For the C-model contest I figured I'd have a shot at doing something with 8049, as of all the sets I have in the parts range, this is one of the few with a useable number of the same wheel type (amongst other reasons). This is just a quick sketch built in LDD, a Logging Loader.

15583073236_d4fe917d02_c.jpg

Its functions are:

• Pneumatic lifting of the two-stage crane arm
  • Worm screw operated claw
  • Crane rotation via the light on the cabin roof
  • Two-stage steering via the exhaust stack - this articulates the body of the vehicle while simultaneously steering a rack-and-pinion mechanism on the middle axle, so all three axles are at a different angle
  • Pendular suspension on the rear axle

Working with pneumatics in LDD is a bit of a pain, to put it lightly. I'm not sure about the positioning of those elements as yet on the crane arm, but adjusting them will be easy enough when I build it with bricks. It uses about 400 parts at a rough guess, the pneumatics parts here are made of multiple parts so distort the true part count.

I'm curious about model built out of bricks - LDD model looks promising. Your model also remembered me another awesome alternative model built out of this set.

11.jpg

Thank you for the comments :classic:

It'll probably be a little while till I get to build it with actual bricks, I guess we'll see how well the functions work out then - it will probably not be too difficult to make them work though.

@Tomik: Not seen that model before, looks good though :classic:

Well, I got around to doing a quick build up of it. A few changes here and there to make things work properly.

15455346040_70dbf62fe3_c.jpg

Finally managed to borrow a better camera than using my phone this weekend, so I managed to get the photos done...

This was as much inspired by 8443 as it was by machines like this one:

John%20Deere%20Timberlink%202.jpg

And here's the result. I changed a couple of things from the LDD version, most notably the mounting points of the pneumatics (which I knew I'd have to change anyway).

15679866158_79ff0bbdf0_c.jpg

This photo show the steering better. The central rack and pinion axle turns dependent on the rear articulation, controlled by the exhaust stack.

15681371979_b70eeea42b_c.jpg

The rear axle has pendular suspension.

15866741442_2e2494d2fc_c.jpg

And another pair of gratuitous shots:

15866784222_8b6692de96_c.jpg

15866757252_f290c71167_c.jpg

I'll add a post in the entry topic soon, I don't think I'll have time to do much else with it now :classic:

Hey mate!, this model is just superb from the looks of it and i really want to build your model, mind sharing instructions ?

Hey mate!, this model is just superb from the looks of it and i really want to build your model, mind sharing instructions ?

Hi Rinaldi,

Welcome to EB.

You have bumped a 3 year old topic, just to ask for instructions. Please don't bump old topics (see site guidelines, link in my footer), unless you have useful information to add.

Other than that; it's such a small build, you can probably figure it out by looking at the picture. Challenge yourself, instead of asking for instructions immediately :wink: 

Have fun and take care.