That one has no parts list unfortunately. If someone was to build it and compile a parts list afterwards, I could add it to Rebrickable.

Very nice truck! I realy like the use of a torque-vectoring diff. But is there a reason why jou didn't mount the front diff into a 5x7 frame?

See the post #13. :wink:

I had to avoid touching 6L links and 5x7 frame each other.

If you put differential into the frame, you can't steer. The steering links can't move because links and frame are at the same level.

Hi , jsut wanted to check what pice did you use to make the back tail gate int he black version ?

I know the red uses the 'Technic Panel 3 X 11 x 1' part number 15458.

It looks like a different part for the black version ?

15458.jpg?1

Hi , jsut wanted to check what pice did you use to make the back tail gate int he black version ?

I know the red uses the 'Technic Panel 3 X 11 x 1' part number 15458.

It looks like a different part for the black version ?

Madoca uses this part in black: http://rebrickable.com/parts/11954. It's a new mold variant of http://rebrickable.com/parts/62531.

Edited by jantjeuh

Madoca, your 4x4 pickup is really amazing! Thank you for sharing instructions with us!

Looking at this SUV, I realized that I wanted to add some more crawling abilities to it. The one thing that can prevent serious off-road riding - differentials. So I decide to add "limited slip" feature to rear and center differentials. There were no troubles with rear axle - a lot of free space and simple mechanics. But the center differential - it's hell. Different angular velocities of the two semiaxes (rear 1:3 and front 1:1) require a complex system of gears.

But the result worth it! Now, this pretty pickup can overcome quite serious off-road. Soon I'll make a video. Now I have only one scheme and some photos.

8b43cdd6-ed23-4f98-8200-38702fa9b495_zps3bb0f69e.jpg

d93dd030-597f-4724-b73b-8d0aa6037297_zpsc2c48a7c.jpg

e246b543-aeb3-4ad8-a031-24e0cb9dca26_zpsd2f0ca8f.jpg

Some more photos here

As you can see, I added a reinforced front and rear bumpers, ropes on the hood (I don't know how are they called. They can protect windshield tree's branches), replaced the suspension arms for longer ones (6.5 studs against 6), slightly lifted rear suspension, replaced XL motors on buggy motors. The rest I kept the original design, except the seats. I had to sacrifice them for the sake of storage space for li-po battery boxes.

Hope you like this modifications!

Wow, you really pimped it up!!! Looks great, now I have two more models to build, that is ofcourse if you'll provide some pointets for the overhauling :-)

Madoca, your 4x4 pickup is really amazing! Thank you for sharing instructions with us!

Looking at this SUV, I realized that I wanted to add some more crawling abilities to it. The one thing that can prevent serious off-road riding - differentials. So I decide to add "limited slip" feature to rear and center differentials. There were no troubles with rear axle - a lot of free space and simple mechanics. But the center differential - it's hell. Different angular velocities of the two semiaxes (rear 1:3 and front 1:1) require a complex system of gears.

But the result worth it! Now, this pretty pickup can overcome quite serious off-road. Soon I'll make a video. Now I have only one scheme and some photos.

Only a week or so after this was published, and we already have mods? Awesome :classic:

What Tire use? @ SilenWin

I used no-name 1.9 RC tires. They are pretty soft and have good grip on any surfaces, even on glass or polished stone.

There are plenty lots on Ebay, and here one of them http://m.ebay.com/itm/360548940987

Wow, you really pimped it up!!! Looks great, now I have two more models to build, that is ofcourse if you'll provide some pointets for the overhauling :-)

All I can do for you right now - to do a few close-up photo of chassis internals and rear axle. Maybe later, when I will disassemble the model, I will make detailed photos of all modifications. They are not so global, so you can easily add a few parts to original build while following Madoca's instructions. I spent about 3 hours to modify chassis because I had to disassemble already finished model. It will be much easier to assemble the modified chassis from the very beginning

Edited by SilenWin

I like crawler version! Looks much better than the original. :wub:

And I'm glad to know that such a cool MOD was built based on one of my models and instructions. Thanks for building!

Sounds like there's an RC motor in there and the truck is quite fast.

EDIT Oh there are indeed 2 RC motors. Amazing.

Edited by Zblj