3 minutes ago, Jim said:

There's an entire topic about it.

Let's not discuss LEGO related stuff in the Pub :laugh: :tongue:

Sorry Jim, I hardly ever venture outside of the Technic forum so I missed that one completely...

I guess even TLG business aquisitions count as 'LEGO-related' then? I have to recalibrate my visor, was fixed on actual bricks...

No Black Friday sales for me.  Still waiting for the new black rims with winter tires to show up in the credit card bill.  :sad:

hub2car.jpg

I 3D printed the hub caps for them. The hole in hub cap is the size of a LEGO® 8x8 round plate.  If I attached bricks to the plate, I wonder if they will fling off at highway speeds. :pir-grin:

hubcaps.jpg

@dr_spockthat’s a nice 3D printer you have! How long have you had it for and do you like it? I have a Lulzbot Mini and they are (were) very reliable. I’ve been using it a lot more lately and I recommend playing around with Vase Mode in the slicer program, it’s pretty neat!

On 11/29/2019 at 7:55 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

@dr_spockthat’s a nice 3D printer you have! How long have you had it for and do you like it? I have a Lulzbot Mini and they are (were) very reliable. I’ve been using it a lot more lately and I recommend playing around with Vase Mode in the slicer program, it’s pretty neat!

Thanks.  I bought the Anet A6 kit printer in 2017. I had to assemble it and fine tune it myself.  Print quality is good enough for a PU adapter to 9V DC motor that fits into the PU Hub.  I use vase mode for some things. It's fun. Which slicer program do you use?  I like Cura. 

plughack.jpg

Reliability is ok for a hobby printer. The printer worked fine before the 5V voltage regulator IC on the main board failed the other day.  I didn't expect much for an under $200 kit.

7805desoldered1.jpg

The failure is an opportunity to learn to desolder SMT parts.  I learned I don't like working with SMT. 

7805desoldered.jpg

Just my luck, I don't have a spare 7805 voltage regulator.  It is fixable when the new 7805 IC arrives.  Or I hack in a 5V DC power supply if I am really desperate to 3D print in the mean time.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

The failure is an opportunity to learn to desolder SMT parts

That was a monster of an SMD part wasn't it? Try those resistors ... getting them out is ... "easy" ... putting them back in is - hot. As in very hot. On second attempt used superglue to fix them and then solder. Used too much superglue and almost died from the fumes when the soldering iron heated up everything - that was a very cool experience. When you believe that super glue - well - smells when applying it, make it hot. After a few tries, it worked well.

Is that a VW van? Seems to be, according to your prints. Diesel? Then you need to fix the electronics taking care of all that "being on a chassis dynamo meter and telling folks I am a clean thing" ...:roflmao:

Don't worry. Just bought a Euro 6 Diesel in Germany. With updated cheating software. So it doesn't cheat anymore. I guess. So they told me. Well. Yes. Thing is: We have a CO2 problem and not a NOx problem - but that is another story. I just don't care about that NOx mania.

Whatever. Nice car. Would do they same as you did for the wheels - if I had the skills to do it.

Best wishes,
Thorsten

4 minutes ago, Error404 said:

I just sold my apartment yesterday and got a good price for it.

Nice!

Where are you moving to?

I did move already earlier this year, now living in my grandma's basement. Still in my hometown.

Ahhh I see.

And why did you move to your grandma?

She had the space unused and, well, personal reasons otherwise.

I'm kinda better off this way.

...and of course it is Noble to help someone when he or she needs, since grandma is cetnainly not balerina anymore and you could be very close when she needs help. There is nothing wrong with it if you have normal family. :thumbup:

Enjoy in your hobby in new environment. :classic:

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

...if you have normal family...

Is there such a thing as a normal Family? Most of mine’s squirrel fodder to say the very least :iamded_lol:

Edited by grum64
Spelling

Define normal :laugh:

1 hour ago, Error404 said:

She had the space unused and, well, personal reasons otherwise.

I'm kinda better off this way.

Cool :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, Jim said:

Define normal :laugh:

To be completely honest I have absolutely no idea. All I know for sure is my life would be nothing were it not filled with the love of the extraordinary and, in some (most) cases, totally bonkers people I call Family.

53 minutes ago, grum64 said:

Is there such a thing as a normal Family? Most of mine’s squirrel folder to say the very least :iamded_lol:

We'll hope dies last :wink:, IMHO when you can solve tensions with arguments and facts that could be normal... What you wrote reminds me on Bugs Bunny  and Daffy Duck

7 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

...What you wrote reminds me on Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck

:sweet: :thumbup:

Edited by grum64

@grum64 sorry for nostalgia, but I have grown up peeking Looney Toons on ORF (Austrian Television)... so whenever I see some kind of arguing on forum it reminds me on this cartoon.

Regards my friend

@dr_spock bummer the board broke. I have built Anet A8 and A6 printers for other people before, the quality is pretty bad. One A6 has an end stop connector soldered on backwards :/. I use a dedicated version of Cura for my printer (Lulzbot Edition) and I like vase mode a lot! I got some flexible TPU filament a few days ago and it’s super cool to print in vase mode!

19 hours ago, I_Igor said:

...and of course it is Noble to help someone when he or she needs, since grandma is cetnainly not balerina anymore and you could be very close when she needs help. There is nothing wrong with it if you have normal family. :thumbup:

Enjoy in your hobby in new environment. :classic:

And yeah, my grandma likes to have someone else living in the house as she otherwise would be alone.

This morning I also assembled my new gaming chair :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, Error404 said:

And yeah, my grandma likes to have someone else living in the house as she otherwise would be alone.

This morning I also assembled my new gaming chair :thumbup: 

You're welcome. :classic:

Ironically gaming chairs are more ergonomic than ordinary; I have one on my working desk at my wife's place despite that I do not play games on PC.

Kind regards

On 12/6/2019 at 3:28 PM, Toastie said:

That was a monster of an SMD part wasn't it? Try those resistors ... getting them out is ... "easy" ... putting them back in is - hot. As in very hot. On second attempt used superglue to fix them and then solder. Used too much superglue and almost died from the fumes when the soldering iron heated up everything - that was a very cool experience. When you believe that super glue - well - smells when applying it, make it hot. After a few tries, it worked well.

Is that a VW van? Seems to be, according to your prints. Diesel? Then you need to fix the electronics taking care of all that "being on a chassis dynamo meter and telling folks I am a clean thing" ...:roflmao:

Don't worry. Just bought a Euro 6 Diesel in Germany. With updated cheating software. So it doesn't cheat anymore. I guess. So they told me. Well. Yes. Thing is: We have a CO2 problem and not a NOx problem - but that is another story. I just don't care about that NOx mania.

Whatever. Nice car. Would do they same as you did for the wheels - if I had the skills to do it.

Best wishes,
Thorsten

I think super glue vapour can irritate the mucous membranes and lungs according to Material Safety Data Sheet.  Thanks for the heads up,  I am not going to try that when I have to solder the new part in. 

It's a 2019 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual with a 1.4T gas engine.  I bought it to carry more LEGO®.  There is no more new TDI sold over here after that "Diesel Gate" scandal.    Which Euro 6 Diesel did you get?  

wagon.jpg

On 12/7/2019 at 1:03 PM, Error404 said:

I just sold my apartment yesterday and got a good price for it.

Nice. More money for LEGO?

On 12/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

@dr_spock bummer the board broke. I have built Anet A8 and A6 printers for other people before, the quality is pretty bad. One A6 has an end stop connector soldered on backwards :/. I use a dedicated version of Cura for my printer (Lulzbot Edition) and I like vase mode a lot! I got some flexible TPU filament a few days ago and it’s super cool to print in vase mode!

I printed a replacement watering can spout with TPU.  It is much more durable being outside in the garden than the one I printed in PLA.  I'm thinking TPU might be useful for custom LEGO compatible leaf springs.  Do you design your own parts? 

Nah, I don't spend much on Lego in general and I don't really have the space for very much.

I buy sets occasionally and mostly buy parts via BrickLink when I need it.