Sign in to follow this  
WetWired

Brickin It Custom review: The Destructor

Adam from Brickin' It custom printed minifgures was generous enough to send me a copy of their first custom minifigure they're produced (Gozer) The Destructor!

To start with I wanted to point out the packaging, I haven't really bought any custom figures before but I thought this little matchbox sized custom packaging was a nice touch.

14941952443_22b4072b94_c.jpg

Gozer the Destructor Packaging by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Inside was the destructor herself in parts along with 2x blue lighting bolt pieces.

14941946983_42e1f5647b_c.jpg

Gozer the Destructor by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The quality of the printing is excellent, they apparently use the same technique as LEGO and it shows, very high quality printing that looks perfect, just like the real deal.

15538421276_6319593e02_c.jpg

With her lighting bolt attachments

14941948433_23618754b2_c.jpg

15375514919_d16fe916df_c.jpg

Overall I was very impressed with the print and design, apart from some shoddy chinese LEGO knockoffs I've never actually bought 3rd party minifgures before so this was a first for me. And having made this exact character myself with waterslide decals and been unhappy with the results makes their output even more impressive to me.

15559459381_5a4b1c9274_c.jpg

If someone asks if you're a god, you say YES by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Edited by WetWired

That's a nice figure! I like the price too... Especially as it's pad printed.

I'll probably wait for Vince to save on combined shipping to the UK.

I have no idea what a destructor is, but the fig looks fine.

Any backprinting?

It's Gozer, from Ghostbusters.

I wasn't sure about this at first, but it's grown on me a lot. It actually looks quite nice. Good rendition of the character, it actually looks like an official figure.

Great design here! Easily recognizable as the character from Ghostbusters, and it matches the LEGO "look" perfectly. Apart from some minor issues, it looks from a design standpoint straight from LEGO. And I love seeing another pad printer out there in the custom world! Great first effort here!

That's a nice figure! I like the price too... Especially as it's pad printed.

I'll probably wait for Vince to save on combined shipping to the UK.

And the price point is very nice for pad printing, but that is true as this fig only has 3 total colors on the entire minifig (unless there is another print on the back, not sure from these pics). That isn't a bad thing, as that is all this figure needs to be a great figure! That makes it much more affordable to do, too. I average about 10-15 colors per fig, so you can see where the jump in price happens. I need to real myself in a bit...

Edited by DarkKnight7

Great design here! Easily recognizable as the character from Ghostbusters, and it matches the LEGO "look" perfectly. Apart from some minor issues, it looks from a design standpoint straight from LEGO. And I love seeing another pad printer out there in the custom world! Great first effort here!

And the price point is very nice for pad printing, but that is true as this fig only has 3 total colors on the entire minifig (unless there is another print on the back, not sure from these pics). That isn't a bad thing, as that is all this figure needs to be a great figure! That makes it much more affordable to do, too. I average about 10-15 colors per fig, so you can see where the jump in price happens. I need to real myself in a bit...

Ha! Don't you dare!... You just keep your figures as good as they are!

As simple as the print of this fig may be the design is just right. Lego type detailing where it counts and the facial features emulate Lego enough too... that's what makes it work.

They could have added a light blue colour in there too but it probably didn't need it and as such it keeps the price down.

It means someone has printed their own design on minifigure parts.