It is a bit soon but I will certainly not have the opportunity to do this "on time".

So I wish you, in advance, a happy new year. I really wish the best for all EB's members: work and personal happiness, success, especially when reading the earlier posts! And also, I hope the community will last long and Lego will surprise us in a good manner. 

Please, give us an ultimate Mustang, it is far more iconic than a Bugatti for most people!

As a personal improvement, I will create a dedicated topic for my creations (like others have already done). This will be the opportunity to share more concepts, which will not necessarily be included into finished models :classic:

Just ahd a small question that didn't feel like it merited a separate topic, and didn't seem to fit anywhere else.

I've been wanting to get myself some large linear actuators, and was wanting to see what the price is on the Bricks & Pieces service LEGO, but it's shown "sold out" for the past 3-ish weeks.

Am I just looking at a bad time, or are they not in production ATM?

If they aren't, I'll probably just use Bricklink.

@MisteryMan I don't remember to see large actuators (also pneumatics) for sale on Bricks & Pieces, but I just checked on Replacement Parts: https://www.lego.com/hu-hu/service/replacementparts/sale

XL actuator 40918, approx 10 Euro (similar prices on Bricklink)

Small actuator 92693 is also there for 2,30 Euro (you can find 50% price usually on Bricklink)

The normal large actuator 61927 is unfortunately not on stock, sold ~3-4 Euro on Bricklink.

I would say, it is worth to collect required parts, and shop at once, at least you can save a bit on shipment.

Edited by agrof

@agrof Ah, that's where I was looking, guess I got the name wrong.

And yeah, looks like the oprices for the mLA/XL LA that I saw. Main problem I have when LEGO shopping is I'm in Canada, and most stuff is either somewhere in Europe (shipping charges can get high), or the States (import charges are a pain). Which was why I was hoping to get some on the replacement bricks service, flat shipping rate, made an order on their a few weeks ago actually, hoping it gets here today, or tomorrow, as I got a replacement for my pneumatic pump that failed, and some pieces so I can make some proper suspension, among other things.

@MisteryMan BTW, your vote in TC17 is not correct, please modify it, otherwise it will be disqualified. All the text can be added in the end, but the numbers must be kept clean for the script, which will make the summ. See Jim's description. 

@agrof Thanks, guess I misunderstood stood it, fixed now,except I can't get rid of the spoiler, I'll try when I'm on my desktop later. 

Something strange happened today :)

rebrickable sent me an e-mail, that they will not send me news atc. e-mails, as I haven't clicked on links in previous e-mails from them. If it is true, this ir really cool.

I just noted, I got a Rank label! 

Still wondering if it is positive or negative, but do feel some self-criticism here. :grin:

Edited by agrof

On 3/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, agrof said:

I just noted, I got a Rank label! 

Still wondering if it is positive or negative, but do feel some self-criticism here. :grin:

:tongue: :wink:

It's called a title btw, and you can be proud of it :laugh:

1 hour ago, Lipko said:

Home office for uncertain time...

I understood that a lot more LEGO sets are shipped to Italy (and probably other countries) at the moment.

For me it will be mostly home office too, which was already the case last week.

19 minutes ago, Lipko said:

Home office for uncertain time...

For me it's Home-lessons until the 8th of April

Btw it's my first post in this topic...

Edited by Touc4nx
Italic line

Just now, suffocation said:

You know the lockdown's getting stuffy when the wine outweighs the Lego.

Wish I was so lucky - have some 60 kg of Lego :D

I took out all my LEGOs, and started to MOCing a bit. Trying to bring the best out of the situation.

I am sure, the worst part will hit in the next weeks, actually I don't mind the economical effect - this full gas capitalism has to stop somewhere, maybe this is the time. Mankind must rethink and change paradigm, for sake of survive. Now I realise how well my title suits to me! Thank You @Jim:classic:

Till that, consumption focus on primer needs, and take my responsibility for each other (see: least physical interaction as possible).

Edited by agrof

I just realised that 42069 has only 38 dark purple parts out of the total 2382.

It would have been so nice if it had been released with common colours instead. We would have had the wheel arch in red, black, or white.

The purple palette is so limited, and the colour itself is not universally appreciated.

Because of so many different colours being used across technic sets, it is impossible to build a colour consistent MOC even if you own a decent number of sets. Bricklinking almost becomes compulsory. Adults have the luxury of having that freedom, but kids will mostly not be able to buy from bricklink.

Are all these diverse colours needed to make the sets look attractive on shelves? I am not convinced.

I am. 

If technic just consisted of red, yellow, white and black models I would be bored out of my skull. The technic isle in the stores would look the same each year. That doesn't help attracting customers. 

I get why you think it's a problem, and that getting parts for a monochrome MOC can be very difficult. 

However, have you considered not building single-colour MOCs? Rare colours can also be used to add a bit of flair to otherwise plain builds:

supbro01911_002

Stilzkin Bridge Launcher

6 hours ago, iLego said:

I just realised that 42069 has only 38 dark purple parts out of the total 2382.

The Technic Pub is for NON LEGO related conversation :wink:

Good point here.

But is there a topic for talking about technic for anything that doesn't belong to a fixed category ?

I know there's the general technic help and the axle collection thread but I didn't find anything else.

Something like what did you build lately, general ideas and so on (set or moc we bought, build or plan to build, wip, even if it's still possible to open some wip topic if needed, or post in the appropriate topic if pointed out). Even for really small project that don't need their own topic like some afternoon project...

That's generally something I like in a forum as it keep it alive without starting a new "what technic set should I buy ," every week.

What do you think about it Jim ?

1 hour ago, fosamax said:

Thanks for refreshing my memory !

No problem :thumbup:

We also have an index with interesting/important topics. I know it's out-of-date, but the most important topics are in it.

20 hours ago, mahjqa said:

However, have you considered not building single-colour MOCs?

Sure, that's we do all the time because of parts shortage (or laziness :classic:). But I was talking about building colour consistent MOCs.

20 hours ago, mahjqa said:

Rare colours can also be used to add a bit of flair to otherwise plain builds:

The examples you have shared are fantastic builds. But I would not be surprised if the parts for them also come from a large number of sets (or supplemented by bricklink), especially the first two ones.

I have a question for which I couldn’t find a proper thread. 

Since my dark ages ended, I’ve been casually building Technic for, then with my daughter. In addition to sets, there was some mods and MOCs which were amusing for us to build and play with, but nothing big by this forum’s standards. 

Recently, I participated in a local Technic contest with a model of a motor grader, and after the contest ended, I felt an urge to post my entry on Eurobricks. Can you please suggest me what is the most appropriate way:

- to start a new thread for each “significant” model such as my contest entry, or

- to create a personal thread and post everything, including simple MOCs, in this thread?

Edit: In other words, is there an accepted way to share small MOCs and mods on the forum? I surely don’t think they are worth a separate thread each, as they are too simple and insignificant. 

Example small MOC: http://warmland.ru/direct/buggy.jpg

Edited by Targi
Additional question

37 minutes ago, Targi said:

but nothing big by this forum’s standards.

No need to think like this. There are no "forum's standards" regarding quality or size of build. We have both people that just started building, and we have pros that work with the Lego company, and everything in between. And we welcome everyone, and like to see and comment each and every creation. So please do not feel like you are supposed to meet some unwritten standards. Just follow the site guidelines and enjoy the forum. :thumbup:

37 minutes ago, Targi said:

Edit: In other words, is there an accepted way to share small MOCs and mods on the forum? I surely don’t think they are worth a separate thread each, as they are too simple and insignificant.

That is entirely up to you. Someone prefers to post each creation in a separate topic, while someone else might want to organize them into one big topic. Since you said you had mostly smaller models, it may be better idea to post them in one topic.
Again, no one will object whatever you decide. :wink: