9 hours ago, ColletArrow said:
  • What is your favourite theme outside technic? I know a lot of people here don't really have one, but if you do what is it?
  • What do you think the best year of technic sets was?

1. I am taking a liking to 9v trains. They can go fast and you don’t need to shove a battery box in it. 

2. I quite liked the interesting parts and colors from the 1990s. 

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

42 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I don't wanna start anything, but how much for water?

That depends ... tap or bottled? :grin:

@ColletArrow  Favourite other theme would be Architecture or Modulars.

Best year of technic? Now that is a tricky one.  I think I'll go for 1977, as that is when it all started for me, and the theme.

I think this is going to be too much fun for the government to handle the lego 'fol's this year!

45 minutes ago, ColletArrow said:

And here's another few questions to consider:

• What is your favourite theme outside technic? I know a lot of people here don't really have one, but if you do what is it?
  • This has to be Star Wars, although I really love modulars (Creator Expert).
  • Interesting...old Technic is great fun and I understand people saying 1977, but I'd have to go with 2016...Claas, Porsche, BWE, Heavy Lift Chopper. Ohhh and the Drag Racer LoL.

Just now, Jim said:
  • Interesting...old Technic is great fun and I understand people saying 1977, but I'd have to go with 2016...Claas, Porsche, BWE, Heavy Lift Chopper. Ohhh and the Drag Racer LoL.

Totally agree on this. I ended up buying most of the Technic sets in 2016. I bought: 42044, 42045, 42048, 42052, 42053 x2, 42054, 42055 x2, 42056. Still amazed at how good sets that year are.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

I noticed there hasn't been much talk here, I guess lego is control of your lives.

I have a few random questions to ask: most lego related.

• How much does lego control your life?
  • do you want a White Christmas this year?
  • Are there going to be lego boxes under the tree?
  • Do you do anything special with legos during Christmas?
  • And last, what is your favorite color of technic?
  • I wouldn't say lego controls my life, but nowadays it takes a pretty significant amount of my time :)
  • I really-really want a white Christmas, but it will be highly unlikely to happen here in Hungary. 
  • Obviously :) My son is always asking for Lego, and I think I already had all my Christmas credits used with 42077 & 42078 :grin: I also bought some Duplo for my daughter to be on the safe side but she won't get it yet (only 7 months old :laugh: )
  • I'm planning to take some of my RC cars with me when we'll visit family in the countryside, always looking for opportunities to shoot videos :wink:
  • black, or very-very dark bluish gray :tongue:

I have to say, most of your answers so far have put a smile on my face. there are many ways to spend a Christmas and some sound interesting.

Just now, kbalage said:
  • I'm planning to take some of my RC cars with me when we'll visit family in the countryside, always looking for opportunities to shoot videos :wink:

While you are here, did you test my snow speeder chassis? no pressure, just wanted to ask.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

While you are here, did you test my snow speeder chassis? no pressure, just wanted to ask.

Not yet sorry, I was 100% busy with the reviews of the new Technic sets and I am still busy with their RC mods. I'll have a look in a couple of weeks.

Just now, kbalage said:

Not yet sorry, I was 100% busy with the reviews of the new Technic sets and I am still busy with their RC mods. I'll have a look in a couple of weeks.

OK, enjoy your Christmas!

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I noticed there hasn't been much talk here, I guess lego is control of your lives.

• Not much
  • Yes
  • Probably no (at least not for me)
  • no. Maybe some Duplo rails with my brother and his kid
  • I don't have a favorite color.

5 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

It's a significant part of my life now that I try make a living out of it
Want, yes, but as it looks now it will be warmer than Easter again...
Don't think so, but don't feel sorry for me, my LEGO room overspilled into a second room this year...
Make some videos and start a non-commissioned project (still doubting between a F1 race car and a self-designed 1:8 supercar, so preferences are welcome)
Hmm... Having built a lot in red/white/black the past year I actually look forward to start making some stuff in dark azure now that it is becoming more available. I think it is a really rich colour so I'd like to give it a try.

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

- Lego is a weird part of my life, Technic is a bridge between my dream to become a industrial/transportation designer and the reality that I had to study mechanical engineering and work in this field :D Lego is now like a meditation every time that reality hurts me :)

- No I hate snow. Born and grown up in Vietnam, a tropical land, and stayed in Germany for 10 years, the most thing annoys me is the snow and when it melts.

- Yes, but not my tree. As long as I am the only one who buy Lego for myself, there will be no one gave me a set as a present. But every Christmas I buy a Technic set for my nephew and play with him.

- Yes I'm working on my Technic Ideas project, want to make a proper motorcycle set :D

- My favourite Technic color is the blue of 42036. Orange is also nice, but I can not afford the Porsche at this moment :D

Edited by zor2ox

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

• The entirety of my weekends are controlled by lego. 
  • Yes, and it seems like we are gonna have one! I don't like it when the snow melts, so it might as well stay forever. 
  • Yes there will!
  • Rebuild my most recent set before the one I get
  • Dark azure by a long shot
Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

6 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Before I answer, I hope my 2 posts merge.

• Ideas or the Star Wars UCS
  • 2016. The only letdown that year was... oh wait, there was no letdown. 

what's this white christmas thing? It's over 40 celcius here! White would be nice - it'd slow the bushfires!

Good idea to have a round of just-for-fun questions. Also, nice questions @Aventador2004 :)

How much does lego control your life?
Well, space-wise or time-wise? I mean, Lego controls a large part of my room ;) Fortunately, it doesn't control my life. But of course, some things in life do inspire me to build things, and sometimes I can spend whole days building. But that holds for all hobbies :)

do you want a White Christmas this year?
We had snow last week (same country as Jim ;)) and it looked beautiful, but it was good that most of it was in a weekend, because Monday and Tuesday half of my colleagues had to work from home and one colleague was stuck abroad because his flight back home was canceled. So, yeah, snow is beautiful but it's also dreadfully cumbersome ;) Personally, I don't care for Christmas so I don't care if show falls around the 25th or sometime else (as long as it's not in June :P )

Are there going to be lego boxes under the tree?
No children here, so no Christmas presents (the Dutch have Sinterklaas 3 weeks before, which is more of a children and presents thing. Christmas here is more focused around family and friends, diners, end-of-year lunches with colleagues, cliché movies and decorations with lots of little lights ;))

Do you do anything special with legos during Christmas?
Not really, no. Except that it's the start of a 2-week holiday here so no work!! :D So, more time to tinker with little mechanisms :)\

And last, what is your favorite color of technic?
That's a hard one. What I like most is combining different colors and trying out interesting palettes. But I have to say I really like Lego's white. It's not pure white, slightly warmer (compared to, say, a sheet of paper). Also, white is the best color if you build with non-optimal light :)

7 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Q1 ... Not much, I have lots of other things to do.

Q2 ... Definitely not... Snow and me do not get along well, because it is cold, and I don't do cold well.

Q3 ... I hope so

Q4 ... I rebuild and Improve my Winter Village and each year on Christmas day me, my son, and his wife build LEGO sets that I bought just for the occasion.

Q4 ... I don't think I have a favorite color of Technic.

Andy D

10 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:
Good idea to have a round of just-for-fun questions. Also, nice questions @Aventador2004 :)

Thank you, I like that many people answered, gives lots of diversity to see.

It also seems dark azure is a bit popular.

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

-Not too much, now that our LUG's show event season is over.

-Yes.  I enjoy cycling in freshly fallen white snow before the dogs turn it yellow.

-No.

-Work on the LUG collaboration builds.  BTW, that should be LEGO, not "legos".  :wink:

-Yellow.  :classic:

12 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

1. How much does Lego control your life?

2. Do you want a White Christmas this year?

3. Are there going to be Lego boxes under the tree?

4. Do you do anything special with Lego during Christmas?

5. What is your favorite color of Technic?

11 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

6. What is your favorite theme outside Technic?

7. What do you think the best year of Technic sets was?

1. Most of the time it only controls it a little bit, but when I get stuck into building, it has a lot more control... sometimes even over my dreams!

2. Well it would be nice, but it's never going to happen where I am.

3. Nah, why wait for Christmas? :laugh:

4. Not really, but sometimes (including this year) I build a Lego Santa or something else Christmas-y.

5. BLACK! - mainly because it's the second most abundant color of all Lego colors (just behind white), and I have so much of it in my collection

6. That depends on whether it's a theme you own or not... Probably my favorite theme would be the modular buildings, but my favorite theme I actually own would be the old agents (both years) - I just really like the style and the cool vehicles. And I've almost got a complete collection - just missing the volcano base...

7. Hard to say, there's been quite a lot of great sets over the years, but I'd probably say 2015, it had some really nice sets - including 42043.

I'd like to ask another question: What year was your best Christmas?

For me it would be 2015, when I decided to get myself a EV3 set. :sweet:

10 hours ago, kbalage said:

I also bought some Duplo for my daughter to be on the safe side but she won't get it yet (only 7 months old :laugh: )

By the way, did you see the end of The Lego Movie?

4 hours ago, bonox said:

what's this white christmas thing? It's over 40 celcius here! White would be nice - it'd slow the bushfires!

At least it's not that hot where I am...

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

i'd like to ask another question: What year was your best Christmas?

I think 2013, when I got 42000, my second technic set. I spent 4-5 hours on it, such a huge set!

7 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

One word: autocorrect.

Autocorrect can be dangerous and funny.  I turned mine off. 

5 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Autocorrect can be dangerous and funny.  I turned mine off. 

Mine I can't...