Not sure if there are any pinheads in here or not, but I just got back from Chicago Pinball Expo 2018.  Put my money down on a Monster Bash remake Limited Edition pinball machine from Chicago Gaming Inc. Now the waiting begins.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:53 AM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Programming! I like to make games.

Same here! (though I haven't actually made one for a while...) What game engine/language do you use? I use Unity with C#.

LEGO is mostly for wintertime for me, at least it started so, that I din't had nothing to do at some winterday. 

Besides Technic, I read books (also mostly in wintertime), I also do some cycling, mostly offroad (I wouldn,t call it exactly MTB). Yeas I have been in some kind of rookie (nonprofessional)  team, have ridden two seasons, but then it was enough for me, now it is just for fun. Earlier I also got in car audio. At the moment in one of cars I have pretty good own installed system, so it is also not abondened. Sometimes I build something from wood.

Interesting to read the side hobbies. Aside from Lego, my other activities are heavy metal concerts, gardening, hiking and mainly spending time with family and friends. 

I find it increasingly difficult to find time for Lego, and can barely keep up with all the set they release. So creating MOCs takes me ages and I often give up half way.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:53 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Programming! I like to make games.

Interesting. Tell me more. What kind of games? Which environment?

Making games is one of my hobbies too. Way back I made applets and midlets. Now I am using Game Maker Studio. I do mostly simple 2D games, like card games for example.

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Same here! (though I haven't actually made one for a while...) What game engine/language do you use? I use Unity with C#.

Cool ? Maybe we should start a separare topic in community :wink: 

I also made some small games. Mostly remakes but I also invented one for a contest. You can try some of these games and read more here:
http://matelipkovics.blogspot.com/

Note, that while I did programmingwith passion, I was lazy for making a proper site for the portfolio (it's just a blogger template with some rather lame tweaks), it may fall apart on some browsers/systems. Maybe I will fix it some times, I'm much more experienced with html and CSS since then.

Edited by Lipko

19 hours ago, Bublehead said:

Not sure if there are any pinheads in here or not, but I just got back from Chicago Pinball Expo 2018.  Put my money down on a Monster Bash remake Limited Edition pinball machine from Chicago Gaming Inc. Now the waiting begins.

I have refurbished a couple of machines for friends, I guess its handy to be able to do wood and metal work and also electrical.. I think its the tinker factor for me...

1 hour ago, Lipko said:

I also made some small games. Mostly remakes but I also invented one for a contest. You can try some of these games and read more here:
http://matelipkovics.blogspot.com/

Note, that while I did programmingwith passion, I was lazy for making a proper site for the portfolio (it's just a blogger template with some rather lame tweaks), it may fall apart on some browsers/systems. Maybe I will fix it some times, I'm much more experienced with html and CSS since then.

Sweet! So we need to start working on a Eurobricks game hehe

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Interesting. Tell me more. What kind of games? Which environment?

7 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Currently, I don't use an environment or engine. I code from scratch. So far I have used python and java, and I am currently using javascript. the games I make don't look all that great, but what really interests me is the underlying mechanisms. 

i have built a couple of games so far, like Bomberman, Tetris, and I am currently working on a shooter game. If you guys want my code I can give it to you!

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Maybe we should start a separare topic in community :wink: 

That might be an idea, there seems to be a good number of programmers/coders on Eurobiricks...

1 hour ago, Jim said:

we need to start working on a Eurobricks game hehe

Hmm... 

51 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I code from scratch. So far I have used python and java, and I am currently using javascript.

Nice, I've though about learning JavaScript a few times, as it looks relatively simple, and it would be nice to know another language in addition to C# and Lua (the latter of which I learnt because of LDCad's scripted animation).

@brickless_kiwi, yes, I do my own refurbishment to my machines for the same reason, one is I know how, and two, it is way cheaper, and three, there is the tinker factor. But not a lot of people have the room for an arcade machine in the home.  I’m lucky I have room for 5 pinball machines. But more than that and I would be sleeping on one. :classic:

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:30 AM, Bublehead said:

@brickless_kiwi, yes, I do my own refurbishment to my machines for the same reason, one is I know how, and two, it is way cheaper, and three, there is the tinker factor. But not a lot of people have the room for an arcade machine in the home.  I’m lucky I have room for 5 pinball machines. But more than that and I would be sleeping on one. :classic:

I currently have Data Easts Jurassic Park, which if you switch the T Rex side to side movement on makes game play hilarious. it seems if you have a Williams/sterns/bally machine you can ask silly prices for junk, where the Data Easts seem to play poor cousins.

However the one thing that I like in todays day and age ( yep the grey hairs are certainly showing ) is the internet and the wealth of information on it and the access to buy parts halfway around the world with a click of a button. I certainly would like to one day do a custom build.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:15 AM, Jim said:

Sweet! So we need to start working on a Eurobricks game hehe

When I was young I only played one game: Block out, a kind of 3D Tetris. There's a remake here. (search for Dydimus ?). I always imagined a similar game with Technic pieces that connect when  they are dropped correctly.

I have seriously thought about such a concept too. I guess the LEGO brick kinda pushes you in that direction.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:19 AM, mocbuild101 said:

Nice, I've though about learning JavaScript a few times,

Javascript is cool, but if you get time to learn a language, I would suggest python. I personally like it a lot more, especially graphics with pygame.

Anyways,I'm interested in a EB game or even a topic...

Well RIP Flickr, I guess they did some changes, and made the free accounts only able to host 1K photos, time to find another hosting site to migrate 2k of my photos to.

1 hour ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

Well RIP Flickr, I guess they did some changes, and made the free accounts only able to host 1K photos, time to find another hosting site to migrate 2k of my photos to.

Or pay 20 bucks per year for a reliable photo sharing service ?

7 hours ago, Jim said:

The now change $50 per year. Probably will end up archiving all of my photos, then reupload them to imgur, though that will take like 40 hours to do with the 50 imagine s per hour cap.

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Besides the ability to host more than 1k photos, are there any advantages to a paid Flickr account?

Andy D

1 hour ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

The now change $50 per year. Probably will end up archiving all of my photos, then reupload them to imgur, though that will take like 40 hours to do with the 50 imagine s per hour cap.

50 is more than 20/25, but I still think it’s worth it. And are you sure imgur will remain free?

8 minutes ago, Andy D said:

Besides the ability to host more than 1k photos, are there any advantages to a paid Flickr account?

Andy D

I think there was something with max picture resolution, but I am not entirely sure.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

are you sure imgur will remain free?

I would hope so, it has been free since its beginnings in 2009.

It's the main image hoster for reddit and this didn't even change when reddit started its own hosting service

With this big user base, i think charging money would kill it pretty fast.

Photobucket was free for a long time, then it changed to paid for deep-linking.  Any service provider can change.

9 hours ago, Andy D said:

Andy D

You get statistics. With free I see I have 3M views on my photostream but I don't have any other details.  You get discounts with Adobe and others.   You also get a "PRO" icon next to your username.  :classic:

I was using free Flickr when their limit was 200 photos.  That kinda forced me to post only the best photo of the MOC to Flickr and the rest to Brickshelf.  I used Photobucket for non-MOC LEGO photos.  Now I use postimg.org for that. Flickr and Brickshelf worked well for me posting MOCs on EB.  When Brickshelf is down, people can still see the linked Flickr image and vice versa when Flickr sometimes does that Bad Panda thing.

Well, it is Christmas morning here in Korea.  Not that you have to be a celebrator of this exact holiday, but I am doing what any reasonable adult would do on Christmas morning.  Build with Legos (Modifying my 42083)!

Away from my family, so I am stuck with memories only.  Will call them later today... but for as long as I can remember, Legos were part of Christmas morning as I was a kid, and also as a parent.  Even though my eldest is now 16, he will be getting something Lego.   

Happy Holidays everyone!

20181224_204653_small

I am not Korean, but I will live here for the next year due to work.  Sometimes I wish I were though! :classic:  Beautiful country, and I live downtown Seoul.  Beautiful city, always hopping and something to do.  It is for this reason, and that all my collection is at home in the states, that I don't build much right now.  But have the 42083 and am enjoying modifying it......