7 hours ago, Andy D said:

@grum64 are you going to give us a blow-by-blow build of this? I look forward to those builds.

Andy D

I would but having previously posted the VW Camper, Mini Cooper & VW Beetle in this Forum I think the Caterham might be pushing my luck :classic:

8 hours ago, grum64 said:

I would but having previously posted the VW Camper, Mini Cooper & VW Beetle in this Forum I think the Caterham might be pushing my luck :classic:

Why? I think the Catherham is very, very close to a Model Team.

@Jim. How about a ruling?

Andy D

merry christmas, sorry I'm late. since everyone's saying, I just got a bunch of rc parts and motors. I should be able to build Madoca's trophy truck now! yay so excited, merry christmas again to everyone!

I'm having some trouble with the Technic forum lately.

Old reviews appear to be cutoff, this one for example:

Also the 8110 Unimog, and 8436 crane truck.

I think it might have to do with the forum upgrade, but I don't know, anyone else having the same issue?

Belated Christmas greetings everyone, no Technic for me this year but I did get the 'Yellow Submarine' :classic:

Happy New Year! 

May all your Technic wishes come true!

Andy D

5 hours ago, Andy D said:

Happy New Year! 

May all your Technic wishes come true!

Andy D

OK, who is paying for my copy of 42009, 8110 9398, Air Tech claw rig, 8880...? :tongue:

Question: Anyone found a C model for 42055 BWE yet, I haven't seen any, even though it is just a parts pack in a box basically. :wacko:

P.S. I would buy classic sets, but the PPP compared to sets nowaday is crazy + I like studless building

P.P.S. No flame war please. :sadnew:

Edited by XtremeBuilder
8880, not 8800

Gilly & I wish you all a healthy, happy and prosperous 2017. May it be the stuff of your dreams.

A very happy and inspirational new year to you all! 

Greetings feom Luxembourg!

Willem

8 hours ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Question: Anyone found a C model for 42055 BWE yet, I haven't seen any, even though it is just a parts pack in a box basically. :wacko:

I'm working on a C model for the BWE. It's a very different set - it has a huge amount of parts, but the variety of parts is limited. 

Happy new year.

43 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

I'm working on a C model for the BWE. It's a very different set - it has a huge amount of parts, but the variety of parts is limited. 

Happy new year.

What are you thinking of?

I was thinking for mine either:

1: Snow Groomer

2: Snow Groomer like design arctic off-road vehicle

3: Excavator with grasping claw (kinda like a larger 42006)

4: Tree Feller Excavator

5: Scorpion King Tracked log cutter.

These all sound good, but I'm building a windmill. I've always wanted to build one and this set has some very suitable parts. 

I have started building 9398 from my collection of parts hoping to get the colours as close as possible, Happy New Year and I hope TLG give us a great flagship set.

I have the option to go to the Nuremberg Toy Fair, but I have come to the conclusion that it's a 6,5 hour drive. This means I will need to take two days off, or go in the weekend. Either way I will need to book a hotel for one or two nights. When I go in the weekend, the first pics have already popped-up. Of course, there's much more than LEGO, so it's fun to go anyway. But I'm not really sure about it.

I would go if I had the chance; at least once. 

It would be great to have an attendee with a Technic mind to be able to answer many of our follow up questions about sets after the show. Rather than only pictures, I suspect you would be able give some input on the actual content of the Technic sets. It would be great if you could go, but that's mostly for my (our?) selfish desires. I also don't know what it will cost you.

But you should go.

On 1/1/2017 at 7:19 PM, BusterHaus said:

These all sound good, but I'm building a windmill. I've always wanted to build one and this set has some very suitable parts. 

Very much looking forward to it! I quite enjoyed build your 42038 C-Model; it's great for when I want to display something a bit more recognizable than an Arctic Truck.

6 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

I would go if I had the chance; at least once. 

It would be great to have an attendee with a Technic mind to be able to answer many of our follow up questions about sets after the show. Rather than only pictures, I suspect you would be able give some input on the actual content of the Technic sets. It would be great if you could go, but that's mostly for my (our?) selfish desires. I also don't know what it will cost you.

But you should go.

The Fair itself is pretty cheap. A hotel in Nuremberg is somewhat expensive for two nights, but I can do a hotel somewhere near Nuremberg. The costs are manageable :wink: 

Just wondering if it will be worth my while. The pictures will be available by the time I get there, but it might get some more information. And I need to find out whether you are allowed to take detailed pictures, that it's tolerated or that it's frowned upon.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

The Fair itself is pretty cheap. A hotel in Nuremberg is somewhat expensive for two nights, but I can do a hotel somewhere near Nuremberg. The costs are manageable :wink: 

Just wondering if it will be worth my while. The pictures will be available by the time I get there, but it might get some more information. And I need to find out whether you are allowed to take detailed pictures, that it's tolerated or that it's frowned upon.

When making a decision like this I always like to think about the alternatives. If you don't go and save yourself the vacation days/costs, what are you going to do with them? I faced a similar situation last year and decided against taking a vacation (since it was early in the year as well) and then ended up spending vacation to "just" relax at home doing pretty much nothing. At that point I really regretted not using the resources for something more rewarding. 

I would go if I had the opertunity and the costs were manageable, I'm lucky enough to be my own boss so I would go in the week, but I know I'm lucky.

From a forum users perspective Ibyhink it would be great to have a friendly forum technic expert's unbiased opinion on the sets, I don't think timing before or after pictures is critical

2 hours ago, Jim said:

It would certainly be worth your while! As thirdwigg mentioned, it's probably selfish of us to get you to go, but it would be super useful to have that information, especially after last years Porsche discussion, where we thought it would be motorized (boy were we wrong), to prove that we need someone who knows their stuff to go collect intel for us.

7 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

...to prove that we need someone who knows their stuff to go collect intel for us.

Yup, the elves at TLCB just aren't reliable enough. :tongue::laugh:

Seriously though, It is your decision, but will you regret it if you DON'T do it?

That is what I think when I want to buy something, will I regret NOT buying it?