Actually, we will buy a house (still haven't found the one) and probably have to renew it, the kids are also in WIP state.

The exhibition was in Győr, but the Lego exhibition world in Hungary is totally chaos, multiple groups do they own exhibitions without knowing of each other, exhibiting a few designer's same models for years. This exhibition was unique in that regard (there were some new exhibitors along with the some of the biggest names). But also it was small and only lasted a weekend.

@Lipko: Good news for You, a bit bad for the community. I am sure You will have an eye on the forum tough.

Not for the house, but for the second topic of your actual life situation I already made a BI, enjoy! :classic:

800x604.jpg

@agrof lol :D

@Lipko too bad, I actually planned to visit that event with my son but due to the rescheduled working/school day and the short weekend we did not have time..

1 hour ago, agrof said:

@Lipko: Good news for You, a bit bad for the community. I am sure You will have an eye on the forum tough.

Not for the house, but for the second topic of your actual life situation I already made a BI, enjoy! :classic:

Ahem... Let's skip that information.. :look:

@agrof :laugh:

@Lipko It's completely understandable that you want to focus on other things. I stepped away from the hobby for the past few months because of some classes I was taking - life always takes priority.  Don't be a stranger, you are always welcome here. 

21 hours ago, Lipko said:

Yup, you read right, I'm quitting, at least for a few years. There are some more interesting stuff to make. House, kids, etc 

"Sorry" to hear that. I hope though you will build/buy a brick house ;)

Edited by drakmin

@Lipko: I don´t judge this as "bad news" at all. Buying a house is a much more important thing in life (which I haven´t accomplished yet too). Doing it up then requires a lot of time of course (making babies doesn´t though :laugh:). I wish you all the best and don´t refrain from coming aroung from time to time :wink:

Moved Lipko's news to our Pub.
@Lipko, happy to hear you are moving on with important things in your life. Hope you will come back! 

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Moved Lipko's news to our Pub.

Good call :thumbup:

@Lipko Regarding the LEGO hobby; there can be grey, instead of black or white. Maybe not when it comes to building, but we hope to see you around.

On 24/03/2018 at 9:16 PM, Lipko said:

Yup, you read right, I'm quitting, at least for a few years. There are some more interesting stuff to make. House, kids, etc 

Spot on. I am just coming back form this now.

@Lipko

I understand you, I'm just a couple of step in front of you.:grin:

We bought and refurbish a house in the 2015 and we have a child in the 2016....and now it's more or less a year that I don't build seriously.
I did a MOC (simpler than usual), but I lost interest due the lack of time and energy. Even the inspiration is dropped down. But I don't think that I will quit....I'm in a sort of a soft break, I spend no more than 5-6 hours/months building MOCs.

In any case, good luck with your future projects.

Edited by Lucio Switch

I agree with Jim, grey is the way to go.

When I get fed up with working on the house, then its time for a bit of Lego, and as for the kids, they are probably a reason why I do more Lego than less, although the younger one is mostly into Ninjago whichi is slightly out of my zone :classic:

@Lipko, it's a pitty that you're not going to build LEGO for a while, but it's a good thing that your life has more important things to offer. Even though I think this is not good bye, I would like to say that I've come to appreciate your contribution to the community, both in models and in comments. In general, your builds are extremely well thought-through, yet breath a sence of simplicity or at least straightforwardness. This building style has been a true source of inspiration to me. And maybe even more, your persistence and faithfulness towards your own building rules. And personally, I have experienced your comments in my WIP threads as very useful. Sometimes only a few words have pulled me right back on track. Thanks for that!

And who knows your WIP kids - I can assure you, they will remain WIP also after they are born - can appreciate Technic when they are a few years old and then before you know a new Technic era unfolds :wink:.

Edited by Didumos69

27 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

And who knows your WIP kids - I can assure you, they will remain WIP also after they are born - can appreciate Technic when they are a few years old and then before you know a new Technic era unfolds :wink:.

I agree with this. Building with Jr. Thirdwiggs has been a jolt to my love of Lego. They are also forcing me to build stronger MOCs...which can't be a bad thing.

