@iLego I could never find a better deal outside of the USA and I order at least 1 once a week for the last 6 months.. If its paypal then you can request to paypal to get your funds back on the postage I believe but I know that the final charge to your funds would include the postage and if it gets cancel you should of got the postage and the full amount back if it got cancled correctly..  keep us updated!!!  

@iLego The pub is not for LEGO related discussions :wink:

But, here’s my advice. Don’t give a negative feedback. Things like this can happen. Live your life with a positive vibe. I mean, it’s just a couple of bucks. Not the end of the world.

22 hours ago, sirslayer said:

@iLego should of got the postage and the full amount back if it got cancled correctly..  keep us updated!!!  

Yes, I am getting almost the same amount back, so that's not an issue.

20 hours ago, Jim said:

@iLego The pub is not for LEGO related discussions :wink:

But, here’s my advice. Don’t give a negative feedback. Things like this can happen. Live your life with a positive vibe. I mean, it’s just a couple of bucks. Not the end of the world.

Thanks for the wisdom. I think subconsciously I did not want to leave a negative feedback either.

@ilego you said you got most of it back..??   I always get my full money back..  don't be a fool and let someone bully you around..

1 minute ago, sirslayer said:

...don't be a fool and let someone bully you around..

Seriously?! It's not like he is getting scammed or something.

There is a big shipping scam in america that they would use the postage for ilegal use..  I just wanted to help out , thats it 

Edited by sirslayer

Just now, sirslayer said:

There is a big shipping scam in america that they would use the postage for ilegal use..  

And that big scam is executed by a random Bricklink seller :tongue:

any one who takes your postage and that can be from any business!!! please watch out !! and yes bricklink or anyone can!! and its not from bricklink.. its a person that is taking advantage and its getting out of control!!  

Edited by sirslayer

Just now, sirslayer said:

any one who takes your postage and that can be from any business!!! please watch out !! and yes bricklink or anyone can!! 

I seem to have a different interpretation of iLego's first post. Seems like an unfortunate incident to me.

Maybe iLego can explain more clearly what the issue is.

and out of people, @Jim you should of be aware of that !! thank you Jim you are right 

Edited by sirslayer

6 hours ago, sirslayer said:

any one who takes your postage and that can be from any business!!! please watch out !! and yes bricklink or anyone can!! and its not from bricklink.. its a person that is taking advantage and its getting out of control!!  

Just to clarify, this is not the case. I am quite sure of that. The difference in my case is very minor, probably due to currency exchange rate variations. The seller is genuine, with a good history.

The real issue was order got cancelled because item not in stock. I like Jim's approach, think of it as an honest mistake and move on.

Hello All!

I just drop it here, after a bit more than 1 year my side project seems to be realized! :sweet:

20 pcs as prototype sounds really brave, but I got a really friendly offer for production... so why not. Luckily there is really minimal fine tuning needed, if at all, so I am a bit proud. :tongue:

PEAK RC - 1.9 heavy duty beadlock wheels for crawlers - PROTOTYPE

I wanted a reasonably heavy wheelset for better crawling capability without the need of adding extra weights: 125 g/wheel. Check, balanced perfectly, COG is right in the center. Design target was to combine classic and modern deep lug style, I think I achieved that. 

800x600.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x420.jpg

800x419.jpg

Edited by agrof

Wow, that sure screams heavy duty :laugh: :thumbup:

Just about to get out of hospital from a mountain bike accident last week.

i think a few here would ride so I just wanted to preach full face helmets. 

Wear them. 

My bike slipped on the stupid pea gravel fire trails we have here in between the tracks (Western Australia) and slammed hard on my face from a slow cruise. 

No fun. But got off lightly with minor? Neck damage.

turned off riding for sometime now.

2 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

Just about to get out of hospital from a mountain bike accident last week.

i think a few here would ride so I just wanted to preach full face helmets. 

Wear them. 

My bike slipped on the stupid pea gravel fire trails we have here in between the tracks (Western Australia) and slammed hard on my face from a slow cruise. 

No fun. But got off lightly with minor? Neck damage.

turned off riding for sometime now.

Wait till you come off a superbike on the back straight of Philip Island ( that hurt ) these days I do like having a cage around me ( 8 point ) which probably is over kill for club sport level but yes, I am a huge fan of full face helmets on the road, the track and motocross style for mountain biking.  get better then get back on the horse..

@MangaNOID Get well soon, and don't forget the fun of bicycle riding!

2 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

As concept it is interesting, but I have some doubts, as most of the face is still open and can be contacted with objects - even with flat pavement. Hövding is more a proof of concept, it is around for years now, but they did not make market break through.

I believe if there would be potential for full face road helmets, than all the big names would be in the game for years. Actually the risk and the numbers of facial injuries in such accidents are so marginal, that it seemingly doesn't worth to invest in this directions.

Mountain biking is a different topic due to rocks, branches, jumps and thus hard impacts. Also, learning "how to crash" can help a lot. I know it does not sound easy, especially to do it on purpose (as active mtb rider for more than 25 years, I know, I have :classic:). Here is a nice video, maybe helpful:

Still, I believe we all ride bikes for sensing freedom in some way (to explore, to stretch our boundaries, to find our zen, etc...), and fear shall never overrule this - otherwise there is no more fun and relaxation left in riding. I leave this as inspiration here:

Edited by agrof

@WvG_853 and @agrof good posts on this topic thanks for the info.

as those concepts go I think they miss the mark for face trauma incidents for road bikes. that inflatable one good for the head on a back landing but thats what  normal helmet is for.  I cannot see the face remaining undamaged in a face down accident. and that Ventoux needs some more reinforcment also! I guess it's a design, safety, versus acceptance by consumer.

I guess it's one of those things that you usually only think about after an accident to yourself or loved one too. I may have to look at the downhill mountain ones that seem a little over the top for anything other than down hill/mountain riding.

as for learning how to fall, haha I wish! for me I obviously did something wrong but certainly nothing crazy I don't ride hard. I was standing on the pedals rolling no more than 10Kph and my bike just left me (slightly down hill and a small rain gully on track If I remember, dry but very marble slippery) and hard full impact on the chin/face without seeing it coming. no slow motion stuff here. hands didn't have a scratch on them (no gloves) and my helmet only the slightest of marks on the forehead area.

ride well!

@MangaNOID Sure, there are cases, which are really coming from nothing. It is really unfortunate that You had such accident, I feel your pain, I had my experiences too... Nonetheless, this will not stop us, right? Biking is the best activity you can do dressed. :thumbup: :sweet:

I saw this morning that Bricklink.com was acquired by TLG, and my mouth hit the floor.

While many of us can list the set that brought us out of the dark ages, for me, it was Bricklink, so I am a little apprehensive about this change. Bricklink has opened up this hobby to me, and has allowed me to do a number of MOCs. I hope moving forward, this acquisition will will not be too disruptive to element acquisition..

I will say, that in the last two years, I have bought more pieces directly from TLG as their Replacement Bricks site gets better. While there are some organizations issues that Bricklink does better, maybe this change will help them provide improved access to new and used elements.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, Thirdwigg said:

Bricklink.com was acquired by TLG,

I read the interview in above linked article, and as I see it this is another move at restricting knockoff and copycat brands/producers. Included in the deal was sohobricks, apparently a producer of LEGO like bricks. So they are know buying knockoff brands opposed to figgting them...

And TLG (re)stated that they will not allow war related stuff on any of their assets, including this newly acquired platform, so any modified/custom figs or weapons or anything warfare related will disappear from Bricklink. In the long run I also fear for other custom stuff like metal technic axles, chromed pieces etc.:wall:

On the other hand, some parts of bricklink are very strong elements for TLG to delve into (what sets/pieces sell well, what sets/pieces could be re-released (now that is easy money...), what pieces in what yet unreleased color do people want etc. etc.). And it gives TLG way better insight in the AFOL world. Let's just hope they won't meddle too much... 

D*mn, together with all the COPPA fuss this is a bad month for 'the internet'. Reminds me of a REM song: it's the end of the world as we know it...

Next purchase: rebrickable...?:sceptic: