Sign in to follow this  
glenbricker

[LEGO IDEAS] Skull Cove: Redbeard's Return

Hey everybody, DarthKy and I worked together to make this high end non-ship set concept for LEGO Ideas. (Please note this submission has expired)

We also tried to re-imagine Redbeard, Anne, Rummy, and "Steve" from the classic LEGO Sets.

We certainly hope you will check it out.

15600282762_a2740c6801_o.png

15413341708_eb55b7cd09_o.png

Skull Cove: Redbeard’s Return.

Captain Roger Redbeard once terrified the seas with his crew aboard the The Black Seas Barracuda but he has not been seen on the high seas for over a decade.  Nobody knows exactly what happened to him, many assumed he finally met a bitter end, perhaps finally caught by the Imperials...some claim he retired and lives quietly on his untold riches.

His closest friends and allies however know the truth.

Redbeard, surrounded by his loyal crew, still rules the great pirate fleet, a shadow empire, from the security of his stronghold, Skull Cove.

This set seeks to create a top of the line pirate stronghold operated by a cadre of pirates inspired by classic LEGO pirates.

The re-imagined pirates includes the classic figures: Captain Roger Redbeard, Rummy, Anne, and “Steve.”

The Crew

Captain Rodger Redbeard.

In the passing years the Captain's beard has grown and streaks of white have crept into it.  He may not be as spry as he once was, but he is as cunning and quick witted as ever, coordinating strikes against the merchant lanes while continuing to foil the Imperials. 

First Mate Rummy.

Rummy has long been Redbeard's right hand man.  Now he operates the ingenious communication network that keeps Redbeard's pirate armada working in concert. 

Rummy is also a legendary spotter and look out.  He can count the number of cannons on a ship before most of the crew can even see its sails. 

Anne.

Anne has served as Redbeards Quartermaster, leading countless boarding actions upon ships beset by the Black Seas Barracuda.  She is an expert marksman and sword fighter, equally at home on the deck or in the ropes.  

"Steve"

Steve is a bit of a mysterious wild card, coming and going as he pleases. The crew is not even certain if "Steve" is his real name.   

His unequaled skill as an artillerist however has earned him a permanent opening as the master gunner in Redbeard's ranks.  On many occasions the astounding accuracy of his cannons has spelled the difference between victory and defeat. 

15596789181_47c716f4d4_h.jpg

15600283332_510aedcb25_o.png

Note: This project has expired so voting is no longer available.

Very nice, like the design on that scull-cliff.

Great project, good luck with it, it would be an awesome set.

There should be 2 more classic pirates figs, Bo'Sun Will and now also pirate Camilla.

I like your project. I am supporting it. If you add some figs, I would like to see Lt. De Martinez in chains.

I'm going to support because I want to make sure that Pirates gets due consideration within TLG.

However; I'd expect the design to be changed, whilst the shape and structure should remain the complexity of the rockwork needs to be reduced in order to productise it.

Whilst the AFOL might desire the number of bricks there'll be complaints about the tedium of the build when such a large proportion is rockwork; it's not a battle that can be won as AFOL we tend to have conflicting priorities that will never be realised within a set, eg. more bricks, less cost.

This is simply amazing, if it was for sale, I'd buy it immediately. Like this I will at least register on the Lego website to help by supporting you.

Haha, today it's easy, I just agree with The_Cook!

Well done MOC, love the design, the classic feeling... But as a set... if you succeed, it will be altered significantly.

Best of luck and success for your long endeavor anyway, it's a great creation that surely deserves to be recognized!

KB

Hey everybody, DarthKy and I worked together to make this high end non-ship set concept for LEGO Ideas.

DarthKy has Emailed me about help getting supporters for this project - I've replied his Email but I'm concerned the reply may have gone way of his Junk/Spam Email folder.

Are we able to discuss promotion ideas in this thread?

Great idea..the real and unique captain is Redbeard...

I hope in a new series..

But i wrong or the new captain of Brick Bounty of january 2015 is very similar at old Redbeard?

Great idea..the real and unique captain is Redbeard...

I hope in a new series..

But i wrong or the new captain of Brick Bounty of january 2015 is very similar at old Redbeard?

It is Redbeard. He's finally back! :) And Governor Broadside is also back.

We don't actually know who these blue coat minifigs are yet.

An older, modernised version of Governor Broadside was included in the 6242 Soldier's Fort, 10210 Imperial Flagship and the 2009 Pirate's Battle Pack.

His identity was confirmed in the LEGO Battles video games...

post-273-0-61898900-1415013516_thumb.png

15 minutes ago, Piraten said:

LOOKS GOOD !!! I will go and support

It's expired.

7 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

It's expired. 

Probably should have mentioned that at the start of the post too.

I've updated the first post.

35 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I wonder how many more good pirate builds from the past, are here in EUROBRICKS, that people would love to see them.

Millions!