9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

All of mine are built, quite a joy is building.

Same here... until I built c models out of them. At least the leftovers are nice and organized. The point is I have nothing in the set-building queue. Quite a joy it is!

Of the 3 sets I've bought, I've done as follows:

Build set once.

Add to general parts, and make an MOC with my new toy [parts].

7 hours ago, Bublehead said:

@Didumos69, that is a cool mechanism. Have you used it in a sequential gearbox?

Yes, in my [MOC] Sequential AWD 4-speed gearbox w/ V8. After refining the paddle shifter principle of the Porsche (with the use of half pins), I found out I could use the same refined principle for a two-way shifter. The refined principle is being used in several MOCs:

And I think I'm forgetting some..

Edited by Didumos69

To lighten the mood, I have an idea:

What is your favorite Lego Joke or Pun?

Here is one: Don't Lego of Lego :laugh:!

Corny...

38 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

To lighten the mood, I have an idea:

What is your favorite Lego Joke or Pun?

Here is one: Don't Lego of Lego :laugh:!

Corny...

- It's ok, 3L joint won't break this time! *cracking sound

Or this one:

-No, no I'm good, I have enough Lego

Or during bricklink browsing:

- I don't need more pins

Edited by Omikron

55 minutes ago, Omikron said:

Or during bricklink browsing:

- I don't need more pins

Actually I am all out of 3L blue pins and blue axle pins :grin:. 2L axles are limited as well.

Almost every BL order has some connector, axle, pin, bushes, or other common part I am running low on.  I try and keep 16 of everything in my bins, except parts that’s cost $15 each just because, well, they can get $15 bucks a piece for them :sceptic:.

anyone else done a “Buy all” on a wishlist and end up with a $$$ total bill and then have to figure out what solid gold connector #3 found its way onto the list?

Just now, Bublehead said:

anyone else done a “Buy all” on a wishlist and end up with a $$$ total bill and then have to figure out what solid gold connector #3 found its way onto the list?

Gold? Based on prices my list usually suggests that parts are either made of antimatter or unobtanium of some sort.

Power puller tires? - Vibranium stuff

6 hours ago, Omikron said:

Power puller tires? - Vibranium stuff

So I guess I should tell my brother to not get rid of the 6 that he has inherited? He actually might have 8, I bought like every one of those sets I could get my hands on in the discount bins here in the USA when they were originally on the shelves for their transparent engine cylinders. Who knew at the time I was buying Vibranium in rubber tires? Also, I have at least 4 yellow Technic figures, with helmet, and visor too. They go for $40 to $60 a pop. Not to mention all the black 3L friction pins he has and solid 2L black pins as well. When I was cleaning up my 8880 for pictures, I needed a 3L friction pin and asked him to get one from the collective. I had to look at it twice because it wasn’t blue :laugh:

Lately I've been missing the awesome feeling of opening a new set and discovering the build as I follow the instructions. The amazing sets that I missed lately are 42055, 42069, 42070, 42078. Too bad I've already owned two copies of each, one for A model and one for B model. Buying another copy just to find that feeling again isn't a good thing to do though.

I had an idea today, at first I thought maybe contest idea, but now that I think about it now, probably not.  

What about an "in my garage" build.  Basically pick something from my garage and built it.  No matter the size, complexity, type of machine or object.  

For explain, my garage has a multitude of things, pickup truck, riding mower, push mower, front end loader, etc etc.  

I think if you are the type of person that has trouble coming up with an idea, look around your garage or basement, maybe even your room.  The possibilities are endless. 

I think I can ask this here...

I want to get into Technic but don't know where to start.  Any suggestions on "must buy" sets with the current rotation for whatever reason?  Either about to retire, has awesome elements, etc.?

If I'm being honest, I'm a fan of all of it (in theory).  I'm not super picky.  I kind of got rid of most of my sets (except my Disney Castle) over the past few years because of reasons.  I also collect nanoblocks (those Japanese mini building blocks) and have for 5+ years...Those satisfy my more traditional building urges.  But I'm an engineer and am drawn to things that move and "function".  If that makes sense?

42030 is the ultimate RC set.  It gives you a wide variety of parts with a good selection of RC motors.  

Me personally, I do not think there is one perfect set, they all have a lot to offer.  42030 or 42043 would be my recommendations, but other members may have others for you. 

42043 Arocs Mercedes Truck

42055 BWE

42054 Claas Tractor

these three sets give you an awesome parts selection to build or develope your own MOC (My Own Creation)... add the Porsche 911 if you want to build supercars, and add the Tracked racer for RC capabilities. Those 5 sets will set you back a bunch, but the parts you will have to select from will be pretty well rounded.

Thanks for the ideas.

Some of those look to be out of production, though.  Is that the case?  Best places to find them??

@Didumos69, been reading through the pub, came across your music suggestion of B.B.’s  Sabotage on 12 hour loop. Not sure I have listened to it that many hours in a row, but that is my favorite BB track, and I had never seen that video. Thanks for pointing me to it. I loved it when they used it in the reboot of Star Trek

And to keep off topic, I decided to “me too” my Bugatti purchase here... so it clutters up this thread and not the Chirons :grin: My wife has already commandeered it and is holding it for ransom... somebody call the authorities please! ? ? 

Oh and also to keep drunk ramblings in their right place,  others are asking if the leakers feel bad about ruining the reveal of the Chiron.  I myself support EB and TLG and report the posts with leaked content.  That doesn’t mean I don’t look at leaks when they happen. I actually think the leaks pushed this from a maybe to a first day purchase for me. I might wait and pick up a second one at discount or used, but I supported Lego with my wallet today, shelling out $377 for the privilege.