Hi all,

This is my creation for the Middle Earth Contest category C. This moc is from the second Hobbit movie (The Desolation of Smaug) and it depicts the scene where Thorin and company are attacked by the Mirkwood spiders in Mirkwood. This is one of my favourite scenes from the movie and therefore I chose to recreate it in Lego. My moc features the tree Bilbo climbed, the old elven path though Mirkwood, one Mirkwood spider and the Mirkwood forest floor. I would love to hear what you think of my moc and any improvement suggestions you may have. Hope you enjoy it.

The contest rules it say, "16 x 16 with minimal overhang". Could someone please let me know if my creation's overhang is too far. If so, I'll change it. Thanks.

https://www.flickr.c...04/15575444822/

https://www.flickr.c...th/15574570445/

Nice moc, Brotherhood!

The details are great. The tree and path look straight out of the film. It certainly has a "Mirkwoodsy" feeling. My only suggestion is to add more growth to the forest floor.

Good job and best of luck in the contest! :classic:

Edited by Sir Gareth

Hey awesome work Brotherhood!

Amall yet intriguing does bring back some nice memories! Good job!

Anything else to come?

The tree itself is well done here, the color scheme from the official set works really well to capture the dark of Mirkwood. You have added enough spider webs for detail and the most important detail: MUSHROOMS

I think you could have possibly added your own spider and not the one from the set, to put more effort and your own style in it, but mushrooms still take the cake :laugh: