Anyone here watching the 24H Le Mans? Glad to see Porsche on pole!

Is it just me, or is the Audi the ugliest LMP ever?

Now I discovered big problems for me on bricklink, I cannot access any shops or search anything on Bricklink - everytime I try I get a 413 error page :(((

I can access my profile and look the info of a set or part thought

Since we're in the pub, I feel a small rant coming on!

I placed a bricklink order that was to be posted from Finland to the UK. It took 7 days for the guy to actually get round to posting it and it didn't get to me for 2 weeks after ordering. I know I asked for economy mail, which I assume should take a few days to get here, but a week before posting my order?

There was no response to email queries either. When I finally got the order yesterday I gave neutral feedback because I thought the service was not that great. Now the seller immediately gave me negative feedback and sent me a ranting email saying it was my fault for choosing economy mail!

My otherwise perfect feedback is now stained with a negative point!

I wish I had given him negative feedback now.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world, but it annoyed me for a bit.

Anyone else had bricklink issues?

Yeah, that might happen sometimes.

You might get more replies in Bricklink topic, or on Brickling forum itself.

Two weeks is not that bad for economy mail, i had orders that took more than two monts to arrive, Continental Europe to Continental Europe, and I did not give neutral or negative, simply because I was in contact with the seller all the time, and he did not have any neutral or negative, so i trusted that he did his part of the deal.

Good practice is to check the seller before posting an order. These kind of stuff (slow shipping, no-replying, slow service) are usually reflected in his feedback page by few unsatisfied customers via neutral or neutral feeds.

I would say, if you are happy with the parts you got, just move on and forget about it.

This would fit better in Buying and Selling (but you need 100 posts, I know).

Regarding your matter; most of sellers ship within a day or two after payment. There can always be a reason they are shipping a bit later. And if you also choose Economy shipping, it can happen that it takes two weeks. Like Milan said; check the seller (store terms, feedback, etc). For what it's worth; when a shipment takes two weeks to reach me, I still leave positive feedback, but I might choose another seller next time.

Well, like I said, it's not the end of the world. The seller had a few negatives and neutrals. But he had the parts I needed. It was more the non communication and the "it's the customers fault" attitude. I won't be using him again.

Well, that's my rant over. I'll say no more!

I wish I had given him negative feedback now.
You have a month since the date you posted your feedback to remove it. Such way you can change to Negative if you wish.

New bricklink is amazing!

The modding bug bit me again tonight, so i set about modifying my 42000 to a Ferrari F150 Italia look (given that the model itself is pretty close), and after rummaging through all the parts i have i still need a fair bit of colour swaps, cue new bricklink!

I absolutely love the feature for ordering a wanted lists from several shops, the interactive highlighting, being able to set up multiple orders easily... love it.

New bricklink is amazing!

I absolutely love the feature for ordering a wanted lists from several shops, the interactive highlighting, being able to set up multiple orders easily... love it.

Then you are doing much better than me. I can't seem to make the new wanted list do anything, and I can't get the old way to work either. It has been a nightmare trying to order parts lately.

Then you are doing much better than me. I can't seem to make the new wanted list do anything, and I can't get the old way to work either. It has been a nightmare trying to order parts lately.

I just hovered over the want icon in the top bar, clicked buy in the pop-up menu, select a wanted list, click find stores and BAM, off you go

Only annoyance is that it wont remember i only want shops from my own country, but thats a minor inconvenience.

I just hovered over the want icon in the top bar, clicked buy in the pop-up menu, select a wanted list, click find stores and BAM, off you go

Only annoyance is that it wont remember i only want shops from my own country, but thats a minor inconvenience.

It may be a matter of how big your wanted list is. I had over 700 different types of parts on my wanted list.

After you buy something, it has an option to apply an order to your wanted list which seems like a good thing. However, it only marks the parts as "have" but does not remove them from the wanted list. Therefore if you search by store it still looks for parts you already have ordered.

It may be a matter of how big your wanted list is. I had over 700 different types of parts on my wanted list.

After you buy something, it has an option to apply an order to your wanted list which seems like a good thing. However, it only marks the parts as "have" but does not remove them from the wanted list. Therefore if you search by store it still looks for parts you already have ordered.

Hmm, it didnt do that for me, once i placed the items in my shopping cart for the selected shop, it removed those from the search criteria for new shops.

I only had a 22 part list mind you, i tend to mostly just modify existing models these days, and group my needed part by purpose.

Hmm, it didnt do that for me, once i placed the items in my shopping cart for the selected shop, it removed those from the search criteria for new shops.

I also didn't find a "select all" button. I had 700+ parts in my list which take up 28 pages, but you have to select each page individually to search.

This is a new feature of Bricklink, so I'm sure they will improve the code as they get feedback. Even though the old system was a kludge, I was really good at it and had a good system after so much use. The new version is very different so will take some practice.

I also didn't find a "select all" button. I had 700+ parts in my list which take up 28 pages, but you have to select each page individually to search.

This is a new feature of Bricklink, so I'm sure they will improve the code as they get feedback. Even though the old system was a kludge, I was really good at it and had a good system after so much use. The new version is very different so will take some practice.

Ah right, i was well under one page, which might have been why it is so fluent, old BL had some idiosyncrasies when working with lists of more then one page.

It was all very intuitive and smooth though, here's to hoping they get the multipage thing under control sometime soon

Can anybody explain me why do I get 413 error when I try to do anything at bricklink?? From what I've read it isn't my fault, it is bricklink servers.

I cannot log in, open links(even if from outside the site) or search.Any action on the site that has to load something that isn't the main page gives me the 413.

Never happened to me before, and it is one of the worst things that ever happened to me, if I cannot buy pieces I won't be able to finish my Porsche or Pentax.

I feel really bad about how much this site lost. It looks like without Dan this is a mess.

Edited by LXF

C# .NET

iOS (Swift, Objective C)

Xamarin

Mobile Development (games, apps)

Web Development

SQL

etc

I try to steer clear of the PHP section. That's not my cup of tea.

[...]

I try to steer clear of the PHP section. That's not my cup of tea.

Finally. I thought I'd never meet someone with the same... attitude... as me :laugh:

Finally. I thought I'd never meet someone with the same... attitude... as me :laugh:

Where is the fist bump icon when you need it?! :laugh:

Games (2D), game prototypes (2D and 3D with OpenGL), editors and small tools in C for DOS and win32. Only as a hobby.

Here's my portfolio:

http://matelipkovics.blogspot.de/

Also you can check some stuff on my youtube channel (see signature).

I haven't done much since 4-5 years because Lego became my main hobby.

In my current job, I'm making an editor in my "spare" time in LabView.

I have to add a bit to the list:

Games with unity

java for different stuff primarily in university

development for android devices has been done by me

well... and I want to stay away from php as well :D

Games (2D), game prototypes (2D and 3D with OpenGL), editors and small tools in C for DOS and win32. Only as a hobby.

Here's my portfolio:

You have done some nice stuff.

Me:

C# is my preferred languege,I started with C++ (Direct X , OpenGL) and along the way picked up VB,Java,Python.

I have lately been teaching myself HTML5.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Here's my portfolio:

Nice MineSweeper Version!!!

Love The Triangle and Hexa Version.

Now i can try to beat up my highscore from the regular one :-)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: