I actually don't watch any TV most of the year. So not sure if there is anything that I would be guilty about. 

Over the years I have been watching less and less TV up to a point that I almost don't watch TV anymore. Well actual broadcast TV that is. I do watch series on Netflix etc before I go to sleep. So if that counts...

For the past couple of months I have been watching Star Trek Voyager. In have never finished the entire series and I am now watching the final (7th) series. It's such a relaxing TV show to watch before turning in. When I am done I will probably start with The Next Generation, which is also seven seasons. I love that these series are quite relaxed and not an abundance of action and shooting and stuff. Not that I hate that, but not before I go to sleep hehe.

I have never heard of Forces TV, but reading your description, it sounds like something right up my alley :laugh:

7 hours ago, Boulderer said:

For a second there, I was thinking you were going to head off to the local electronics store to get pieces to fix it.

Hehe same here :laugh:

18 hours ago, Aleh said:

My congratulations! A new job - a new lifepage - who knows what interesting you will explore.

The same time I stopped working in the Bank sphere, where I had been working for the last six years, last time I was working with fraudulant transactions with plastic cards.

Since Friday I'm Software Tesing Engineer. My new page book started.

Thanks and congratulations to you too. Sometimes life needs a little nudge in another direction.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

For the past couple of months I have been watching Star Trek Voyager.

I am thinking about watching that. Do you also like Battlestar Galactica?

12 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I am thinking about watching that. Do you also like Battlestar Galactica?

I have only seen a couple of episodes and I am not really sure why I haven't continued watching it. But I did like the original movie, so maybe I can give it a go again. Basically, I do like most SciFi stuff, as long as it's not ridiculously bad.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Basically, I do like most SciFi stuff, as long as it's not ridiculously bad.

Couple of years ago there was a SyFy original series called Helix that showed on Channel Five over here. It had a typical virus-is-loose setup, but it elevated the concept of "ridiculously bad" to sheer art. :grin: It was so utterly terrible that I just couldn't stop watching it. I even got the DVD! :wacko: So sometimes, being ridiculously bad can actually work in a show's favour.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Couple of years ago there was a SyFy original series called Helix that showed on Channel Five over here. It had a typical virus-is-loose setup, but it elevated the concept of "ridiculously bad" to sheer art. :grin: It was so utterly terrible that I just couldn't stop watching it. I even got the DVD! :wacko: So sometimes, being ridiculously bad can actually work in a show's favour.

Oh absolutely. I could not agree more :laugh:

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have only seen a couple of episodes and I am not really sure why I haven't continued watching it. But I did like the original movie, so maybe I can give it a go again. Basically, I do like most SciFi stuff, as long as it's not ridiculously bad.

The original stuff is definitely one of my favorite movie / series. There also was a reformatted version, which is most likely easy to find. 

14 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It was so utterly terrible that I just couldn't stop watching it. I even got the DVD! :wacko: So sometimes, being ridiculously bad can actually work in a show's favour.

Then you may like Independence Day Resurgence. It is a sequel to the original US movie, but it does feature a "United' amount of countries. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day:_Resurgence

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

The original stuff is definitely one of my favorite movie / series. There also was a reformatted version, which is most likely easy to find. 

I think I watched some episodes of the reformatted version, which I didn't really like. And it wasn't bad enough to still like it :wink: 

Just now, Jim said:

I think I watched some episodes of the reformatted version, which I didn't really like. And it wasn't bad enough to still like it :wink: 

I meant the original series, just put in 6 disks. Sorry, I should have worded it better. The newer one was trash.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

The newer one was trash.

That's the reason I stopped watching, now I remember :wink:

I watched Independence Day: Resurgence in the movies when it was released over here. I thought it was a good movie, althought I never watched the original and can't compare the two.

Just saying this in its defence as I read the above comment about it as it being trash :laugh:

I'm not really into art and have no understanding of art at all. I think most art in general is crap, if I was gonna have some kind of art for decoration, I'd almost wanna make it myself :laugh:

Okay, so let me get this straight.....if I understand the two conversations going on on this page.....Art is so utterly terrible that you can't stop watching :laugh:

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Then you may like Independence Day Resurgence. It is a sequel to the original US movie, but it does feature a "United' amount of countries. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Day:_Resurgence

I tried to watch that but I had to turn it off after half an hour... talking about guilty pleasures and TV, I love weird ( and/or old) sci-fi movies. Just watched again Iron Sky recently, it's so bad it's actually good :) Johnny Mnemonic is another gem I watched recently, and the original Westworld movie as well. Oh and I can watch any Die Hard movies any time :D

12 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I tried to watch that but I had to turn it off after half an hour... talking about guilty pleasures and TV, I love weird ( and/or old) sci-fi movies. Just watched again Iron Sky recently, it's so bad it's actually good :) Johnny Mnemonic is another gem I watched recently, and the original Westworld movie as well. Oh and I can watch any Die Hard movies any time :D

Iron Sky for the win :thumbup: 

Can I come?! :wink: 

51 minutes ago, kbalage said:

... and the original Westworld movie ...

That is an absolute cult classic. 

Battlestar Galactica has to be the original series. Forces TV shows it a lot. 

39 minutes ago, Jim said:

Iron Sky for the win :thumbup: 

The sequel comes next year hopefully although it was postponed multiple times, fingers crossed ;)

3 minutes ago, Boulderer said:

Logan's run is another one, and there're plenty more :)

6 minutes ago, Boulderer said:

There is a Westworld movie? Sweet. Didn’t know that tbh.

Just now, Jim said:

Yule Brinner stars as the robot gone bad. Great silver eyes ?

1 minute ago, kbalage said:

Logan's run is another one, and there're plenty more :)

The film was better than the TV series. Though now I’ve written that I find myself doubting my recollection of a TV series ?

46 minutes ago, Jim said:

There were actually two of them, Westworld and Futureworld. Worth watching to see where the TV series came from.

Sweet! I will be checking them out.

Currently on a holiday in Greece I came across this impressive Liebherr crane in the harbour where we are staying. It is used to lift wind turbine parts  that arrive there by boat. The crane seems to be completely modular. I think it would be an excellent model for a MOC. Maybe one day ...

800x794.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by WvG_853
Replaced windmills with wind turbine parts