jEm8xLR.jpg

I use a motorized pneumatic pump, pressuring the Lego airtank with a valve on a servo...

I simply blow out full pressure (3-4 bar) in the top of the little (10ml) water filled flask, the bottom hose connects to the nozzle on the hood.

I made a hole in the bottom and put a pneumatic connector in it, used some hotglue to watertight it.

So yeah, you,ll need to sacrifice one pneumatic connector en 2 cm of hose, could be done with an extra Lego airtank I guess, but it will be hard to fill up.

10ml is ok to squirt arround the room, it will only get you a wet sock....

FJuYmbR.jpg

With two airtanks you could stay 100% Lego, no mods if you do it like this... use a seringe to fill the watertank from outside the model

(edit) tilt the watertank 90° so pressure is on top and output on the bottom.

Edited by Permo

I thought the Pub is for non-LEGO stuff. I wouldn't shoot water on solid hardwood flooring after installing my first floor. Floor manufacturer's care instructions say only clean with damp cloth or mop. Wipe up spills immediately.

Air tools make the install much easier. Plus the air compressor can be used for other things. :wink:

fl06.jpg

fl08.jpg

fl00.jpg

Wheels roll much nicer than on the old carpeting.

floor1.jpg

If you can build LEGO, you can build a tongue and groove floor.

40 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Plus the air compressor can be used for other things.

Let's see the air compressor. That one is the juice.

Very nice flooring, I love it. And of course the Singer :pir-love:

Best
Thorsten

On 12/28/2021 at 5:30 PM, dr_spock said:

If you can build LEGO, you can build a tongue and groove floor

Looking good, Dr. Spock.

I've done about 2000 square feet of flooring, plus stairs - almost the entire house, but strangely enough, not the LEGO room!

On 12/27/2021 at 11:45 PM, Permo said:

I use a motorized pneumatic pump, pressuring the Lego airtank with a valve on a servo...

I simply blow out full pressure (3-4 bar) in the top of the little (10ml) water filled flask, the bottom hose connects to the nozzle on the hood.

I made a hole in the bottom and put a pneumatic connector in it, used some hotglue to watertight it.

So yeah, you,ll need to sacrifice one pneumatic connector en 2 cm of hose, could be done with an extra Lego airtank I guess, but it will be hard to fill up.

10ml is ok to squirt arround the room, it will only get you a wet sock....

Thanks for the description and photos! Cool concept and very well executed

Happy New Year!

On 12/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, Toastie said:

Let's see the air compressor. That one is the juice.

Very nice flooring, I love it. And of course the Singer :pir-love:

Best
Thorsten

Thanks.  It's a small compressor I originally bought for working on my car.  Impact wrenches are great at breaking rusted nuts loose. My wife won't let me add a motor with PWM control to her Singer.  :pir_laugh2:

compressor.jpg

On 12/29/2021 at 7:49 PM, JGW3000 said:

Looking good, Dr. Spock.

I've done about 2000 square feet of flooring, plus stairs - almost the entire house, but strangely enough, not the LEGO room!

Thanks. Next on my list is the upstair hallway.  I think my carpeted stairs are going to be difficult. Did you have to put in new treads and railings for your stairs?  I might leave my LEGO space carpeted since LEGO pieces don't seem to bounce quite as far away when dropped on carpet.

Thought I'd just pop in to have a look around here, and Happy new year everybody! Hope everybody had the time to celebrate the new year (or grieve for the old year :laugh:)!

2 hours ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Hope everybody had the time to celebrate the new year

Oh yes! Happy New Year everyone!

