Wazzap fellow drinkers? Happy 2019 to everyone, greetings from Finland!

Hey drinkers! I have tasted new in our stores - Lithuanian

Volfas Engelman DArk LAger Bohemijos. Sooo tasty!

Find it - try it.

copy_volfas_4770301229108_5a6ed62f485e1_

Edited by Aleh

Dark beers are my favorite.

I always automatically dislike something in cans ... the company, brand is owned by A. Le Coq ... and that is another reason for me to loose interest in this. Sorry.

28 minutes ago, Jurss said:

I always automatically dislike something in cans ... 

Why? How about Guiness?

It's interesting reading about all the varied hobbies people have, I'm also a little into cycling, purely for exersize, and playing guitar/singing at open mics now mostly. It's interesting that a few on here mentioned making games. I am not a programmer in any way, shape or form but I do like 3D modelling and I created all the graphics for my brother's game, which unfortunately remains unfinished. He made it in MMF.

If you really want to hear me sing/play guitar you are mad! But here's a snippet: Yes I know my guitar is too quiet :blush: 

Im craving me some Lego moccing time that I've just not had for way too long!

Edited by allanp

Just now, Jurss said:

Maybe @allanp can comment on Guiness from cans :)

Not really, I've had it from the pub but not from a can lol. I prefer southern comfort, pinacolada, desparados, Budweiser or red wine depending on where I am/what I'm doing/who I'm with :grin: 

3 hours ago, allanp said:

It's interesting reading about all the varied hobbies people have, I'm also a little into cycling, purely for exersize, and playing guitar/singing at open mics now mostly. It's interesting that a few on here mentioned making games. I am not a programmer in any way, shape or form but I do like 3D modelling and I created all the graphics for my brother's game, which unfortunately remains unfinished. He made it in MMF.

Wow, those graphics look really cool! I love how simple, yet elegant, they look.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Wow, those graphics look really cool! I love how simple, yet elegant, they look.

Thanks :classic: . My brother wanted them to be simple and stylised due to how small they would appear on screen, but me being me wanted more detail and realism, so taking inspiration from how Lego design their sets (note the road plates!) that's the compromise I came up with. There was/is loads more buildings I've done, you can see shacks, but in the game you move on to flats and houses and so on. There was various different power plants, lumber mills, water treatment plants, emergency services and so on but sadly the game was never finished (like most of my MOCs then :blush:). My brother having a wonderful baby boy kinda took precedence!

12 hours ago, Jurss said:

I always automatically dislike something in cans ... the company, brand is owned by A. Le Coq ... and that is another reason for me to loose interest in this. Sorry.

Cheers, Jurss ;) Personally I think dark beers taste like rye bread. 

DSC_0132.JPG

PS. What comes to wines, doesnt matter if it is red or white, as long as its homemade ;)

Edited by Jude
Adding info

7 hours ago, allanp said:

Thanks :classic: . My brother wanted them to be simple and stylised due to how small they would appear on screen, but me being me wanted more detail and realism, so taking inspiration from how Lego design their sets (note the road plates!) that's the compromise I came up with. There was/is loads more buildings I've done, you can see shacks, but in the game you move on to flats and houses and so on. There was various different power plants, lumber mills, water treatment plants, emergency services and so on but sadly the game was never finished (like most of my MOCs then :blush:). My brother having a wonderful baby boy kinda took precedence!

Do you have the assets visible somewhere? I would love to see them. 
I know they are in the video, but I would still like to see the assets.

I'm a pretty run of the mill beer drinker btw

heineken.png

Once my friend ordered this and he gave me one bottle. I think this is THE BEER.

Olde-english.jpg

Edited by Jude
-

10 hours ago, Jude said:

DSC_0132.JPG

Yes I know, lot of finns are coming trough Estoni to Latvia once a year, to buy bear for next period :wink:

P.S. Karhu is pretty OK.

Hello guys! I've just bought the 42076 set from a Hungarian webshop (quite reliable) and I won't open it for a while because of lack of space, and found myself a bit shocked when I checked the box, and on the left side (back view) the part where the sides of the box are normally glued, there are 3 seals, which seem legit to me. Also, it looks as if the glue wasn't strong enough, so there is a smallish gap between the back and the side flaps, but the marks of glue are visible. I can't take a picture right now as I'm not at home, but I hope you can imagine it. What do you think, should I worry, or not?

I left my extrasensory abilities at home so I cant help you.

Seriously - 50/50. Better to turn on video recording, open the box and check what's inside.

:laugh: thanks!

Seriously, has anybody seen this kind of "solution" or was/is it present on every 42076?

Well, FWIW, I once purchased a "NIB" 8110, but the box had a large, 10 cm, hole in it, sitting on the store shelf.  Opened it at the store, in the presence of the salesperson, (and thanks to the review here on EB) I was able to confirm all of the bags and parts were present.  Got it at 50% off.

12 hours ago, Jurss said:

Yes I know, lot of finns are coming trough Estoni to Latvia once a year, to buy bear for next period :wink:

Great decision! I got one in slightly reduced format (i.e. a newfoundland dog) and don't regret it!

I'm sorry for talking about LEGO, but it's not Technic, so hopefully allowed here :wink: 

I am building the 76105 - The Hulkbuster Ultron Edition. That is a very cool set!! :wub:

6 hours ago, Jim said:

I'm sorry for talking about LEGO, but it's not Technic, so hopefully allowed here :wink: 

I am building the 76105 - The Hulkbuster Ultron Edition. That is a very cool set!! :wub:

That set kind of reminds me of the Atlas from Mech Warrior Online. You could easily build something similar but different colors and then just add guns. 

EDIT:
d3bdecb783b71da6cf7d3bf6f82525be--legos-

Edited by Mechbuilds

On 1/9/2019 at 9:47 AM, Jockos said:

:laugh: thanks!

Seriously, has anybody seen this kind of "solution" or was/is it present on every 42076

I don't know if you have opened it or not, but mine was a little taped but everything there. Best of building!

We often meet at Boston Pizza in Vaughan, Ontario but yesterday we were invited to host a Lego Supercar show so we brought a few from our collection.  Not sure I have seen this many supercars lined up like this!