VBBN

Battle For The Golden Mask Competition: Discussion Thread

Trying to think of a fairly original concept for my next entry is difficult, especially considering the standard of entries to far.

Are connections via rubber bands gotten from LEGO sets allowed?

I found myself attaching two armor plates to legs via rubber bands.

I can only assume so, after all, even illegal connections are allowed so long as the pieces are solely un-modified LEGO parts.

Are connections via rubber bands gotten from LEGO sets allowed?

I found myself attaching two armor plates to legs via rubber bands.

Yes, just please make sure that the rubber bands are only the rubber bands found in official Lego sets.

Is it possible to submit an entry featuring villains as part of a team? For example a gold, a green and a purple bad guy working towards the same goal?

These would have to be separate entries.

I guess I have a pretty sub-par chance. I couldn't afford to get certain pieces, so I just threw in a couple of random vine pieces to give it that 'ancient' look. Oh well. I submitted my entry on BZPower already, so it wouldn't hurt to try here too.

Having never built with the CCBS system in-the-brick, I am not sure how my LDD model will turn out (or if I will even get a chance to finish it; fingers crossed!) Good luck to everyone!

Yes, just please make sure that the rubber bands are only the rubber bands found in official Lego sets.

These would have to be separate entries.

Does that include a villain riding a Rahi-like creature?

So many great contests and so little time, but that mask would be so cool to have.

I'm currently tryin to get something together for the Technic C-Model build, and as I'm going through a bin of loose CCBS/Technic parts, I start getting ideas for this bionicle villian.

Well now I totally gotta do both contests,.. in less than 3 weeks.

Having two awesome prize builds in the same month is almost cruel, but also very worth the challenge/s.

Cheers

CND

Such a shame.

The best Bionicle builder I know (who would probably DIE for that mask) is a LEGO employee.

I would have loved to have seen his creation for this contest.

Very sad. :cry_sad:

Does that include a villain riding a Rahi-like creature?

I think that's the exception to the one villain per entry rule, since the Rahi-like creature would most likely be classed as a steed in that case:

We want one villain per entry (a steed would be considered an accessory, so that's different)

Such a shame.

The best Bionicle builder I know (who would probably DIE for that mask) is a LEGO employee.

Sad ? It's not sad, it's a great news, it means we still have a chance to win. :tongue:

Such a shame.

We're all very lucky that Nick V is out. :P

Not saying you shouldn't or questioning your decision, but I'm genuinely curious why you would want to do that? I mean it only ups your chances of getting picked, having more entries and all. If you'd rather not say that's fine, sorry for shoving my nose up somebody's business.

Edited by WARHEAD

Not saying you shouldn't or questioning your decision, but I'm genuinely curious why you would want to do that? I mean it only ups your chances of getting picked, having more entries and all. If you'd rather not say that's fine, sorry for shoving my nose up somebody's business.

Because one of my entries have a modified piece I forgot about.

Which version of python do I use?

I've asked the rest of the contest hosts and we don't have an answer for that, I would recommend asking in the appropriate place in the LDD forum that was previously linked.

Can I remove a entry?

I will PM you.