ScottManDeath

Test thread for nifty tool

I am just testing a little tool I am writing which automatically creates forum bb code for any brickshelf gallery, ready to be inserted. I found it quite annoying that I had to do all the copy and paste just to show pix of a moc. It is basically a wrapper around the internet explorer which parses the html document to find links and images ....

I don't have webspace, but if somebody could host the program, I would be happy to make it usable by other people.

post-1013-1183021502_thumb.jpg

I am just testing a little tool I am writing which automatically creates forum bb code for any brickshelf gallery, ready to be inserted. I found it quite annoying that I had to do all the copy and paste just to show pix of a moc. It is basically a wrapper around the internet explorer which parses the html document to find links and images ....

I don't have webspace, but if somebody could host the program, I would be happy to make it usable by other people.

post-1013-1183021502_thumb.jpg

Cool little application. How much does the installation occupy?

LBaixinho

(Not my stuff, but the pix are few and small)

ImagesInline mode

Gallery

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

(Thumbs link to image mode)

Gallery

1.jpg_thumb.jpg 2.jpg_thumb.jpg 3.jpg_thumb.jpg

(Thumbs link to site mode)

Gallery

1.jpg_thumb.jpg 2.jpg_thumb.jpg 3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Cool little application. How much does the installation occupy?

LBaixinho

Glad you like it :)

Well, the program itself is 28KB, but it depends on the .NET 2.0 Framework, which, if it is not installed already, requires 24MB

(...)

Well, the program itself is 28KB, but it depends on the .NET 2.0 Framework, which, if it is not installed already, requires 24MB

I can host the 28kb file at my site. But you can use too the rapidshare or other similar sites!

LBaixinho

I'm pretty sure we can work something out to host it on the EB server, this program looks very useful and is surely a great addition for any LEGO fan, especially for those that often do reviews or MOC presentations!

I'll talk to Jipay about this since he has access to the ftp server, I lost the password and log in data long ago... :-$

I'm pretty sure we can work something out to host it on the EB server, this program looks very useful and is surely a great addition for any LEGO fan, especially for those that often do reviews or MOC presentations!

I'll talk to Jipay about this since he has access to the ftp server, I lost the password and log in data long ago... :-$

Kewl. I will sex it up, maybe "brand" it for EB :-)

I am not sure, but I might be possible to hack something together so I can also resize and upload batches of images automatically, because that sucks most at using brickshelf that I have to resiza manually, zip it up and upload it. I will try if it is possible.... but for now I gotta go to work :-)

Edited by ScottManDeath

Oh, that's cool! I'm working on a review right now and that would be very useful!

Oh, that's cool! I'm working on a review right now and that would be very useful!

I will see whether I have time on the weekend to hack that automatic uploading. In the meantime, send me PM with your email address so i can mail the .exe to you.

This seems like a very useful tool.

I'll give it a try once it's on the EB server.

I've moved this to "Website & Forums"

That looks like quite a handy tool, alright.

I was just thinking, it shouldn't be very hard to make this into an automatic uploader to Bricklink, along the lines of the Flickr one. It would be very handy to be able to drag and drop in a load of photos and have it automatically upload them all, especially if it could make sure photos are sized to a sensible size before uploading them.

That looks like quite a handy tool, alright.

I was just thinking, it shouldn't be very hard to make this into an automatic uploader to Bricklink, along the lines of the Flickr one. It would be very handy to be able to drag and drop in a load of photos and have it automatically upload them all, especially if it could make sure photos are sized to a sensible size before uploading them.

Working on that :-)