The update was f...ed up by our custom skins. We had to manually correct all the skins. Some things still need to be fixed, but at least we can post and read again :thumbup:

3 hours ago, letsbuild said:

It would be awesome if you guys could find a fix for the faded search options.

I thought that was only me.

I tried several things, it never goes away.

Tried 3 Devices: Kindle fire 8, Dell Laptop, and Home PC, all the same.

On my latest created topic (Akiyuki Train system mods and improvements), I am unable to edit the first post due the shadow search text hiding the edit word.

You can hack it (in firefox or chrome at least, not sure on IE, not on mobile) by right-clicking the dropdown, clicking 'inspect element', then in the element inspector that pops up delete the selected node, move on to its parent etc. until the button is reachable again. It'll be back next time you go to the next page, but at least it lets you edit.

This summer's gonna hurt my wallet like a you-know-what (Maroon 5 song reference)

42083, 42082, 42081 x2, 42080 x2, 42079

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This summer's gonna hurt my wallet like a you-know-what (Maroon 5 song reference)

"This summer", yup, remember that song.

12 hours ago, pleegwat said:

You can hack it (in firefox or chrome at least, not sure on IE, not on mobile) by right-clicking the dropdown, clicking 'inspect element', then in the element inspector that pops up delete the selected node, move on to its parent etc. until the button is reachable again. It'll be back next time you go to the next page, but at least it lets you edit.

Thanks but I use Mac OS & iPad..

The shadow text has now gone and I can edit the post OK now.

1 hour ago, Doug72 said:

Thanks but I use Mac OS

FYI, you can turn on Developer mode in System Preferences and it will allow you to inspect elements and similar things. 

Hey guys do not know where to post this, so I will leave it here :classic:

I;m fan of this channel, so at one of the exibitions there was represented Lego batching plant!!!!

(video from 2:37)

7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Aleh OMG that commentator got me laughing like a maniac :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Yeah, this video is funny, but this guy makes professional reviews of scale models for years, higlly recommended!

I love Cranes ETC - very good website and video reviews.

Still, watching this (perfect commentary btw!), I can not get out from my head:

Spoiler

:classic:

Edited by agrof

22 hours ago, agrof said:

I love Cranes ETC - very good website and video reviews.

As for Lego Technic builders this is a endless ocean of building ideas. We all together at this forum will never build everything in his channel at any big scale.

I don't drink, but I'll grab a stool anyway....

Today I ordered some small laserpointers and a 3.3V voltage regulator and some small bits to hopefully end up this weekend with a nice lasergun with a Lego connector that fires from a IR remote.

I did the experiment before but I blew the laser with overvoltage as I did not use a regulator in front of it.

This should work...

The idea is to use it as a marker for a pneumatic missile launcher.... aka laserguided missile system

Cranes Etc. was a good source of info for the EB Technic Triple contest back in 2013.  :classic:

On 6/20/2018 at 10:11 PM, Permo said:

I don't drink, but I'll grab a stool anyway....

Today I ordered some small laserpointers and a 3.3V voltage regulator and some small bits to hopefully end up this weekend with a nice lasergun with a Lego connector that fires from a IR remote.

I did the experiment before but I blew the laser with overvoltage as I did not use a regulator in front of it.

This should work...

The idea is to use it as a marker for a pneumatic missile launcher.... aka laserguided missile system

Well, that worked out pretty well....

800x600.jpg

I modified an arrow shooter part to house the actual laser, the Lego container is perfect for housing external electronics, in this case a 3,3V voltage regulator some diodes on the input to prevent reversed voltage from the IR receiver, no need to drill or glue anything, it allready has holes for the wiring.

It's a 5mW green laser and the output quite surprised me, this is a serious lasergun and will be very cool to play with now it fires from a Lego IR remote.

12 killshots in a row !

Shooting at a minifigure from aprox 2m distance...

This thing works !

We have a topic where we discuss things like this. Can't find it right now.

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

Urgent! Do not know where to post better or if it's necessary to create another topic, but here's an user selling on eBay other's free and paid building instructions:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/jaykin84/m.html?item=263729572769&ViewItem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
What can we do with this? Is not this forbidden and prohobited??

I believe that you can report the auction to eBay for removal but then again it' not illegal to sell a open source document.

Edited by brickless_kiwi
Carrot phone