@dr_spockI have designed a few custom parts, but not yet in TPU. I think it might not be springy enough, but maybe for cool-looking airless tires?

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

I really struggled to decide if I should post the following, but I have noticed that it has colored my posts on this forum, so I figured that I owe you all some kind of explanation:  Mrs Cumulonimbus and me were expecting a future Eurobricker of our own, but it was not meant to be and now we aren’t anymore. I will not go into any more detail and probably will take a break from this forum to avoid more frustration fueled posts.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

2 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

I really struggled to decide if I should post the following, but I have noticed that it has colored my posts on this forum, so I figured that I owe you all some kind of explanation:  Mrs Cumulonimbus and me were expecting a future Eurobricker of our own, but it was not meant to be and now we aren’t anymore. I will not go into any more detail and probably will take a break from this forum to avoid more frustration fueled posts.

Really sorry to hear about this, hope the future brings you better days!

@Cumulonimbus : I know how you feel. Luckily, life blessed me and my lady with two great boys after... stay strong and don't give up.

Best regards,

Miha

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Me and my wife are also in a similar situations. It looks that there will never be a baby in our lives, but there is not a reason. 

I think what you feel now is even worse.

But life can be very surprising sometimes, so never give up, and good luck for the future!

7 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

For what it's worth, I have dealt with the same situation...twice. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to talk in private.

@Cumulonimbus Wish you strength to cope with this loss... but like other members already said: never lose hope and faith, life can bring good things as well. All the best to you and your other half!

Regards,

Rudi

Dear @Cumulonimbus,

Thank you for your courage to share your personal pain with us. I have unfortunately experienced the same 15 years ago. Quite frankly I had not expected that so many of us here would have gone through similar situations!

Afterwards we have had a healthy daughter, so don’t give up hope and stay optimistic. At the time I experienced that talking about it and diverting my mind with other things such as my hobby helped me. I know this is obvious ...

Same offer as @Jim. Don’t hesitate contacting me via PM if You feel like it.

Take care!

Willem

Thank you for the supporting words and the offer to chat. It helps to feel part of a community.

It feels very disorientating when your life path takes a left turn when you were expecting a right turn. It’s especially confusing since it was not really obvious yet, so few people knew. Sometimes it feels like there’s a huge neon sign above my head explaining the situation, but it’s not there so everybody carries on. We will be alright eventually, my partner is a strong and kind person and although there’s not a lot I can do physical, I am there for her in any way I can. We’ll see how the coming weeks will go, considering the upcoming family parties with kids running around.

Willem, your right that hobbies give some distraction, but I fear it’s no longer Lego. I don’t want to be too depressing, but my enthusiasm for Lego has diminished considerably recently: We moved house half a year ago and used the Marie Kondo method to decide what stuff to keep and which things to find another home for. Key to deciding the destination of an item is looking for joy in that thing. If you experience any form of joy when holding that item, you keep it.  If not, you should part with it. It is a very strong tool to put things in perspective in this materialistic and cluttered world.

The thing is that although I did keep my collection of Technic sets, for whatever reason many did not give me the joy or satisfaction they once did. This has made me much more critical in which sets I will consider buying. In the future I will be looking much more at what aspects of a set make me enthusiastic and stay away from just collecting the next biggest set ever, or getting another crane to keep the collection complete. I’m afraid that this effect, together with my state of mind has made me a a nay-sayer here on the forum. I do not wish to take away anybody’s joy for all things Lego, my apologies.

For now my creativity seems to have found its way in woodworking. After moving house, for the first time in my life I have a small workshop and I’m designing and building workbenches, tool walls and basic furniture.  I also have my own wood lathe now, inspired by a guy I knew who showed me how satisfying turning wood can be (thank you Mike).

Anyway, I will probably read this forum from the sideline for a while. A part of me will keep hoping for a set, MOD or MOC sparking my personal Lego enthusiasm again. For now at least, bricks don’t play a big role in my life.

Kind regards and happy building,

Nicolas

@Cumulonimbus it's very sad to hear of your loss. You'd be surprised how many people this happens to. One of the things about being depressed is you don't find joy in the things you love. But time really does heal. Stay strong and remember how lucky you are to have a strong and kind friend by your side. Seriously, take from someone who lost someone due to forgetting that very fact during my depression, never forget it.

On 12/9/2019 at 5:15 AM, dr_spock said:

Which Euro 6 Diesel did you get?  

A Vauxhall (called Opel over here) Zafira Tourer, 2017 model, Euro 6/AdBlue. This thing never smells - nothing. Cold or super hot motor. We have had Zafiras since 2001 ... converts in 1 minute into a 7 person mini van. Or in the same time into a 2 person ... truck like thing (volume-wise).

Too bad they totally fu*ked it up DIesel-wise in Germany. Man. What a disaster. So they are (almost) gone here as well. This one was hard to find. And a bargain.

Best wishes,
Thorsten

@Cumulonimbus

My sincere wishes and hopes that this - rupture - in your family's life will not tear you apart.

We were going through a (only) remotely comparable nightmare, when moving back from the US to Germany. Our daughter left this world on day before she was expected to see it. There was nothing - really nothing - even remotely pointing to that possibility. My wife had to give birth to a wonderful little girl - who was no breathing.

Decades later, this remains to be the reason for many, many beliefs and not beliefs. However, one thing that makes a very big - unaccountable - difference from what you have to go through - and will continue to do so for ever - was that we had already two daughters - 4 and 6 years old at that time. And it was the most important thing in my life, to be able to carefully kiss Liane on her - cold - forehead. 

Time heals. True. But it does not make you forget - which is in turn so very important. It puts things into perspective: What really is important in life and what is not.

Time ... allows you to turn such a disruptive experience into - life. Because you live. And you can make a difference. We only have that one lifetime to do that: Make a difference. In my world that is - there are others.

But a workshop, your creativity, the both of you, your home, your life will provide you with opportunities. And I am certain that you will grab them - one after the other.

By chance, one of these will be composed of little plastic pieces. Put together in a magical way: Making sense. Who knows. And it is really not important. Maybe years ahead, maybe not.

All what counts is: The life of both of you. There is only one. Use it.

Warmly,
Thorsten     

Just now, grego18f said:

Sadly, I can't delete my post... 

No worries!

Because today is starting festival of lights I can only wish Chag Urim Sameac

to all our members who celebrate Hanukkah.

Merry Christmas everyone!

after an hour or two of madness all i can now hear is the search for Lego bricks in tubs - pure bliss :-) 

hopefully they have enough to keep them busy building for a day or two

Merry Christmas!

Building LEGO during Christmas....what more can you wish for :wub:

I hope everyone has a great holiday season.  Filled with memories and hopefully some building. I received a few good sets this year but before I delve into new building experiences I love to sit and just reminisce about the past memories I have .....