27 minutes ago, Jim said:

We have a topic where we discuss things like this. Can't find it right now.

Neither did I :look:

24 minutes ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I believe that you can report the auction to eBay for removal but then again it' not illegal to sell a open source document.

I thought about that before posting this thread, but can't find quickly.

For me it would be better that Spain wins in case that Croatia wins so Russian public would in that case support Croatia :grin:

Loader looks good :thumbup:

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

For me it would be better that Spain wins in case that Croatia wins so Russian public would in that case support Croatia :grin:

Loader looks good :thumbup:

Congratulations even if you do not have Russian support :wink: .

15 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

but then again it' not illegal to sell a open source document.

maybe, maybe not. GNU has a surprisingly honest appraisal of "encouragement to sell free software for as much as possible", but that's an element of the distribution mechanism and based on supply (or at least availability) of the original source and 'free' means freedom of use, not zero monetary exchange for it. 

Also, just because a document is released publicly doesn't mean that copywrite and ownership doesn't apply, which is why stating name and copywrite or distribution ("Not to be resold" for example) on the document can be a great asset as an author. Ultimately, if the document has a largely untracable authorship and no other restrictions, chasing this stuff down is often more trouble that it's worth.

4 hours ago, bonox said:

maybe, maybe not. GNU has a surprisingly honest appraisal of "encouragement to sell free software for as much as possible", but that's an element of the distribution mechanism and based on supply (or at least availability) of the original source and 'free' means freedom of use, not zero monetary exchange for it. 

Also, just because a document is released publicly doesn't mean that copywrite and ownership doesn't apply, which is why stating name and copywrite or distribution ("Not to be resold" for example) on the document can be a great asset as an author. Ultimately, if the document has a largely untracable authorship and no other restrictions, chasing this stuff down is often more trouble that it's worth.

I understand totally what you are saying the one thing with the lego community is that we don't like seeing members or nonmembers being ripped off. I do see a lot of this on ebay due more it's a global market place. 

10 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Congratulations even if you do not have Russian support :wink: .

But Croatia vs Spain would be very attractive match

At least @Jim enjoyed Austrian grand prix        

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

At least @Jim enjoyed Austrian grand prix        

Yup, I definitely did! What a race.

19 minutes ago, Jim said:

Yup, I definitely did! What a race.

:thumbup:

Just the way to start a conversation? To be kind, so the facts:

My side: just the simple morality that, bending the rules has no moral. F1 has this problem.

You, arguing that it was not stated. 

This all could be solved by what some others said. But then again, it isn't stated. It should have been stated, and should have been fixed. Just think about it more.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:02 PM, bonox said:

You may not be able to charge for the documents themselves but you can probably charge for the service provided of finding them and gathering them so that the customer paying didn't have to do all that work. 

Hey guys! 

How long is the runtime usually on lego RC mocs? 

I'd be using a single XL motor with a steering servo on an offroad application. 
I tried to google runtimes on different mocs but as far as google knows, it's a complete mystery.

I'd assume 10 minutes is an average estimate? 

I know it highly depends on weight, gearing, ect..ect... 
So what i'd like to know is just a random moc and the average time how long the batteries usually last when RC'ing.. 

9 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

How long is the runtime usually on lego RC mocs? 

I mainly depends on two things - the type and number of motors used, and the type of battery. In your case, I say around 1 hour (or more if it's not driving constantly).

Is it the right place for silly things? :laugh:

Here's an interesting find on the Cat website:

42867897154_7ef4f81518_c.jpg

It's almost the height of a Lego brick! *oh2*

I've just realized the unfinished review for 42053 is (probably) still unfinished :tongue: It's been 2 years already :tongue:

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I've just realized the unfinished review for 42053 is (probably) still unfinished :tongue: It's been 2 years already :tongue:

I still have your questions:

How many push does it take for the crane arm to raise. - How long can the crane arm stays erected after the hand pump has been pushed. I mean, there's no air tank to maintain the internal pressure, so at some point the crane arm will fall.

:wink:

And these measurements

35,0 cm x 37,2 cm x 8,8 cm 1733 gr

Doing good reviews is hard work and takes time like a fine wine.  :wink:

A good review, like all good things, is well worth waiting for and Jim's reviews are thorough and well done and definitely worth the wait :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Error404 said:

A good review, like all good things, is well worth waiting for and Jim's reviews are thorough and well done and definitely worth the wait :thumbup:

Thanks you sir :classic:

3 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Doing good reviews is hard work and takes time like a fine wine.  :wink:

The 42053 must be a very good wine then hehe. I do have the set partially built and not thrown in with the rest of my stuff. So, I could....

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Too bad I'm not fond of alcohols :tongue:

Depends hehe. I have had numerous days when I wished I wasn't too fond of it either :laugh: