VBBN

Battle For The Golden Mask Competition: Discussion Thread

My second entry is completed, but Oohmin is still my favorite. Time to brainstorm...

Edited by Zenerius

Just got done Bricklinking some pieces I needed for something new I'm really excited for.

I was also gonna ask:

With the entry, can I post a video to showcase a function?

Is it ok to edit photos, cleaning up edges/ lighting/ text for name? (basically anything that doesn't alter lego parts or colors of parts in the image.)

also would It be ok to have transparent parts "glow" ( like the eyes)?

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

Is it ok to edit photos, cleaning up edges/ lighting/ text for name? (basically anything that doesn't alter lego parts or colors of parts in the image.)

also would It be ok to have transparent parts "glow" ( like the eyes)?

Yes, that's totally fine. The better your photos, the better your chances.

Are we allowed to retake photos after we've posted them to make them look better?

I refer you to the official rules, which state: "Entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted, so give us your very best photography right from the start. "

So is the judging going to be based off of creativity in design, originality in concept, overall theme, consistency, photography or style?

So is the judging going to be based off of creativity in design, originality in concept, overall theme, consistency, photography or style?

To quote our rules:

The winning entries will be judged by the jury upon:

* Overall coolness and creativity

* Inspired originality

* Uniqueness

* Creative use of parts

While photography isn't mentioned, it definitely helps your cause to have awesome photos of your creation. If you take them on a dark night, in the fog, it's difficult for us to see how awesome your villain is. :-)

Edited by julochka

We know that already :sceptic:

When I posted that, the picture wasn't on the main post like it is now. So it wasn't technically known here till I posted it.

When I posted that, the picture wasn't on the main post like it is now. So it wasn't technically known here till I posted it.

Yes it was.

BTW, I started to build yesterday evening. WIP pics.

PS : 700th post. Yay !

Edited by Leewan

Already nearing completion of my third entry now (spoiler: Skull Spiders gave me inspiration for this one), but it's been frustrating because my laptop and LDD are not the best of mates, and the one thing it hates is complex CCBS builds like the one I'm trying to do, with plenty of complex shell angling... :wall: I normally avoid this kind of build I'm working on in computer programs, but hey, people do some crazy things to get their hands on a bit of gold :tongue:

Not that it's relevant to most builders (aside from anybody who grabbed the NYCC Tahu mask off of eBay) but are 2015 parts allowed at all?

Not that it's relevant to most builders (aside from anybody who grabbed the NYCC Tahu mask off of eBay) but are 2015 parts allowed at all?

Yes, 2015 parts are allowed.

Is removing printing off a piece considered modifying the part if said part is available in a non-printed form?

I had to add just a few more pieces to an already submitted entry because of a big flaw that would cause the model not to stand up in real life. Since this doesn't affect the aestethics of the set, I supposed that it would be alright, but I thought it would be better to ask first.

i am camping with a big disadvantage, i have no newer parts then 2009, when original bionicle ended, hopefully the galidor horror will compensate for this

I've decided to pick up some constraction parts for the first time in probably a year, built a head and it feels kinda nice. This is gonna be fun.

Hmm.....Started building mine today... whoops......

And a question, I don't think anyone has asked this but:

Are making custom masks allowed? And if they are, a way around the rule about modifying parts: Scratch build it :devil: . :wink: .

~Beltar

I've begun construction on my MOC, I'm starting with parts that are usually weak points for me when it comes to MOCing; Legs

Are making custom masks allowed? And if they are, a way around the rule about modifying parts: Scratch build it :devil: . :wink:

You must use Lego parts only :

Use of any toy parts not produced by the LEGO Group will result in your villain being disqualified