Rumor has it, they will try to bring the books into a film format. I want to watch it.... NOW! They said the studio which made the cg-films in the games will produce the series.

We are having our third Technic meet-up this Wednesday in Vaughan to showcase @Lox Lego new stunning creation!

Anyone who is in the area and loves Technic / Lego or even just beer :laugh: will have a great time!

20 hours ago, technic_addict said:

We are having our third Technic meet-up this Wednesday in Vaughan to showcase @Lox Lego new stunning creation!

Anyone who is in the area and loves Technic / Lego or even just beer :laugh: will have a great time!

Thanks for posting Technic Addict, looking forward to the meet. You've gotta see the Veneno in real life :blush:

Lamborghini Veneno - white room shots

Edited by Lox Lego

Hi all. I saw that Argos in the UK have all three of the new technic sets with a 3 for 2 deal on. I'm not sure if it's all across the UK, I live in Bristol. 

This is the Pub. You are not allowed to talk about LEGO here :laugh:

I will split your post into a separate topic:

When is the technic forum theme going to be put back on? still trying to work on it and figure out the polls?

2 hours ago, Jim said:

... here are some of my pictures taken during our West Coast Trip in 2015 ...

Really nice photo's, Jim. I'm actually doing a very similar trip next month, really excited about it. Any must-sees, tips and tricks despite the obvious landmarks?

Edited by Cumulonimbus

15 hours ago, JJ2 said:

When is the technic forum theme going to be put back on? still trying to work on it and figure out the polls?

We don't discuss things like this in the Pub :laugh:

14 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Really nice photo's, Jim. I'm actually doing a very similar trip next month, really excited about it. Any must-sees, tips and tricks despite the obvious landmarks?

PIONEERTOWN
Near Joshua Tree Park there's a small western town called Pioneertown. It wasn't on our Itinerary, but we heard it from a nice lady. It was definitely worth a visit. Just a simple western town, which has also been part of some old movies. Nothing spectacular, but it's worth an hour of your time.

36430071785_9441445b8c_b.jpg

GRAND CANYON CAVERNS
I am not sure which route you will be taking, but you might want to check the Grand Canyon Caverns. Also not that familiar but 100% worth it. I think it's the second biggest underground cavern system in the world. The biggest is in Russia. You can even sleep in the caverns, but that will cost you a couple of 42070's.

36033434930_5f67a67a72_b.jpg

SELIGMAN
If you take the Route 66 along Grand Canon Caverns you will be able to eat a burger at the world famous Delgadillos Snow Cap. Burgers aren't very special, but the place itself is very cool.

36033432930_8f7ae09aed_b.jpg

ET-HIGHWAY AND AREA 51
If you are fan of aliens and sci-fi etc, I recommend driving over the Extra Terrestrial Highway to the north (or to the South if you are driving clockwise). This is the road next to Area 51. You will be skipping Death Valley if you take that route, but if you are driving a camper you aren't even allowed to go there (during a certain period). 

These are four things that might not be on your itinerary, but they are definitely worth considering!

Ohhh and if you are willing to spend the cash...PLEASE DO THE HELICOPTER TOUR over the Grand Canyon. Most beautiful thing you have ever seen! Well, besides the beforementioned 42070 of course :tongue:

NOTE! If you are afraid of hights, DON'T WORRY! Flying a helicopter is totally different. I am somewhat acrophobic myself, but you don't get that feeling in a helicopter. Do it!!

36384450166_42787dcba0_b.jpg

Please post (or PM) you itinerary. I am very interested to find out what your plan is.

27 minutes ago, Jim said:

Please post (or PM) you itinerary. I am very interested to find out what your plan is.

Our start and finish will be San Francisco and we have 3 weeks to explore California with the aid of a massive RV (camper).

At the moment, we plan to take the following route: Explore San Francisco for two days, head for one of the national parks in the north to see sequoias,  cross the Sierra Nevada to visit the Reno air races, then Yosemite national park, experience the desert (maybe not Death valley itself), Las Vegas, see the Grand Canyon (by helicopter maybe, depends on the budget) , Los Angeles, follow the Pacific coast highway back to San Francisco. Other ideas are to visit an abandoned gold rush village, drink Californian wine, see an aircraft boneyard, visit silicon valley, do some surfing and many more...

It's probably a bit ambitious, but we'll see. The goal is to enjoy the journey, not to complete the checklist.

