@Targi I was about to post the same as Milan just did...

A single topic with multiple MOCs in it will make sure all your builds stay visible to the reader. But a single topic per MOC will create more focus on an individual build. So yeah, it's all about your personal preference. 

And don't be scared by size comparisons: some of the best MOCs are the ones with the smallest amount of pieces...

Edited by Rudivdk

For introduction You can create one topic, put there all those small MOCs. Then, when something new, then create new topic for that moc.

Welcome.

The most important rule about the Technic Pub is....we don't talk about Technic... :laugh:
There's a  General Technic Discussion topic which you can find in the Index.

This topic is used for other stuff.... like Merry Christmas to all of you! 

On a totally different note; is anyone here into miniature painting (for board games etc)?

6 hours ago, Jim said:

On a totally different note; is anyone here into miniature painting (for board games etc)?

Not miniatures, but I do use airbrush for painting rolling stock for a model railway and sometimes static car kits.

Merry Christmas.  I used to paint model trains when I was younger and could see the small fine details.  :pir_laugh2:

On 12/30/2020 at 7:20 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Why does the Technic forum carry Star Wars banner and theme?

The Force, uh, finds a way.

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah, Bosuzoku culture did translate well into the Racers theme. Some of the cars had some cool technical solutions, like the rear-mounted steering control in the Nitro Muscle.

I think you meant kaido racers instead of Bōsōzoku. Though it is certain they can be seen together. afaik Bōsōzoku are bike gangs usually modifying their bikes a similar way to this:

Image - Bōsōzoku motorcycle.jpg | Hot Wheels Wiki | FANDOM ...

Kaido racers are varying in style, but similar to this:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.8D3PXiTz4fSGkNz92CbdnQHaE7%26pid%3DApi&f=1

As far as Lego's "Power Racers" go, I find them inspired by early 00's modifications, where many were competing to make their car stand out visually and not always functionally (bodykits, chrome, big subwoofers...) Here's an example from Australia:

----------

Sorry to bring it here, but I believe it would be far-fetched for lego discussion)))

Edited by syclone

On 12/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, Jim said:

The most important rule about the Technic Pub is....we don't talk about Technic... :laugh:
There's a  General Technic Discussion topic which you can find in the Index.

This topic is used for other stuff.... like Merry Christmas to all of you! 

I am on minuture painting (although not very often, lately). May I ask you why do you ask? I am curious ;). 

2 minutes ago, HectorMB said:

I am on minuture painting (although not very often, lately). May I ask you why do you ask? I am curious ;). 

Because that's one of my other hobbies. I must I am usually alternating between LEGO and board games (and painting). Now I am into LEGO again hehe.

Btw, I haven't painted much. Was working on some old HeroQuest miniatures. How about yourself?

I loved to paint Confrontation/Rackham miniatures, Hordes/Warmachine, and also Infinity (a nice game, indeed). But, to really enjoy the painting, i moved to a little big bigger models, such 56 or 86 mm.

More or less, happens the same to me: having a 4-years old kid around, paiting is not as easy as it was, while lego is. At least, i can do Lego during the night without having my eyes bleeding! ;)

1 hour ago, weavil said:

While I am waiting for parts for the competition, I've been working on instructions for my mini crane. How am I doing so far? 

Mini Crane Instructions W.I.P.

Perhaps you should start a dedicated topic for mini crane

Anyone operating some cool machines for his work? I like to get to know new machines, making special things or everyday items. Have seen many already as a service technician for several companies. Some of them blow your mind if you see how a 'simple' item is made, like an IKEA basket. Metal stretching machines, robot arms, robot welders, bending machines just for a 1€ basket.

I took a course on a Bridgeport mill once, I thought I had signed up to learn a different tool so I was pretty surprised when I got there. Normally I operate 3D printers (plastic and resin), laser cutters, and sometimes CNC mills. 

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps you should start a dedicated topic for mini crane

I was going to post on it when the instructions were done. But I was trying to get input since I haven't made instructions before.

I had a job operating a CNC machine that milled out an automotive transmission part.  Every so often the machine seemed to get possesed by evil spirits.  I opened the door and screamed oh my gcode in horror seeing the part terribly mutilated.  Reboot it and it'll run fine for rest of the shift.

9 hours ago, Mr Jos said:

Anyone operating some cool machines for his work? I like to get to know new machines, making special things or everyday items. Have seen many already as a service technician for several companies. Some of them blow your mind if you see how a 'simple' item is made, like an IKEA basket. Metal stretching machines, robot arms, robot welders, bending machines just for a 1€ basket.

I kind of used to. Twenty years of machineshop operations for the aviation industry. Mostly mannual machines as it was more repair or copy to blanks rather than production based cnc. Some of the stuff you see on YouTube these days are mind blowing. But also a very good resource as well. 

I operated a hot-wire foam cutting machine during my first job. It was a stock hobby machine but I designed a proper table for it and fixed it's jerky motion (backlash compensation to the spindle was added).
Simple decoration manufacturing, so designing and implementing these modifications was much more interesting than operating the machine itself.

I have used vertical milling machine, horizontal milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, mig, Tig and arc welders, metal shears, metal benders, form rollers, bench press, CNC mill.....lots of machines lol. I haven't used a shaper or an EDM machine.

Wow.... can't believe this thread has not been touched since JUL. Anyways... Hope everyone is having  a good holiday season.  Went back to my parents to visit this season.  FOund  my old Legos.  Found bits of these little treasures in with them (not mine, pic from internet): 

s-l1600

Anyone remember Construx?  From like the 80's?  Fisher Price.  Here are some of my old pieces- 

20211224_121456

20211224_215244

Brought back so many memories....