And on another drunken thought, albeit I am sober right now so this may be a sobering thought- In a dingy factory somewhere in China right now, dark blue and dark azure panels and beams are pouring out of poorly maintained molding machines even as we speak, or type actually.  And somebody is frantically modeling a rotary catch and a 20z clutch gear... or if their spies are any good, they have been molding for days now and the knock-offs are shipping already.  That is why we should respect not leaking stuff, not that we are spoiling anybody’s fun. My $0.02

Has anyone done a crash test for the Chiron yet? I loved the video of the scale offset barrier “fail”

Thank you guys for the suggestions!  I just broke my wallet and grabbed:

42055, 42054, 42030, and 42043

Thankfully I don't care about boxes, as I saved a good chunk on BWE from a seller on Bricklink.

I'll grab the 911 in a while.  That set shouldn't be expiring anytime soon, right?

Well that is a great start! 42043 is my favourite out of those. If you are just starting in technic may I recommend that you DON'T invest too heavily in the RC and PF stuff as I believe it will be replaced with PU (powered up, which is seen in the 2018 trains) in the coming years. Though I should say that until we see technic sets with the new PU system I can't know that for sure. But you have an excellent start there already.

I'm owndering what's going to happen with SBrick, and BuWizz now, with Power Up! coming out, BuWizz has It's own market, but PU! is very close to an SBrick in capabilities, I guess we'll get a new BuWizz & SBrick, but will old PF & 3rd party RC components go up, or down in price is the question.

@nicoga3000, looks like you took my suggestions to heart.  You will not be displeased with what you have available to work with. I highly recommend building all 4 sets and their B models unless you have a burning idea you need to get out of your head right away.  All 4 of those sets were very satisfying A model builds and you will have a hard time deciding which ones you want to tear down to build the B model next.  Either way, you have a nice collection of parts that will get you through most any design challenge for now, your BL orders will be smaller and usually based on getting parts in desired colors instead of desired functions so there is no delay in development, only a delay in final model presentation. Enjoy!

Edited by Bublehead
Typo

@Bublehead Yeah, I took what you and aminnich said to heart.  I wanted a nice starting base.  I know I'll grab the 911 soon, and the Chiron eventually, but I have time on both of those sets.  I'm excited to dive in!

Also check out the different C models ... there is a thread somewhere. Some are amazing!

15 hours ago, allanp said:

If you are just starting in technic may I recommend that you DON'T invest too heavily in the RC and PF stuff as I believe it will be replaced with PU (powered up, which is seen in the 2018 trains) in the coming years. 

I am doing the exact opposite, I do not like what I see about the new Power Up stuff (the connection, the odd motor size/shape)  I will be investing in PF stuff and Sbricks :)

If the past is any reflection on the future, it doesn’t matter what system you go after for your power function needs. You can ALWAYS bet that just when you think it is never going to change, they introduce a whole new system and the battery sticks, crappy wires, hard to build with studded housing motors, light bars, sound bricks, and electric plates are nothing but dust collectors in the deepest, darkest corners of your collection.  If there is one element of Lego that changes constantly compared to the exacting uniformity and stability of the Standard Lego 2x4x1 8 studded brick, it has to be motorized power devices in Lego sets.  I have been through like 5 different motorized power function paradigms in close to 50 years of playing with Lego. We now have another new one on the horizon to join the bludgeoning of my wallet.  As if it wasn’t bad enough trying to determine which way they were headed, we get 3 at once. So now with EV3, Boost, We-Do 2.0, Powered Up, PF, NXT, SBricks, Buwizz, plus other startups and crowd sourced 3rd party solutions, it is a interesting time to be getting into the hobby. 

In the Hype of Chiron, I ordered some missing parts to build BWE. Yes, they have pretty good price now - some 180EUR also in local store (which I almost bought), but I spent only 20EUR now on parts I don't have enough to build. Ok, it will be somehow colorfull, and also there wont be excitement of unboxing, but ... there still be building fun.

17 minutes ago, Jurss said:

In the Hype of Chiron, I ordered some missing parts to build BWE. Yes, they have pretty good price now - some 180EUR also in local store (which I almost bought), but I spent only 20EUR now on parts I don't have enough to build. Ok, it will be somehow colorfull, and also there wont be excitement of unboxing, but ... there still be building fun.

Of cousrse! Even when bying used set, disassembling and washing it, after assembling is cool enough to do all this!

I'm seriously considering getting into the business of investing in Lego sets, to sell later for a profit, but before I did, I was wondering if anyone could share some tips and tricks they learnt doing the same thing? My hope is that I can avoid making mistakes that others have made.

@letsbuild I've noticed lately, a lot of people are getting into "LEGO investing" recently as well as latest sets don't usually get expensive after end of production as they used to do before. These might be related. My suggestion would be to hold from getting into this instantly but rather learn the market - see how BL, local market and ads respond to discontinued set prices, learn the market. Once you feel what is required (when to sell, how long to keep, is it wort it) you could then look into actual investment.

Back when it launched I did purchase two 41999 and one is still sealed. My intention back then was to increase my dark blue parts stock but never got to open both.

It is getting increasingly hard for me to open it but I am not interested in selling it, I am just stuck with it in its sealed form.

I know, Lego related, but a question:

Have you gotten a error in a instruction manual: (like this [42039])

800x600.jpg

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I know, Lego related, but a question:

Have you gotten a error in a instruction manual: (like this [42039])

Good catch.  The Pub on-topic should be  "Was the instruction manual creator drinking at the time?"   :laugh:   

8 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Good catch.  The Pub on-topic should be  "Was the instruction manual creator drinking at the time?"   :laugh:   

Good question. A silver 4l axle huh...

What the brick?!

800x378.jpg

we hoped for some chiron blueprint.

Edited by Jurss

What!?
You guys prefer a Chiron or a Porsche over cute bunnies and flowers and such? 

As long as the cute bunnies take me to the next unread post in a thread, bunny on.

That button seems to have disappeared. I'm using chrome on Android 7. Haven't check my desktop yet

Edit: more info, the button is invisible.

Edited by deehtha

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

@Milan Is it possible to remove those search options, which are somehow faded

Working on it. Will be fixed today.

18 minutes ago, Jim said:

Working on it. Will be fixed today.

I was wondering about the same thing since the Technic forum got the "old" layout back.

Thanks for the effort you guys are putting up when it comes to fixing issues on the forum :thumbup: