...leave Lego at home and enjoy the landscapes!! Have fun!!

Thanks. That's probably the best idea. I am carrying quite some photo/video gear, so I won't be able to bring a LEGO model to the Grand Canyon anyway.

I've done a similar trip last year for my honeymoon but with car. Well...leave Lego at home and enjoy the landscapes!! Have fun!!

+1! Have a good trip!

Do you guys have any pictures online? Seems like a popular trip :laugh:

Thanks. That's probably the best idea. I am carrying quite some photo/video gear, so I won't be able to bring a LEGO model to the Grand Canyon anyway.

But maybe you favourtite Minifig....and a just one pics for every place!

Do you guys have any pictures online? Seems like a popular trip :laugh:

Not online...I have to do an album on my flickr...sooner or later :grin:

But maybe you favourtite Minifig....and a just one pics for every place!

We have a selection of Minifigs for certain occasions, so I will be taking pictures with these figs during our trip. My girlfriend thinks this is cool too.

Not online...I have to do an album on my flickr...sooner or later :grin:

Maybe my pictures will motivate you to do so!

Maybe my pictures will motivate you to do so!

I'm considering going home to lunch, take the selection (I've done something like 3600 pics in total) and upload them to Flickr in a few hours ...so yes, you have motivated me!! :laugh:

I'm considering going home to lunch, take the selection (I've done something like 3600 pics in total) and upload them to Flickr in a few hours ...so yes, you have motivated me!! :laugh:

Great :laugh:

3600 is quite a few. I will probably end up with a similar collection. Besides shooting photos, I bringing my new GoPro, so I will venture into shooting video as well.

Great :laugh:

3600 is quite a few. I will probably end up with a similar collection. Besides shooting photos, I bringing my new GoPro, so I will venture into shooting video as well.

Well, I shoot something like 100 pics just for do a 4 seconds video of the stars moving in the Monument Valley. :grin:

Hey guys,

Like stated in the TC8 topic, I will be away for a few weeks. Tomorrow, me and Kitty (my girlfriend) will depart from Amsterdam to the West Coast of the US for a four week trip. We will start with an 18 day motorhome trip (Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Page, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Las Vegas, Yosemite and HW1) followed by a few days LA and finishing it with a relaxing cruise along the coastline (between San Fransisco and Ensenada, Mexico).

If you like, I can post a few pictures now and then. I originally planned to bring a Technic set and do a Review during my trip, but I figured I can better do a review at home and spend my time away from the computer.

The contest is up-and-running so Milan will take care of that.

I will be online sometimes, but I will minimize my online activity. So be nice and I will see you in a couple of weeks :sweet:

You are heading to my old stomping grounds. Enjoy the trip, and let me know what place you like the best. If you have have some time, make sure you hike down a portion of the Grand Canyon. You will get a better impression of how large it is.

You are heading to my old stomping grounds. Enjoy the trip, and let me know what place you like the best. If you have have some time, make sure you hike down a portion of the Grand Canyon. You will get a better impression of how large it is.

I definitely will. We have two full days in GC, so we will do a Helicopter tour and a full hike down into the Canyon. Really looking forward to GC!

I've just added the Album on my flickr account:

https://www.flickr.c...157658018350840

Sweet! Checking them out right away...

I've just added the Album on my flickr account:

https://www.flickr.c...157658018350840

Did you actually do some "panning and shooting"? (the cab for example)

Nice!

Sweet pictures!! Some pretty awesome shots. For me, it's a nice impression of what's to come!

Did you actually do some "panning and shooting"? (the cab for example)

Nice!

Sweet pictures!! Some pretty awesome shots. For me, it's a nice impression of what's to come!

If "panning and shooting" means...shoot with a longer exposure following the movement of the subject....yes I've done! :classic:

My pics could give you an Idea, but with your eyes it's totally another story!

Again, have a good trip ... and well, a few pictures when you come back wouldn't hurt !! :laugh:

Jim - I'd recommend the mule ride down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, or the half track ride in Canyon de Chelly, or just about anywhere you go in the four corners/NV/CA area is fantastic

If "panning and shooting" means...shoot with a longer exposure following the movement of the subject....yes I've done! :classic:

My pics could give you an Idea, but with your eyes it's totally another story!