Hello, I'm in the pub, feeling kind of discouraged. I posted a WIP topic of my own, but it has seen little acktivity. I see topics like @Didumos69 and his Greyhound buggy, and there is lots of acktivity, and I'm just wondering, what am I doing wrong? Are my writeups incoherent, are my pictures lacking, or is it that I just don't post when people are online? I feel kind of isolated on this forum.:cry_sad:

7 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

Hello, I'm in the pub, feeling kind of discouraged. I posted a WIP topic of my own, but it has seen little acktivity. I see topics like @Didumos69 and his Greyhound buggy, and there is lots of acktivity, and I'm just wondering, what am I doing wrong? Are my writeups incoherent, are my pictures lacking, or is it that I just don't post when people are online? I feel kind of isolated on this forum.:cry_sad:

Hi. For starters; it would be better to include a link to your topic :wink: That would make it easier for people to take a look and judge your topic/WIP.

Which topic are you refering to?

On 24-3-2018 at 11:16 AM, Lipko said:

All the best Lipko! I had a similar period a few years back ( my kids are now 5 and 3 y/o) but found myself coming back eventually with a whole lot of new inspiration. I would never have come up with the idea of a family car moc without actually having a family:wink:.

And both my kids share the love for LEGO, so I find myself building junior and city sets regularly (and enjoying it as well). Just take your time, don't rush things and probably you'll find yourself back at it in a few years.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Hi. For starters; it would be better to include a link to your topic :wink: That would make it easier for people to take a look and judge your topic/WIP.

Which topic are you refering to?

This one:

20 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

This one:

I hardly follow all the topics nowadays, so I'm not sure my opinion is very representative. But I'll give it a go.

I see that have created a new topic, while there's lots of useful information in the previous topic. If you had continued with the old topic, which is perfectly fine in this case, there would be more activity overall. Your model is still a WIP and people like to see progress. 

The reason the topic/moc of Didumos is so popular is probably because it's a very clean and sexy model. People tend to like crawlers and this one is very well executed. Combine this with the superb renders and people will love it. I would buy this model in a heartbeat. This is triple A material.

I wouldn't feel bad, you are doing a great job with such a complicated build. I have merged both topics, so we can see the entire history in a single topic. Keep up the good work and don't worry so much about views and responses. 

@Saberwing40k 

What I learn recently since i started here for 2 months that I wish I can have a big audience but when I started to admire the MOC That I like from other users and make a honest comment and I get a reply, I felt that I am being heard and I get interested in their work as I felt I was part of their MOC . Didumos or even effermann would even do a render mod or a build on what you would think what it needed at that time.. Many user like them like feed back on their MOC and I actually learned a lot from that.   Plus I always like to updates on my work and post it knowing its was small..  It keeps me on the first page on the technic forum and that how you can gain a big audience. People like to feel that they can be a part of something even though were are competing.. 

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

First of all, having a WIP topic is important to me, because it pushes me further. For instance, when I look back at my first bodywork attempts for the Greyhound, I now see how much it has improved even though I was quite content with the first versions. This also means that people see their feedback incorporated in the build, which makes them actually involved. I don't know what the exact ingredients are for a successful WIP topic, but I can tell you what I do:

• I don't set high goals or strive for replicating a real-life vehicle, I just start with some ideas. For the Greyhound I started with an idea for 4WD using turn-table based wheel-hubs.
  • I post regularly, somtimes even about the smallest improvements. I explain practically all my considerations. This may be annoying to some, but at least there are a few that know the whole story, which eventually brings more valuable feedback.
  • If possible I ask for help or feedback on very specific issues, for instance about a problem I have. For the Greyhound I asked for help with a problem I had with the steering rods popping out on a steep climb and within a few hours the problem was solved.
  • I update the second half of my topic title when I think I have something interesting to show or when I enter a new phase.
  • I show progress video's (unlisted Youtube video's) of everything moving. This is way more informative than images alone.
  • I show renders of my next steps.

And finally, I tend to finish my MOCs, which helps of course in gaining audience.

One more thing I would like to add: When I'm working on a MOC, I don't look much around in other topics. In between MOCs I feel much more helpful and interested in MOCs from others.