VBBN

Battle For The Golden Mask Competition: Entry Thread

bftgm--calliope_1_fx_resized.jpg

This creature was, until recently, one of a species of imposing--but rather cowardly--hunter/scavengers. That all changed when it broke into an ancient crypt looking for bodies to feed upon. Instead, it found an ornate staff emitting an alluring glow. When the beast touched it, the ancient consciousness imprisoned within the scepter immediately took control. It modified the scavenger, both mentally and physically, and now used the beast to further its own ends. The villagers call the mutated creature Calliope, for its hauntingly musical cry.

Larger Entry Pic: http://www.brickshel...lliope_1_fx.jpg

Gallery (when public): http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=550312

I'm aware that this one is basically a glorified table-scrap. Don't expect him to actually win anything, but I figured I might as well toss him out there.

1. Cursed Ice King

2.15276299434_1a0a321c98_b.jpg

3. Centuries ago there was a King Teofedule who was aware of magic and sorcery. But once upon a time he got wind about the foreign invaders who were able to become disembodied and their swords could not pierce the armor.

Then Teofedule went went looking for answers to the Ice Palace lost at the top of the Peak of the World.

In one of the halls he discovered a manuscript named "Those who came out of the shadows."

The book describes the most weirdest creatures who attacked and destroyed the city of civilization which has created a library a centuries ago.

However, the scroll was in the Sacred Hall, guarded by powerful magic.

After the reading the King has lost sanity. He sensed how he begins to obey the forces and ice.

However, his will was strong enough to resist himself.

During the time that the King had been in the library he has changed.

The entire body, starting with the right hand, began to change, merging with an armor. After a while, the whole arm of the King became icy, and in addition it could instantly freeze anyone who touch it. But the governor opened the power of Frost. He has understood the element of Ice and called on the troops of Ice warriors and for repelling the invaders ...

To be continued? ..

Well, I might as well give this a go. Good luck regardless to all entrants!

Entry Name: Calamity Dragon

http://www.brickshel...ntest/image.jpg

A fierce beast wielding an enormous battle axe and a serious case of underbite has come to destroy the island of Okoto and all of its inhabitants! If the Toa are to succeed, they must find the masks of power and work together, though even then it will be a thing to topple! Just be careful of his fiery claws and vicious spikes, and hope he isn't hungry...

EDIT: Well thanks to the power of incompetence I forgot to edit the image properly. Hopefully you all can turn your heads 90 degrees so this may not be a problem. Or it might. Please don't sue me! :O

Edited by MakutaDreadscythe

Schatten

15730597417_55bbfc63c1_z.jpg

Story:

"Upon the fall of Teridax, peace finally seemed to have arrived. But they were wrong. From the deepest corner of the Mata Nui robot the shadows that were left behind took shape into a horrendous monster, calling itself the Schatten. The Schatten had only one mission: to find the remains and rebuild the once lost Great Kanohi, the Kraahkan."

Gallery:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/85475518@N03/sets/72157649534201952/with/15915773522/

Entry name : Rahengir

Entry pic :

raheng11.jpg

Short story : Rahengir is an ancient being, he is said to be the first Guardian of Okoto, and wears a mask much more powerful than anything Ekimu and Makuta could have forged: the Mask of Matter Control. He wants to destroy the Toa because he thinks they're too weak to protect Okoto, together with the Masks of Power, because he considers that their powers as ridiculous compared to his own Mask's power, and thus that they don't deserve to exist.

Kohiwi and Asesina

https://plus.google....sts/cR7GA2SPDNP

Kohiwi and Asesina are two Dark Hunters who have recently appeared on Okoto, searching for the Mask of Creation. Asesina belongs to a reptilian species whose ability to breath under water makes her a challenge for the Water Protectors and even Gali. Kohiwi is a four legged being whose keen intellect makes him difficult to predict. Both are veterans of countless battles and will stop at nothing to complete their mission.

Edited by EVO97

Entry Name: Kullsoom

Image:

Kullsoom was once a respectable member of a group of beings that lived inside the Mata Nui Robot. He is now the last of his kind, the result of an ordeal with a team of Toa. Driven by rage and craving revenge, he has become a bitterly cold and formidable villain...

Gallery: https://www.flickr.c...57649551272685/

Edited by JasonEffex

Entry name: Cepheus

Description: It doesn't make any sense to me to write a biography for my character as from what I've heard from NYCC this is a complete reboot of the Bionicle universe. So I want to tell you about why I decided to make it like that, to create a new design instead of making a revamp.

I chose this size due to the tradition of making the main villains big and massive, like Makuta in the Mask of Light. It's a humanoid as I wanted to avoid any comparisons to Rahi and animals. This also shows its intelligence. The claws on its hands and feet as well as the spine, the big horns and its teeth were added to make it look more aggressive. I've spent a lot of time on details as all the body parts of this MOC were made from scratch. The body of the MOC is probably the only exception - the base for it is three Mata bodies. I used tons of original Bionicle parts and pieces to show that my OC was a Bionicle, I also wanted to support the LEGO designers in their effort to bring mechanisms and other Bionicle classic aspects back. I hope I've managed to do it.

Entry picture:

15916328251_92d89966a1_b.jpg

Gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/th3ch0s3n0n3/sets/72157649137186140

Edited by The Chosen One

My entry is this guy: "Crimson Face". The pic is a link to a small gallery.

1edited_zps7319690f.jpg

"Legends tell of a mythical beast spawned from the volcanoes of Okoto. It once rose from the lava and wreaked havoc upon the Region of Fire, destroying all that stood in its path. Those who survived could only remember the creature's most striking detail: its shining crimson face. The monster has never been seen since, and some doubt that the legend is even true at all. Regardless, they cannot shake the fear that this creature is out there, and that someday it might come back."

Shadow_Bunny13's (Bunny_13) 1st entry to the Battle For The Golden Mask contest.

Entry Name: Ultimate Teridax

Link to image: http://imgur.com/JAHcfZZ

Link to lxf file: http://www.brickshel...ate_teridax.lxf

Description:

This build was inspired by several iterations of Teridax (or now just Makuta), including Makuta from BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui, Takutanuva from BIONICLE: Mask of Light, and the current depiction of Makuta from "The Legend" short animation released this year. It was built using LEGO Digital Designer and consists of 466 pieces.

Shadow_Bunny13's (Bunny_13) 2nd entry to the Battle For The Golden Mask contest

Entry Name: Malathyne

Link to image: http://imgur.com/1fpme1m

Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/dzjAn

Description:

Malanthyne's body was forged from pure darkness by an unknown spirit-like entity, and used as a vessel to house the being's spirit.

It's dark armor is impenetrable and it wears the bones of it's enemies like fashionable trophies. It's swords are crafted from many small bones, namely from fingers, spines and teeth and can channel Malanthyne's ghostly powers.

Edited by ShadowBunny13

My entry for the Battle for the Golden Mask contest: Zionous. Here he is; I hope the judges like him!

Description: Zionous is fairly off the map, or unrecognized, when people think of feared and powerful beings and villains, but that's for a horrifying reason. Most people who speak of him are lucky to be able to do so, as most who he encounters can never live to tell the tale. Though their broken and mutilated remains tell the story in place of words. Towering at 15 ft. (*4th wall* in my continuity, feet=inches, so he’s 15 ft. in the story, and15 in. in reality), this warlord has risen to create havoc and destruction once again, but on a much larger scale. No longer will only a few shudder and cringe at the mention of him... no, everyone.

fourth wall commentary: looking over the other entries on Eurobricks, I felt quite intimidated by quite a few of them. Even though I probably won’t get ranked here alone, I’m giving what is currently my best shot. I don’t have an account on mocpages or flikr, or anything of that nature, as I’ve just begun putting my work out there. I hope for the best to all my competitors, and may we all celebrate the return of Bionicle!

