Veynom

[MOC] 614-AvA speeder bike (SW Rebels)

Here are my two attempts at the 614-AvA speeder bike from the Star Wars Rebels anime series.

First try:

15571254751_062e46f4a9_z.jpg

614-AvA speeder bike by Veynom, on Flickr

This is the largest version of the two. Quite strong and perfectly swooshable. Minigis fit perfectly on it.

15550551716_2bc8525e4c_z.jpg

And quickly followed by my second tentative:

15388395800_cdcc6ca635_z.jpg

Smaller in size, more elegant but much more fragile. Minifigs are not so well in place.

15574251955_a9efbf00a6_z.jpg

And a small comparison of the two:

15574021065_bb5672c2dd_z.jpg

614-AvA speeder bike comparison by Veynom, on Flickr

So which version do you prefer ?

And why ?

Some bonus picture, just because I can. ;)

15388113458_1fd00618eb.jpg

15550551716_2bc8525e4c.jpg

I agree with monty, great colors. And I also like the shape of this pair.

Nice little build, well done! As for shapes, proportions and correct size, I have to say I like the second version best. The speeder bikes aren't that huge, looking at the respective chase scene from the pilot episode while typing this.

Since I also dig the Rebels show, I'm wondering what to build next. What are you planning to build next?

Thank you all for your nice comments.

Nice little build, well done! As for shapes, proportions and correct size, I have to say I like the second version best. The speeder bikes aren't that huge, looking at the respective chase scene from the pilot episode while typing this.

Since I also dig the Rebels show, I'm wondering what to build next. What are you planning to build next?

The more I see them, the more I would like to combine some elements of the second into the first. And I would probably replace the brown leather seat by a dark red one as well.

As for what's next, this is a good question. I should finish a hangar bay I have started a while ago then Novvember is coming so really, I do not know yet what will be next.

First I have to say I think these are one the ugliest speeder bikes in the Star Wars universe! BUT this is a very nice MOC, I like the second one in particular, especially the color scheme, and it seems to be in minifig scale. Great job!