5 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

Are we allowed to ask for titles? I've wanted one for a while, but don't know how to get one. Do I have to earn it?

I assume you get them when a mod sees fit. I'm not sure how the whole thing works exactly and I guess it's not wise to bring it up because of the "unwritten rule". 

I can not comment on titles except to say I know what mine would possibly be and no amount of fire and brimstone can conjure it out of me.... nope.

I got one around 1500 posts. They are usually a relevant or funny thing you said.

The average I have seen is around 1200+ posts before a title.

6 hours ago, dr_spock said:

unwritten rule

Well actually it is written - in the FAQ: :wink:

gallery_8966_241_1060.png What is the short caption under a member’s avatar?

Just like tags, personalised titles are awarded to chosen members for noteworthy contributions. Please don’t ask for one, they are given at Staff’s discretion.

Yup, one does not ask for a title. Nor does one ask for a change in title :thumbup: 

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

1500 posts

Oh look, I only need 1350 more posts for a chance... but I don’t think I am going to burn a candle that long waiting for it though.  More than likely I will get banned before then :sceptic:

Post count has nothing to do with title. Since I've been a while here already, I've seen some EB members getting titles with much-much lower post count.

11 hours ago, Bublehead said:

This picture is worth 1000 words or a few dollars:

This is a picture of all my backlog of unbuilt sets still in their sealed boxes in my collection except the 41999.  I have built the A models of the Wheeled Loader, Claas, and Arocs, but currently only the Volvo is built and displayed, the Claas and Arocs were ripped apart to be parts donors to my Twirl & Hurl Ride. But now I have replaced them with misb sets. Three of these might end up on a shelf next to you as contest prizes, but we have to wait and see... Did I just quote Donald Trump? Where is that bar of soap?, I need to wash a funny taste out of my mouth. :wink:

I think I can top that, mind you for the record this photo is at least four years old and the unbuilt set count has got a lot higher.. as yes that's a unbuilt 8421 on the bottom..

As for this post count business, Im more of a lurker... 

800x600.jpg

My built-set-count is zero. I can't remember building a set without modding it right away. I recall building 8848 in 1981 and I immediately sturdified the chassis. More recently I replaced the spring suspension with much softer torsion bar suspension and added Ackermann geometry to that.

800x600.jpg

1 hour ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I think I can top that, mind you for the record this photo is at least four years old and the unbuilt set count has got a lot higher.. as yes that's a unbuilt 8421 on the bottom..

As for this post count business, Im more of a lurker... 

How dare You use that nickname?! :grin:

Sorry I caused a commotion, just had a simple request to change my title .It was really annoying my Small OCD.

Compared to brickless_kiwi or bublehead, I'm just a piker :tongue: with only 4 sets left unbuilt. (Arocs, 42025, some creator set my kid wanted, and oddly, 42009),

How can you guys resist the temptation to build sets *huh*  When new sets arrive I usually postpone whatever I'm doing to build them. They are also the reasons for my chronic lateness...

I just recently got into Technic, so the few sets I've gotten are all built. Or rather were... now they're all broken down, waiting to go to college with me 

I have a 42009 crane still MSIB.  I'll get around to it one day.  Too much building other things for LUG...

9 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Well actually it is written - in the FAQ: :wink:

I stand corrected.  :classic: 

For those interested, there is a thread for keeping track of titles: 

@brickless_kiwi, I bow to the king of procrastinators... :laugh:

My own MOC got in the way of building my backlog sets.  The wife has been complaining about my collection spreading like a virus and attempting to take over the whole house.  That is why three of these sets are going to be used as prizes in a future contest later this year. A flagship set, a 2000+ piece non PF set, and a 500 to 1000 part set, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So first place gets to choose a flagship from this lineup, 2nd chooses from any non PF set, third chooses any non PF set less than 1100 parts. Until then, though, I will probably be building on my next MOC and what ever 2H 2018 sets are released.

My kid and I are currently into building WWII fighter/bomber plane model kits - trying to get authentic detailing, nose art, and may venture into dioramas.  However, I am thinking about breaking out our Sopwith Camel set for building as it somewhat fits in.

18 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

My kid and I are currently into building WWII fighter/bomber plane model kits - trying to get authentic detailing, nose art, and may venture into dioramas.  However, I am thinking about breaking out our Sopwith Camel set for building as it somewhat fits in.

Talk about Technic, dammit! :laugh:

I think the Sopwith may have a few Technic parts, and it has *functions* :grin:, including a (imagine celestial chorus singing) functional joystick

Edited by JGW3000

7 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How can you guys resist the temptation to build sets *huh*  When new sets arrive I usually postpone whatever I'm doing to build them. They are also the reasons for my chronic lateness...

I have two kids. My son builds LEGO sets - Technic or other - by the instruction booklet. When he discovers an error, he reverses the steps until he arrives at the step where he made an error. Also when the mistake could have been solved without stepping back. When it's done, the only joy is to take it apart and build it again. He doesn't play with the end-result. My daughter is a completely different story. For her following the instructions is boring. After a few steps she starts making her own steps and eventually she builds something completely different and when she's finished she can play with her own creation for hours. I fear I am in the same category of LEGO builders as my daughter :wink:.

Edited by Didumos69

@Didumos69, it took me a long time to finish my Twirl & Hurl because once I got it to the point of all the functions working, I ended up playing with it instead of finishing it. I played for what seemed like just a little bit, but according to my wife it was an hour plus every time I sat down with it.  It sat on the kitchen table for weeks and I would just sit down and play with it... till 2am in the morning.  It has been well play tested :grin: at least by me and my nieces and nephews, neighborhood kids, that homeless man over there, a passing stranger, the paper boy, the maid, garbage man, the guy that sprays my yard for scorpions... you get the idea :wink:

@Bublehead, yes, I get the idea. When I built this a few years ago

I played with it endlessly. I kept it in the pocket of my coat when commuting and clicked around while it sat there, whenever nobody paid attention. My kids and I drove my wife crazy with this clicking sound.

A wise man ever said to me: A man sometimes needs to pause and take the time to admire his own work.

Edited by Didumos69