Just finished fixing the good old Sony 5-1 surround sound amp, which we bought in 1998 from Circuit City in Tustin/CA. It runs off from a 220/110 Transformer (yes, a plain vanilla transformer - no fancy step-whatever electronic converter - as do the other components (cassette player - double-deck!), and FM tuner. The VCR has gone bye bye some decade ago and was replaced with another one - the 2001 400 CD changer needs repair as well - used cheap rubber bands I found in the kitchen last time).

sony_amp_1997-6.jpg

The on/off-key was broken - superglue is your friend - and the relay contacts connecting the preamp(s) to the main amp required a little contact spaying :pir-huzzah2:.

on-off_switch_lever.jpg

Removed the trans-clear cover of the relay, did some thorough contact cleaning, sprayed a bit more here and there, cleaned up and: Bingo! It was a nightmare though to get the thing back into the "rack", as there is also the TV set, another box and this 110/129 and 220/240 power need ... worked out as well.

So it was a good start into the New Year, I guess. 

Here is to the next decade :pir-huzzah2:

Best
Thorsten 

The sun is out with a vengeance. High 30 degrees which is not common in nz or rather is starting to become the norm.

The forests close for a month so we switch over to hauling finished products for another company just to clear the backlog ( excuse the pun ). It's been a busy year despite covid-19 and 2022 looks to be just as busy. So certainly more lego watching than building for another year. 

https://bricksafe.com/files/brickless_kiwi/eurobricks/test/20211119_134021.jpg/800x600.jpg

12 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Thanks. Next on my list is the upstair hallway.  I think my carpeted stairs are going to be difficult. Did you have to put in new treads and railings for your stairs?  I might leave my LEGO space carpeted since LEGO pieces don't seem to bounce quite as far away when dropped on carpet.

The upstairs hallway was a bit nerve-racking, as it was not parallel - but managed to get it done and its straight down the center with molding hiding the rough edges. Fortunately, the stairs were already hardwood, but had been carpeted, just needed refinishing after ripping the carpet off; but the back stairs are still unfinished, may just paint them as they are hidden. Getting overlay treads and risers is a real bunch of megablocks, good luck on finishing yours. 

Hey everyone - long-time user and I have a bit of a conundrum here so thought I would just reach out to the community for help.  Jim, if you feel this better fits somewhere else feel free to move it.  I would like to reach the most users on here if possible.  

Problem - when I created my youtube channel I did so with my university email at the time, which then created a google account with that email.  However, I have been alerted that the university will be discontinuing its relationship with gmail by the end of this month.  I have moved all my data, so that is not a problem.  But my channel, all my playlists, videos, subscribers, etc. are all linked to that email.  I am afraid that once that account is expired, I will lose my channel as well.  

The easy fix would be to change the email address the channel is affiliated with.  But, because it is a university account, it is not allowing me to do that.  I have tried to reach out to the YT community, with no luck.  Wondering if anyone has any ideas or knows someone in the YT community that could help?  Again, the issue is the primary email address I used to create my channel will be discontinued by the end of the month.  I guess my questions are two-fold.  (1) If the email and its affiliated gmail account is expired, does this mean that I will lose my channel? If I lose my channel does that mean all my videos get taken down from YT?  and (2) if so is there a way to move all my content to a new gmail account so that I don't lose everything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   It is a small channel and therefore not super important, but it does involve my work in this hobby for the past 8 years and I would really hate to lose it.  Not to mention all my music and other playlists....

Maybe Your university can conatct Youtube, send some e-mail, to transfer Your account.

@nerdsforprez is it calling your account a “brand account” I had to move a channel to a different account once from a brand account and it was a PITA; took three weeks! What you can do is “add an account to a team” through your brand account (add your new account), promote to editor and wait an entire week, than change that account’s role to owner. I don’t have the full instructions on me but can try to find them.

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

@nerdsforprez is it calling your account a “brand account” I had to move a channel to a different account once from a brand account and it was a PITA; took three weeks! What you can do is “add an account to a team” through your brand account (add your new account), promote to editor and wait an entire week, than change that account’s role to owner. I don’t have the full instructions on me but can try to find them.

I read something about moving to a different brand account as well. 

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you need to go down this road:

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-move-youtube-content-to-a-new-google-account

Thank you all for the information.  I will look into all these options.  @Jim - I used the link you provided with success for moving all playlists.  I will look into the rest about transferring to new brand account.  

3 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Yes, TY for this.  If you find the instructions please let me know.  I will look as well. What @Jimsent seems to have them as well, but it appears as though this will take some time.  I will have to work on things later, but for now this is all very helpful.  

18 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Any luck?   I have been searching all day.  I can open a new channel, under my current "account" but it is still under the same gmail account. Which does not make sense because when I follow the instructions from Jim's posting it says a new google accoutn will be created.  

Why this is a problem is because it is the original gmail account that will be deleted by my school and all the content, and therefore the channels, even if I create multiple channels and move my content from one channel to the other.  

Welp!  I am sad to report that my channel will likely disappear.  I cannot spend any more time on this and because it is a school account it looks like it cannot be moved.  

It was a very small channel.  Nothing big.  But I had fun.   Still will build, but I cannot see me really trying to build a channel ever again...

19 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Im not totally sure what you mean.  It is calling the account a school account, not really a brand account.  But it is being held to the same restrictions, i.e. I cannot change the affiliate email address.  But, I did add my new account as the "manager" - it allowed me to do that, and now when I log on with my new gmail account it allows me to access my channel's content.  But still cannot move it to my knowledge.  And if I cannot move it - still afraid it might be deleted.  If I can be changed from manager to "owner" I am sure I can change the affiliate email address from a @***.edu account to a @gmail account.  But not seeing that option at the moment...

9 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Im not totally sure what you mean.  It is calling the account a school account, not really a brand account.  But it is being held to the same restrictions, i.e. I cannot change the affiliate email address.  But, I did add my new account as the "manager" - it allowed me to do that, and now when I log on with my new gmail account it allows me to access my channel's content.  But still cannot move it to my knowledge.  And if I cannot move it - still afraid it might be deleted.  If I can be changed from manager to "owner" I am sure I can change the affiliate email address from a @***.edu account to a @gmail account.  But not seeing that option at the moment...

You have to physically, legitimately, wait an entire week in order to let the new account you added be allowed to be set to owner. It’s ridiculous, but it was implemented to prevent hackers from stealing people’s channels. After the week passes, you should see a new option besides editor and manager where you can transfer ownership of the channel to the new account. When you sign in to that new account, you can select the channel you want to use by clicking your profile photo and looking down the pop up list. I haven’t come across the instructions yet but will update when I do.

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

It is calling the account a school account, not really a brand account.

I think for an educational account or a business account you are out of luck according to YouTube help.  You probably just need to download your videos and reupload them to a new channel.  I guess you can only download one at a time with the YouTube management interface which might be painful if you have a lot but there are also lots of 3rd party apps for downloading YouTube content.  Some of them claim to be able to download entire channels in one go.  But they are more intended for watching videos, you may not get exact copies of the original source files.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283?hl=en

Move your YouTube channel to another account

You can move your channel and its videos over from one account to another. Note that if your account is a supervised account or a work or school account, you cannot move your channel.

7 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

You have to physically, legitimately, wait an entire week in order to let the new account you added be allowed to be set to owner. It’s ridiculous, but it was implemented to prevent hackers from stealing people’s channels. After the week passes, you should see a new option besides editor and manager where you can transfer ownership of the channel to the new account. When you sign in to that new account, you can select the channel you want to use by clicking your profile photo and looking down the pop up list. I haven’t come across the instructions yet but will update when I do.

Thanks.  I will wait the allotted time to see if it gives me that option.  

6 hours ago, mdemerchant said:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283?hl=en

Move your YouTube channel to another account

You can move your channel and its videos over from one account to another. Note that if your account is a supervised account or a work or school account, you cannot move your channel.

Exactly, this is what I found as well.  This is why I posted what I did last night.  I do not think it is possible.  Think its time for me to learn and move on. But TY for the response...