Hi everyone,

Last night I finished building my entry into the TC5 contest. It's a Baja SAE racer, with a few improvements. It combines the 9392 Quad Bike and the 42021 Snowmobile. If you're not familiar with this type of car, here's a picture of one in action:

baja_real.jpg

And here's the Technic version - with a matching number:

IMG_1272_800.png

IMG_1274_800.png

IMG_1273_800.png

Bonus accessory - Car Jack

IMG_1275_800.png

Leftover parts:

IMG_1278_800.png

Edited by BusterHaus

Change log:

- Added description and nicer pictures.

- Moved leftover parts to main post.

- Added car jack picture.

- Moved description to [TC5] Irish Rover

Edited by BusterHaus

Great entry!

You used a lot of parts. Nice that you took a picture of the leftover parts. That might be interesting for the entry post.

Nice clear pictures by the way. Well done :thumbup:

That's a cool little ride you got there and it would be really fun to drive the real one I bet. Is there any way you could put the engine behind the firewall?

loving it .... though in the real world All wheel steering and a High centre of gravity will only end in tears.... in the lego world it makes this model even more interesting

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. By the way, I also managed to build a small accessory for this car. I'll take a picture of it tonight.

You used a lot of parts. Nice that you took a picture of the leftover parts. That might be interesting for the entry post.

Thanks Jim. I moved the picture to the main post. Since we can't delete posts I'll use the second post as a change log.

That's a cool little ride you got there and it would be really fun to drive the real one I bet. Is there any way you could put the engine behind the firewall?

I think the engine could be placed behind the rear wheels, but most of the car, including the steering mechanism, would have to be rebuilt. I think the HOG stering would end up on the front of the car, making it look a bit odd. I think it would also shorten the wheelbase even more. There are compromises with each solution.