post-130257-0-96983800-1417400309_thumb.jpg

Entry 1: Ataran: The Demon of the Forge of Masks Photo: w3IodvV.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tahu descended into the darkness that enveloped the passage to the heart of the abandoned forge. The location was made even more intimidating as the sound of metal scraping on metal echoed throughout the chamber. He tried to convince himself that he was not afraid. Tahu ignited one of his swords as he continued. The air around him got stuffier and hotter with every step. His mission was simple: get to the center, and signal the others. The tunnel stopped as Tahu made his way into the main room. Lifting his sword, he could see some of the vast room. It was lined with rows of anvils, and littered with discarded tools, with the great furnace in the center. It was amazing to think that this dusty old place had once been the most productive mask forge on Okoto! Thoughts of what this place may have been like in its prime rushed through Tahu’s head: the incessant pounding of workers hammers, the thousands of hunched figures scrutinizing their masks for any flaws… Why had the fire tribe chosen to abandon this place? The demand for masks was as high as ever, and the place seemed like it was still in working condition… Why WAS this place abandoned!? Suddenly, a large burst of flame came from the main furnace, startling Tahu. A large, shadowed figure was revealed by the light. It moved toward the blaze, igniting its back, head, and claws. The figure pointed its beastlike claw at Tahu, while raising his lance. Fear struck Tahu like lightning as the monstrous figure moved close. Too close. Tahu was within its reach. He could see the demon clearly now.

“Mata Nui… It’s hideous…” he gasped, realizing why the forge was abandoned.

It was covered head to toe with many pieces of assorted armor, with spikes and flames piercing out of its back. His lance, too, was made of other assorted weapons. They looked like weapons a Toa would use Discarded parts? Or were they the remains of its unfortunate victims? The beast turned to face Tahu, and its glowing red eyes had a bloodthirsty look in them. Tahu was too stunned to move. The beast grabbed Tahu by the throat and lifted him off the ground. It towered over him like a mountain dwarfs a tree. The last thing Tahu heard before he blacked out was the beast bellowing:

“I WANT YOUR MASK!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry 2: Ataran: Warrior Form Photo: 7rkQNYD.jpg

Ataran awoke to the gentle, yet sinister voice coming from the shadows surrounding him.

“Arise, Ataran…” It beckoned.

Ataran slowly rose to his feet. He immediately noticed his body was much lighter now. The mish-mash of armor pieces he once called a chest plate were now fused neatly into one. His lance was replaced by two flaming broadswords.

“I am Makuta. And you are my servant.” The figure said, emerging from the shadow.

Ataran shook his head violently and swung his swords aimlessly, smashing a boulder in the process.

“I call no being ‘master’,” Ataran retorted.

“You are indebted to me,” Makuta snarled, “Would you rather I had left you to die at the hands of the Toa?”

“No…” Ataran reluctantly conceded.

He winced as he recalled the events that transpired. Tahu was in his grasp, his mask, and the power it contained, would have been assimilated into him… But Tahu’s team had intervened…What had Makuta called them…Toa…was it? The fire tribe must have called on these warriors! Makuta saw Ataran’s state of reflection, and saw his chance to act.

“I have renewed your armor for a reason Ataran,” Makuta said, “you can have Tahu’s mask powers, as well as all the Toa’s, as well as the legendary masks. That is…IF you choose to follow me.”

“Makuta made a good point,” Ataran thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry 3: Ringatahu Image Link: cx84rqO.jpg

Tahu was alone on the cliffs of Bara Magna. He was unknowing of the dangers that lurked behind him. The last Makuta It was a lowly shadow leech slithering across the baron, sandy landscape. He attempted to strike it but his efforts were useless against the shadow leeches' tactic of maneuvering around the blasts and clinging onto his leg. Tahu felt extreme pain and passed out. He awoke as a servant to Makuta.

sorry the real link for the photo is E3TkPwX.jpg

Entry 4: Demon of the Jungle (the real photo entry disgard the same photo in entry 3 just judge the one that is under it, the real one)

image link: cx84rqO.jpg

Worse than panthers.