12 hours ago, technic_addict said:

We often meet at Boston Pizza in Vaughan, Ontario but yesterday we were invited to host a Lego Supercar show so we brought a few from our collection.  Not sure I have seen this many supercars lined up like this!

That is quite a line-up:wub_drool::wub_drool::wub_drool:

I guess this would rival even @Blakbird's collection in it's peak days!

16 hours ago, technic_addict said:

We often meet at Boston Pizza in Vaughan, Ontario but yesterday we were invited to host a Lego Supercar show so we brought a few from our collection.  Not sure I have seen this many supercars lined up like this!

What's this bug with CLAAS tires doing between these supercar icons? :head_back: Very impressive line-up :thumbup:.

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

What's this bug with CLAAS tires doing between these supercar icons? :head_back: Very impressive line-up :thumbup:.

To crush them all of course!!

800x600.jpg

40 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

To crush them all of course!!

LOL

I witnessed the suspension travel on the greyhound and it is amazing!  Amazing design.

Next Friday we (Kitty and myself) will be leaving for a four week holiday to the US (again). The first fortnight will consist of doing Miami, Orlando, Tampa and the Florida Keys. The second will be a Trans-Atlantic cruise to Southampton via the Caribbean. Needless to say I am looking forward to it very much :laugh: Part of this trip we have already done in 2014 (see Flickr pics), but I was eager to get back and revisit some places.

One of the things I am very excited about, is being present during the launch of the next Falcon 9 on April 26th. We will be visiting Kennedy Space Center on the 24th, so I changed the itinerary and prolonged our stay for two days. We even booked tickets to view the launch from the LC-39 Observation Gantry (approximately 3.4 miles/5.5 kilometers away).

I will probably not be online often, so kids....behave! :laugh:

3 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

That sounds like another awesome trip, Jim. Have fun!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I'll do my best to help my fellow country people welcome you with open arms. Have a good time.

I have never had any issues with your fellow country people. You are most accommodating :sweet:

On 4/17/2019 at 3:14 PM, Jim said:

[We] will be leaving for a four week holiday to the US (again).

If you go to a Carl's Jr to have a Double Western Bacon and Cheeseburger, I will not only officially hate you, but I will also utter some very harsh words in the privacy of my own basement while the rest of the family is soundly asleep.

Some very. Harsh. Words!

(enjoy yourself)

I will go looking for Carl :laugh: :thumbup:

On 4/17/2019 at 6:14 AM, Jim said:

...being present during the launch of the next Falcon 9 on April 26th...

Be wary that the Falcon is often delayed at least a day. Last launch was delayed twice.

Hi everyone else. I haven't posted any replies for a while, but I have been simply reading all the topics. Have a lot of time doing other studies now. will be breaking out of the short dark age soon.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Be wary that the Falcon is often delayed at least a day. Last launch was delayed twice.

That's always a risk. In the meantime I hope for the best. That's all I can do. Our itinerary doesn't really allow more changes, so it's now or never :tongue:

Aaaaand it’s gone! Launch has been postponed for the first time :tongue: 

As I was told in the morning -  police of Shanghai went to the factory of the brand we are not talking about and arrest their boss, close all/some (I don't know) of the factories and...destroyed 630 000 counterfeit  sets!!! I will definitely drink some beer in the evening for this event! In case anybody has more info - please share.

There is a topic in the General forum.

46 minutes ago, Jim said:

There is a topic in the General forum.

My bad, thanks for notification!

As a young man in the UK Merchant Navy and often in Hong Kong I’d sometimes visit a bar in Kowloon called the Waltzing Matilda Inn. With seaman from all corners of the world it could be rough at times but was a great place nonetheless. While furkling about online I came across this, the rules of the house, which should give you an idea of what I mean.

169493-CB-8237-45-F6-85-BB-D0-C4-B448-F6

I have got an original one of my own in my ‘box of life’ up in the loft which I’d forgotten about until now. I must get the box bought down and see what other treasures are lurking within.

Edited by grum64
Typo

Need advice on a bricklink order. Seller cancelled order with reason "system error" and explained in comments that the item is no longer available. What is an appropriate response to this ?

I want to give a negative feedback, since I am inconvenienced and will loose some money on international postage. (I had spent time optimizing cost across multiple orders).

But at the same time, I don't want to be unreasonable, and cause problems to the seller.

So wanted to get advice.

Thank you.