Again, have a good trip ... and well, a few pictures when you come back wouldn't hurt !! :laugh:

Yup.

http://digital-photography-school.com/mastering-panning-to-photograph-moving-subjects/

I will definitely post some pictures along the way. I have been working on a travel website recently. It's nowhere near finished, but I will post some stories over there. I will share the link.

Jim - I'd recommend the mule ride down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, or the half track ride in Canyon de Chelly, or just about anywhere you go in the four corners/NV/CA area is fantastic

I will keep that in mind, thanks. I think we already planned a hike, but I am not sure which one :look:

And here is the time lapse:

The time lapse is pretty cool!!

I have purchased a Motolapse, especially for time lapse shots.

I will keep that in mind, thanks. I think we already planned a hike, but I am not sure which one :look:

South Kaibab is my favorite in GC. Also Havasupi is amazing, but a little off the beaten path.

I've done pretty much the exact same tour way back in '96, except for the "HW1" part - we got as far as Carmel, then the motorhome broke down. Oh well, better there than at the start of the trip. BTW, do not ever break down in Carmel coz we had three cop cars circling us within 5 minutes. I'm not kidding. (OK, 2 out of 3 were private security). It was actually a good thing since they arranged a tow truck and all that (can't have broken down cars unsettling the views in Carmel, now can we?).

By the time it got fixed we had about 12 hours to spare to catch our flight out of LAX, so in stead of taking one or two days to complete HW1 which was the original plan, we plummeted as fast as we could along HW5. Even with the prospect of missing our flight (or getting locked up with the key thrown away for outdriving sportscars in a 6 tonne motorhome on an HW :laugh: ), that could only have been more boring if we had taken valium in illegal amounts. We did get to see a trillion cows though…

We did also sneak in some time in Moab, mainly for Canyonlands and Arches NP. TBH I wasn't expecting much (I mean when compared to Bryce, GC and Yosemite and all that), but it turned out to be one of the most fun parts of the trip, mainly because literally nobody else was there - which ~really~ makes you appreciate the size of it all - but also because we rented a Jeep to drive around the parks, which have plenty of legal offroad paths.

Now I want to go back. I hate you :classic: .

(don't forget to sample a Double Western Bacon and Cheese burger at a Carls' Jnr. I'm again not kidding. And now I really want to go back).

Edited by JimDude

The time lapse is pretty cool!!

I have purchased a Motolapse, especially for time lapse shots.

I would think you would make one out of LEGO. :laugh:

Bon voyage!

I am also for the plan that you minimize Lego activity (not cancel it, just minimize it) and enjoy your vacation, and take a lots of pictures, especially in the RV part of the trip!

I would think you would make one out of LEGO. :laugh:

Bon voyage!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I am planning to use the GoPro for the video parts of my review, so maybe I will build a dolly or something out of LEGO.

I am also for the plan that you minimize Lego activity (not cancel it, just minimize it) and enjoy your vacation, and take a lots of pictures, especially in the RV part of the trip!

Thanks! Four weeks of quality time will make up for my hobbies during the rest of the year :laugh:

South Kaibab is my favorite in GC. Also Havasupi is amazing, but a little off the beaten path.

We have been looking into South Kaibab. Could very well be the one.

Now I want to go back. I hate you :classic: .

(don't forget to sample a Double Western Bacon and Cheese burger at a Carls' Jnr. I'm again not kidding. And now I really want to go back).

Sorry about that :laugh:

I will look into Carls' Jnr. I love a proper burger!

I'm a bit on the opposite side, I was on vacation, I was giving vacation to someone and no building for more than a month, but I'm in business again. Only one vacation left: Transylvania, surveying old houses in small villages and making architectural drawings of them.

Only one vacation left: Transylvania, surveying old houses in small villages and making architectural drawings of them.

Sounds like the beggining of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Edited by Milan

*Waves hand at Jim,then rubs both hands together while chuckling to himself.

Have a good trip. :classic:

:laugh:

Enjoy your trip Jim :thumbup: .

Thanks! We'll catch up after my trip!