Edit: Maybe forum members have suggestions for Lego related places worth the visit in CA?

Edited by Cumulonimbus

If you go as far as Vegas and the Grand Canyon, go a bit further and see Monument Valley on the Arizona/Utah border, the location with the iconic rock spires ("Mittens"), and maybe venture north into Utah for Arches or further into Arizona for Meteor Crater, Petrified Forest, or Canyon De Chelly.  The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is also well worth while, as is Zion Park and/or Bryce Canyon.  Basically, you can't go wrong anywhere in the four-corners area.  Death Valley is well worth while, even if you need to rent a car for a day - I spent a week there and it was overwhelming with many areas of interest.  Have fun!

btw, I heard a report on the radio this morning that the national parks are jammed packed, so if you need camping reservations or RV slots, better to check now rather than be stuck later.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

You can even sleep in the caverns, but that will cost you a couple of 42070's.

36033434930_5f67a67a72_b.jpg

That is interesting currency they use in these caverns! :classic:

This pic strikes me as a Fallout 3/nv/4 cavern player home. Bet it was more than awesome trip!

It actually serves as a fallout shelter (caverns). Loads of canned food and water has been stored. 

1 hour ago, JGW3000 said:

If you go as far as Vegas and the Grand Canyon, go a bit further and see Monument Valley on the Arizona/Utah border, the location with the iconic rock spires ("Mittens"), and maybe venture north into Utah for Arches or further into Arizona for Meteor Crater, Petrified Forest, or Canyon De Chelly.  The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is also well worth while, as is Zion Park and/or Bryce Canyon.  Basically, you can't go wrong anywhere in the four-corners area.  Death Valley is well worth while, even if you need to rent a car for a day - I spent a week there and it was overwhelming with many areas of interest.  Have fun!

btw, I heard a report on the radio this morning that the national parks are jammed packed, so if you need camping reservations or RV slots, better to check now rather than be stuck later.

This! I do suggest extending your itinerary with the places @JGW3000 mentioned. Exactly the tour we did (as you can tell by the pictures).

We ended up planning and booking the entire trip before we left. Maybe not so adventurous, but it saves you a lot of frustration when you're there. RV parks and campsites fill up quickly.

Nice pics Jim, the living room-looking cave is awesome!

I don't know if there's been any updates on this forum lately, but recently the forum has started asking "are you sure" whenever I click "Mark forum as read".
Does anyone know how I can deactivate this asking thing? It's annoying having to confirm every time I want to mark a forum as read.

Edited by Error404

Yup the forum has been updated. I don't know the answer to your question.

On 11-8-2017 at 12:39 PM, Jim said:

I'm back on this side of the big pond and currently "enjoying" the benefits of jetlag (it's about 4AM now), but what an amazing trip it has been.

We've seen many magnificent places, drove a big RV (for European standards anyway), ate great food, met some really nice people. The list of possible places to visit was way too long as expected, but we checked enough boxes to get a good impression of California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah: I loved the sights of big American trucks on the highways, the endless and always changing landscapes, the National parks, the service focused attitude of (most) people we met. We drove a classic '65 Ford Mustang on the Pacific coast, shot a gun for the first time in our lives (those things are LOUD), tried to wrap our heads around the size and scale of the Grand Canyon and the giant sequoia trees, swam in the Pacific and got properly rinsed by some massive waves, saw exciting wildlife and many many more.

USofA, you have been great!

43 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

I'm back on this side of the big pond and currently "enjoying" the benefits of jetlag (it's about 4AM now), but what an amazing trip it has been.

We've seen many magnificent places, drove a big RV (for European standards anyway), ate great food, met some really nice people. The list of possible places to visit was way too long as expected, but we checked enough boxes to get a good impression of California, Nevada, Arizona and Utah: I loved the sights of big American trucks on the highways, the endless and always changing landscapes, the National parks, the service focused attitude of (most) people we met. We drove a classic '65 Ford Mustang on the Pacific coast, shot a gun for the first time in our lives (those things are LOUD), tried to wrap our heads around the size and scale of the Grand Canyon and the giant sequoia trees, swam in the Pacific and got properly rinsed by some massive waves, saw exciting wildlife and many many more.

USofA, you have been great!

It seems like you enjoyed your trip, it is nice here. I like the landscapes, Hills, and just plain beautiful land. any pictures to share? I also love old mustangs, because my dad has a 85' and it is loud and fast, as most classic cars are.