@Didumos69 That pretty much sums it up :sweet:

10 minutes ago, sirslayer said:

People like to feel that they can be a part of something even though were are competing.. 

Even though I agree with most what you said, this part is worrying me. Posting here is NOT about competing. It's about getting feedback and getting better at building. Nowadays, lots of people are too busy with view counts, followers and getting an audience.

Just now, sirslayer said:

@Jim

that's just my american thinking..   :laugh:

Hehe :tongue:

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Hehe :tongue:

Yeah, us Americans. 

Also, if you think this is a competition, it isnt @sirslayer. I had the same feeling before. It just takes work, and not duct tape :laugh:.

Also @Saberwing40k, I did post on there I like it. If you post more often it allows us to see further progress even if it is one picture or a paragraph.

I like to post on almost every topic to give that person help or a creativity boost. When you get feedback, it makes you feel better. I fell better giving this person a chance.

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Posting here is NOT about competing. It's about getting feedback and getting better at building.

I agree, and if there's one other piece of advice I could give to anyone starting a MOC, it would be to build for yourself first, build for others second - because there's no point building something you won't enjoy.

Edited by mocbuild101

@Saberwing40k I also don't get many replies in my topics (although I've only posted 2 MOCs). But I get it. I visit EB everyday and I see great models being posted here every time I come but I don't comment on them that often simply because I'm lazy :grin: When I post my MOCs I LOVE when people reply but when they don't do so it doesn't bother my because I'm sure most of them are just like me: they read the topic, they watch the videos/photos and think "That's a nice creation" and then just move on to the next one. We are just to lazy to reply to every single topic.

Also, if what you are building excites you and you are happy with it, then don't pay attention to what people say about it, whether they reply or not. Remember, you like LEGO because it's fun and makes you happy.

Personally, I haven't had much time to build let alone to visit EB, just 5-10 minutes every day. I doesn't mean I dislike your Kenworth, I just haven't had the time to read it yet.

So don't give up, if you like it keep on building and improving it! I hope I've helped :wink:

@Saberwing40k, you do realise your kenworth topic has 10666 views! 

That's a lot of exposure. Just because people don't comment doesn't mean people don't like it. 

Personaly I don't comment in other people's topics much. I just don't feel the need to. If I like it I follow and read it. If I don't, I move on. Simple as that. I don't particularly care for ratings and leader boards. I'm just here to have fun and learn from others. 

Just enjoy what you do. 

*EDIT *

Oh I almost forgot, @Lipko

Good luck. I'm more of a lurker than commentator, but you have been a big source of inspiration for me. I wish you all the best. 

Edited by Oliver 79

Lego building music 

Edited by Jude
wrong link

Both good choices, sorry that I can't post a link right now, but clearly Tangerine Dream is the best, perhaps 'Poland' or 'Le Parc' will do :classic:

Neeh... Put this on repeat for 12 hours and you'll probably end up with a game-changing gearbox :wub::grin:

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

You are all wrong :laugh:.

Yes... and no... The best music is what you like - so there really is no "perfect" Lego building music :wink:

Edited by mocbuild101

Instead of building Technic, I've had a go at some kit models - here is a 1964 Chevrolet Impala, stock version (except mine had single, not dual exhaust), complete with 1970's Earl Scheib $100 paint job - interior/exterior colors are authentic to the car we finally sold, in working condition, after 20 years good service.

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0549.jpg

and the obligatory underside view

IMAG0560.jpg

They truly don't make them like this anymore :grin:

Speaking of model cars, I have been trying to get my hands on the Aoshima Interceptor from Mad max. A kit that retailed for $30 from 2013 is marked up everywhere for $150+... seems kind of ridiculous. I am thinking it would be possible with the all of the CAD work I have been doing recently, I could order 3D printed resin parts for a lot of the parts for a conversion of a $16  Revell 1970 Ford Torino GT, though It would require some bodywork on the front hood area, and I think the wheelbase would need to be shortened too. Just wondering if anyone would have good suggestions for other car models that would be closer to the bodywork, so it would require less work on my part.

Also life has been rather busy with college finals, so yay only 4 exams then summer for me= more studying for entrance exams for dental school, and maybe research with 3D printing strength in relation to layer height/printing velocity at college over half of the summer. Also may get to print a 6.5 ft model of the Saturn V rocket over the summer/next year, as that will be one of my projects, as next year is 50th anniversary of Apollo 11. Also am planning to do a large scale model of the LEM and Columbia modules with an interior with cutaway.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

Here's a list of teams which can be requested for interviews during the upcoming Fan Days, which I will be attending:

LEGO Architecture
LEGO Brickheadz
LEGO Creator Expert
LEGO Friends
LEGO Ideas
LEGO Mindstorms
LEGO Minifigures
TT Games / LEGO Games
Jurassic Park
Harry Potter
Star Wars
Unikitty
Tormod Askildsen (head of AFOL Engagement)
Jan Beyer (manager AFOL Network Events)
Signe Lønholdt (senior manager Community Growth / LEGO Ambassador Network)

I am thinking of doing LEGO Mindstorms. But I would definitely need your help coming up with interesting questions. Questions other than "When will EV4 be released?" :tongue:

PS Which reminds me I never posted the Technic interview. Maybe I can simply post the audio files and turn it into a Podcast or something. Transcribing is the worst job ever. I need to use the GoPro this time.

Can EV4 be used for Internet of Things projects and builds?

When is EV4 coming out?

4 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Can EV4 be used for Internet of Things projects and builds?

When is EV4 coming out?

Will it even be called EV4?

2 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Will it even be called EV4?

Probably not :tongue:

I have created a topic for the questions:

On 8.5.2018 at 3:55 PM, Jim said:

Transcribing is the worst job ever.

HI Jim,

have a look at trint.com. I use the service very often for transcription. It's not perfect and you'll have to edit the transcript manually but it saves a lot of typing and time.