Simon_S

Announcement

Hey friends

I have to tell you a bad announcement:

In a week, I'll go to military service for a year, maybe even two. I won't have any time for LEGO building during this period.

I hope to come back to the community and especially to the Guilds of Historica after this period of my life, but I don't know, because many things have changed recently and the LEGO building lost a lot of priority in the last time.

I had a great time with you guys and I will miss you all. You have been an important part in my life and I really hate to leave you. So now, I can do nothing else than simply saying goodbye. I wish you God's blessing for this community.

Goodbye

Simon Schweyer

Hope you don't regret joining the military, but I guess hiking some mountains in Switzerland is actually kinda cool. :wink:

Anyway, it was good having you here, take care!

PS: who am I exchanging my fleshy heads with now?

Damn. GoH is losing one of it's best members. I shall be sad to see you go, but stay safe, and I hope we see you back!

Sorry to hear this, but I hope you will come back to the community after that time!

An idea is to use all the boring time (which there is a lot of in military service, I'm talking out of own experience from 15 months "in the green") to come up with great landscaping techniques for your future builds :wink:

Its a bummer to see you have to leave... but best of luck to you!

Hope you don't regret joining the military, but I guess hiking some mountains in Switzerland is actually kinda cool. :wink:

If he is from where his country tag says he is from, then I don't think he really had a choice in the matter.

Stay safe and kick some bad guys megablocks Simon!!!

Wait a minute, has Switzerland an army???

Grrr, I have to change my plans of world domination :( :( :(

haha, just kidding, but seriously, has Switzerland an army???

Thank you guys for all the kind words and wishes.

Mike is right, I don't have a choice, because we have a militia here, so everybody has to go to military (or pay a lot - more than I have, so I don't have the choice). I'm also not happy to go there.

Maxim: We have a militia, that means every Swiss has a rifle in his cupboard and so we have quite a large army ;-).

Yep, when necessary, the Swiss will shoot at you. Just go back and look at what happened to some pilots (from both sides) in WWII.

Anyway, enjoy. Sounds like a great experience for a young person. Make the most of it!

Sorry to hear you won't be around for a while :cry_sad:

GoH won't be quite the same without you, though it will make it easier on the rest of us as far as winning contests...

Stay safe, I'll be looking forward to your return :classic:

It's been great to see your builds get better and better, too bad to see you go.

Come back if you're able!

Normally I would be compelled by moderator duties to move this to the community forum, but since you've been such a spectacular member, I will leave this thread up for a bit before I move it.

Thanks for the MOCs over the years Simon, you really have become quite the skilled builder! We wish you a fond farewell. Now drop and give me 20!

Hey friends

I have to tell you a bad announcement:

In a week, I'll go to military service for a year, maybe even two. I won't have any time for LEGO building during this period.

I hope to come back to the community and especially to the Guilds of Historica after this period of my life, but I don't know, because many things have changed recently and the LEGO building lost a lot of priority in the last time.

I had a great time with you guys and I will miss you all. You have been an important part in my life and I really hate to leave you. So now, I can do nothing else than simply saying goodbye. I wish you God's blessing for this community.

Goodbye

Simon Schweyer

May you serve your country well and be safe.

And if you don't mind me asking, what branch of military are you going into?